ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Penn State Purdue thread ***

JerseyCityHawki

HR All-American
Oct 28, 2019
Hackensack, New Jersey
Who you got winning this one? Should be a banger to start week 1.5 …. For some reason I just think Penn St is going to win this one in a close white knuckle battle… will see how Tracey and Jones fair in their first outing…I wish them all the best.

I see the score something like this or (these)

PSU 33

Purdue 29

PSU 20

Purdue 17

PSU 28

Purdue 18

Who knows what will unfold but my bet is on PSU…

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
Definitely want psu to win but I have not followed either team as far as who they graduated and lost off the squad vs their replacements. Yes, it will be interesting to see how Tracy and Jones finish there and I think Jones could make a big impact. I think the psu main qb is back, clifford, and he is above avg and a threat.

I am just assuming psu will go all out of defense to make the purdue qb very uncomfortable. The hawks last year were not able to get to that qb and it hurt us. Purdue hasnt had a stellar running game so you have to stop their pass game

Definitely rooting for PU to lose tonite. Like the ole box of chocolates never know what that 1st game will reveal til you take a bite.
I like having a few conference games like this one and Ill vs IU this 1st weekend.
Really spices up the menu.
I just am not a fan of Iowa being in these games.
If it turns out like last year vs IU, fine. But it basically destroyed IU's season.

I personally believe anybody rooting for Penn State tonight is looney tunes.
if Penn State wins.. people will continue to disrespect the West.
so also, I'm curious how many times Penn State will fake injuries.

I want Purdue to look like the greatest team ever... then I want Iowa to beat them.

build em up.. then tear them down.

Purdue was 9-4 last season
Penn State 7-6

I personally believe anybody rooting for Penn State tonight is looney tunes.
if Penn State wins.. people will continue to disrespect the West.
so also, I'm curious how many times Penn State will fake injuries.

I want Purdue to look like the greatest team ever... then I want Iowa to beat them.

build em up.. then tear them down.

Purdue was 9-4 last season
Penn State 7-6
Until the West actually wins the BTCG, or has programs on the level of OSU and Michigan, it will be the less respected side. Who cares? It’s chatter, and divisions are going away soon anyhow.

OT game, maybe similar to that Illinois/psu game last year. Was that last year?
Better question: did they do anything to fix the ridiculous OT rules back to something that makes sense?

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
We want Purdue beaten down and demoralized. Penn State is one of the B1G's big brands that we need to succeed. Easy choice.

Go Nittany Lions.

Reactions: BDJHawk
Hate to say this, but I just can’t pull for PSU, they deserve to lose every game they play. I know it’s best for Iowa if Purdue loses but we should be able to beat them this year, definitely not saying we will, but we should with this D. Go Boilers 🤮

Reactions: F5n5
Definitely rooting for PU to lose tonite. Like the ole box of chocolates never know what that 1st game will reveal til you take a bite.
I like having a few conference games like this one and Ill vs IU this 1st weekend.
Really spices up the menu.
I just am not a fan of Iowa being in these games.
If it turns out like last year vs IU, fine. But it basically destroyed IU's season.
Not to mention Penix, that game was the start of a downward spiral for Indiana.

Reactions: BDJHawk
I think Penn State wins in a close one but I think PSU just has more talent and I don't think Purdue has great weapons on offense and I think their defense takes a step back.
Actually our defense will be stronger. How do you replace a super star DL man? Have the most quality depth you have had since the Tiller Era. We can play 10 different guys in the DL and that is far and away the best aggregated group in a long time. Our OL will have 9 different players and some years we have struggled to have 5. Replace David Bell? Not with a single player but with more quality and once again depth. It has taken six years to get to this position depth wise.

OT game, maybe similar to that Illinois/psu game last year. Was that last year?
Better question: did they do anything to fix the ridiculous OT rules back to something that makes sense?
No, A 2-pt arcade after the 2nd OT.

edit - wanted to say parade, but somehow it came up arcade. On second thought that sounds better so I left if.

Anybody rooting for Purdue is dumb AF. Also, Franklin is a douche, but are we just going to give the Purdue staff a pass with its negative recruiting?

Reactions: BDJHawk and reotto
As much as I instinctively want our most hated rival to lose, I could not look myself in the mirror if I ever rooted for Penn State. I hope Charlie burns them for 15 catches and 350 yards.

Reactions: grayhair81 and F5n5
As much as I instinctively want our most hated rival to lose, I could not look myself in the mirror if I ever rooted for Penn State. I hope Charlie burns them for 15 catches and 350 yards.
Isn’t part of the reason we didn’t have many options in the portal because dear Charlie transferred so late in the process? Sorry, but I hope he gets zero catches and fumbles every return!!!!!

This is a proove it game for Franklin he needs to win tonight!2 years in a row 4 and 5 in big play.7 mil a year!I hope they lose.

Reactions: F5n5
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT