ADVERTISEMENT

Official Portal Watch

What if Ayala reached out to OSU?

Iowa has Spencer but OSU has Gilman, RBY, and Fix

Maybe Drake didn't appreciate the 2022 SS after all. Just posting food for thought from a non-Iowa fan.
Gilman possibly but the other 2 defensive wrestling is not Ayala style. Spencer great technician but Desanto is the one to train and spar with.

Reactions: Inthecircle
Well Bob isn’t on staff so he doesn’t have to follow NCAA rules. Is it right? No, but it’s how the NCAA operates in the NIL era.
I mean, technically he has to, boosters are not allowed to bypass NCAA rules, but also to your point the NCAA does not seem to currently care. I sure hope they don't start caring soon and come after us

Look guys sounds like Buch is on board and Teemer is at least 50/50 maybe more like 70/30 on board but if this lineup can’t give psu all they want I would be shocked.
Cruz: ???
Ayala: Top 3
Block: Low AA-rd of 12
Parco: Top 3
Teemer: Top 3
Cali: Top 3
Arnold/PK: Top 5 or 6
Brands: Top 3
Buch: Top 3
Big Ben: AA
Top 3’s all have pretty damn good shots at finals and even winning it.
To everyone saying no one predicted brands winning.

I mean, technically he has to, boosters are not allowed to bypass NCAA rules, but also to your point the NCAA does not seem to currently care. I sure hope they don't start caring soon and come after us
The last ruling by the courts says that boosters can contact athletes and offer them. Currently it's the wild west

You really think that? You REALLY think I haven't talked to a single guy that isn't currently or hasn't recently been on the team?

Come on man.

Teemer was in the room
Yup. you're correct. Teemer was never in the room. Weird that that one got floated out.

Oh. i know he's an insider.

I'm not saying I am or ever was. I get good information from multiple sources though.

You lied about being a Hawk to make your posts seem more legitimate. The truth is your "sources" aren't even good enough to tell whether Teemer was in the room, but you expect us to believe you have intimate details of an alleged conversation between Beth Goetz and David Taylor, LOL. Come on man.

My last point on all of this. I couldn't care less about your lying (but that is weird, dude. you're a grown-ass man) or your bad sources. What I do care about is that you created a persona here of someone with reliable information, and use that persona to run down our coaches every chance you get. I don't like that because it fuels a false narrative about them, and that hurts the program. The truth is you have no clue about them or what they're doing or not doing to try to get the Hawks back on top.

Now go tell Metcalf, Borshel, et al... I said hi.

There are people on this board with more reliable information than vhs. They choose not to share, because shockingly it’s often not in the best interest of the program.
This place would be better if the supposedly more reliable people would share at least 83% of what they know to be true. I highly doubt it would somehow hurt the program, or if so, we got bigger problems than their sharing. If they don't share, then weak sauce to complain about others speculating or sharing tidbits they've heard, whether reliable or not. JMO.

Reactions: el dub
So does anyone know if you have to be a grad transfer to leave a program at this point? In the off chance Ayala would want to leave, is it even possible?

This place would be better if the supposedly more reliable people would share at least 83% of what they know to be true. I highly doubt it would somehow hurt the program, or if so, we got bigger problems than their sharing. If they don't share, then weak sauce to complain about others speculating or sharing tidbits they've heard, whether reliable or not. JMO.
this board is not sure if they should share or not. they are also selective about what they should share. and then they are also critical of some things that are shared. and critical of the messenger that shares particular things.

in short, they don't know what they want.

The last ruling by the courts says that boosters can contact athletes and offer them. Currently it's the wild west

That plus there is no “get back” by the NCAA once they get approved rules.

no. quite opposite, really. people that might have some insight reluctant to post b/c some on here shoot the messenger.
This is true to a certain extent but I feel that this board is fair and has significantly less gate keepers than some other boards. You can’t let everything go unchecked, some people just crave attention.

You lied about being a Hawk to make your posts seem more legitimate. The truth is your "sources" aren't even good enough to tell whether Teemer was in the room, but you expect us to believe you have intimate details of an alleged conversation between Beth Goetz and David Taylor, LOL. Come on man.

My last point on all of this. I couldn't care less about your lying (but that is weird, dude. you're a grown-ass man) or your bad sources. What I do care about is that you created a persona here of someone with reliable information, and use that persona to run down our coaches every chance you get. I don't like that because it fuels a false narrative about them, and that hurts the program. The truth is you have no clue about them or what they're doing or not doing to try to get the Hawks back on top.

Now go tell Metcalf, Borshel, et al... I said hi.f

Now go tell Metcalf, Borshel, et al... I said hi.
This is the best thing I have read all day.

• Haha
While I hope we just get better at initial recruiting, can't be mad at the coaches, or the wrestlers that MAY leave, when coaches push hard for presumably better transfers. Traditional loyalty only goes so far, especially now in today's NIL world. If you don't like change, you'll like irrelevance even less...... However, I do/will miss the old days of recruiting and team building.

I’m sorry but Glaizer, Cobe, PK, and others have had their chances to place at NCAA’s and solidify the spot. They haven’t, can’t blame Brands for doing his job and trying to get a better team on the mat. I’m not a fan of the new way, I prefer recruiting a kid and having him for 4 years and we have that right now with starters Ayala, Brands, Gabe, Kueter, Angelo, etc. I don’t know why everyone gets on Iowa for doing what PSU did last year bringing in a 33,65,&84.

I’m sorry but Glaizer, Cobe, PK, and others have had their chances to place at NCAA’s and solidify the spot. They haven’t, can’t blame Brands for doing his job and trying to get a better team on the mat. I’m not a fan of the new way, I prefer recruiting a kid and having him for 4 years and we have that right now with starters Ayala, Brands, Gabe, Kueter, Angelo, etc. I don’t know why everyone gets on Iowa for doing what PSU did last year bringing in a 33,65,&84.
This

I generally agree here. But there’s a distinct difference between getting portal guys in April/May and getting them at the end of August. What was the message to the existing wrestlers? If they were mislead or told bold faced lies it’s a much different story, and that’s what people are hinting at.

I generally agree here. But there’s a distinct difference between getting portal guys in April/May and getting them at the end of August. What was the message to the existing wrestlers? If they were mislead or told bold faced lies it’s a much different story, and that’s what people are hinting at.
This is where I’m at, I hope Tom was upfront with his wrestlers about these possible additions.

Or OSU bringing in Hamiti, Hendrickson, Amine and Fish.

Or Michigan for bringing in Griffith, Gomez, DeAugistino, etc….

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT