ADVERTISEMENT

Official Portal Watch

I would agree unless a bridge is burnt these athletes more than likely have full access to their former coaches; however the AD is much much less likely; unless you’re talking about a Spencer Lee, Katelyn Clark type athlete.
Who the f*ck is Katelyn Clark?

Not trying to rag on ya, but she's now arguably the most influential athlete to ever come out of Iowa. We should at least be able to spell Caitlin correctly haha

Who the f*ck is Katelyn Clark?

Not trying to rag on ya, but she's now arguably the most influential athlete to ever come out of Iowa. We should at least be able to spell Caitlin correctly haha
Fair enough. I guess in the two short years I’ve given a shit about any sort of basketball I’ve never cared to look at how to spell her name; just watch her play.

Reactions: BlameIt
The real problem is talent, but I think it is picking and getting the right horse. Go to the horse track and there are 3-4 horses all at less than 4-1 odds. Any could win the race. Cael picks that winner better than TnT do at this time. Knowing who to pick and who not to is just as important. Who has a skill set that truly translates to the college game? If you are grinding them out in high school, good defense, counter wrestler ... just because you won it all in HS .... don't expect that will hold up as well in college. Do you have some length? Can your game still be developed? These are all questions that it feels to me that Cael does better than TnT
I might go with there are five horses with great odds, one guy gets to pick 3-4 or even all 5(Carl) while the other guy(tnt) have 0-1-2 of those horses to pick from.

Reactions: IRONBIRD
I don’t. Trust me.

Btw, I still want you to be appointed as the cesspool’s official spokesperson.
Hmmm, well you did get the "official spokesperson" thing correct!!!

I will tell you one thing. I would go out and get TOP recruits!!!!

Reactions: el dub
Sounds like he has been on the OSU train before Coleman Scott.
Jax Forrest moved to PA in 7th grade from North Carolina. Coleman Scott was UNC's head coach then. Coleman Scott left UNC and now seems to be John Smith's successor at OSU.

This might explain some of the Forrest to OSU connection.
Forrest is also sponsored by a donor that is very connected to the cowboy program, She is heavily involved with wrestling.

actual portal news:

We ain't getting McGonagle. Down to VT and UNC

mcgonagle isn’t a legit point scorer so it didn’t make sense to add him in my opinion. if he scores more than 3 points at ncaas i would be surprised. it’s better to not hitch your wagon and hope a real contender comes on the market later. worst case we roll with schriever who probably scores 1-2. not much difference despite the fact mcgonagle will start the season much higher ranked.

Reactions: TarpHawk and el dub
not saying he isn’t an upgrade because he absolutely is, just saying i don’t see him as a legit point scorer at ncaas. he has got good wins but hasn’t been consistent or a bonus point guy. my crystal ball says he is a low aa/r12 type

Reactions: TarpHawk
Can we create a collective on Hawkeye Report to pool money for incoming recruits? Anyone know how that works? Lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT