ADVERTISEMENT

Official Portal Watch

So we either be content with MAYBE one top 10/year while Penn State lands multiple nearly every year, or we adapt and match that effort. One scenario keeps where we are, the other gives us a chance.

I know what I’d pick.
Here is what Sanderson says about recruiting.

“We probably spend a lot less time recruiting than we should,” Sanderson said. “We rely a lot on kids that want to come here just letting us know that because they’re trying to find the right fit and we’re trying to find the right fit.”

I’d like to know what your magical adaptation plan is.
Sanderson doesn’t recruit. The wrestlers come to him.
It ain't that. Brands/Iowa give guys more "off mat" time than Cael and Co. It really does come down to intensity and length of practice.
So you still believe practice is 2 hours long, or longer and Brands runs his guys into the ground?

Reactions: el dub

“We probably spend a lot less time recruiting than we should,” Sanderson said. “We rely a lot on kids that want to come here just letting us know that because they’re trying to find the right fit and we’re trying to find the right fit.”

So you still believe practice is 2 hours long, or longer and Brands runs his guys into the ground?

1. You can quote that article all you want. But Carl, specifically, goes after the guys he wants.

2. Regarding practices/brands running guys into the ground - yep. He still does. Not as bad as it used to be, but TNT still have a hardcore belief in how you train/compete in the room.

Well for starters, Brands might have to get off his ass and put a little effort into recruiting. His model of recruiting has lead us to the point of where we are.

1. You can quote that article all you want. But Carl, specifically, goes after the guys he wants.

2. Regarding practices/brands running guys into the ground - yep. He still does. Not as bad as it used to be, but TNT still have a hardcore belief in how you train/compete in the room.
You talk in absolutes like you know exactly how Tom and Cael operate. Must be nice to know everything.

You talk in absolutes like you know exactly how Tom and Cael operate. Must be nice to know everything.

I talk like I know and seent a few things.

So who wrestles 197 for the Cy-Hawk dual? Seems like we kind of screwed ourselves in that regard if Glazier is out now.
Do we know that Glazier is leaving? I assume he is still under some scholarship $$ so why wouldn't he take advantage of it. Has anyone heard that he is in the portal or has withdrawn from school?

Reactions: praguehawk
You are correct, as they come to him, or he makes one call and visits. The one call they’ve been waiting for. Probably the biggest difference between Tom and Carl, is that Tom shows his emotions and Carl doesn’t.
I do agree with your take on building the HWC to make it stronger.
You go ahead and believe what you will. There are posters on here who are in the room daily, or have relatives on the team, who have posted and refuted your opinion on how the Hawks train. Perhaps your opinion comes from guys who don’t want to put in the effort on a daily basis to achieve at the highest level? You are not going to believe the opinions different than yours because it’s coming from fans like me, who you believe are boot lickers.

Last edited:
You are correct, as they come to him, or he makes one call and visits. The one call they’ve been waiting for. Probably the biggest difference between Tom and Carl, is that Tom shows his emotions and Carl doesn’t.
I do agree with your take on building the HWC to make it stronger.

You go ahead and believe what you will. There are posters on here who are in the room daily, or have relatives on the team, who have posted and refuted your opinion on how the Hawks train. Perhaps your opinion comes from guys who don’t want to put in the effort on a daily basis to achieve at the highest level? You are not going to believe the opinions different than yours because it’s coming from fans like me, who you believe are boot lickers.

Definitely not hearing it from "guys who don't want to put in the effort on a daily basis"

But I've heard both sides, guys who don't think its too much, and are absolutely loyal to TNT and from guys less attached who can kinda see it different once they're away.

Even when I hear it from the guys loyal to TNT - compared to what other teams are doing - Yeah man, it's too much. Certainly my opinion, but the results also seem to bear that out at the end of the year and the amount of injuries we have versus other teams and seeming burnout as seniors.

Drake
Cannon
??
Parco
Teemer
Cali
Gabe
Brands
Buchanan
BK

Or are Drake and cannon bumping up a weight and the weak link gonna be 125?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT