ADVERTISEMENT

Official Portal Watch

this is a big one, he’s the askren kid who beat assad a couple years ago while whiting was still in high school. he probably isn’t a fit as a hawkeye with ferrari coming at 184 though

this is a big one, he’s the askren kid who beat assad a couple years ago while whiting was still in high school. he probably isn’t a fit as a hawkeye with ferrari coming at 184 though
I guess he didn't think he could get by Colton Hawks, who finished R12 this year and is a senior next year.

I guess he didn't think he could get by Colton Hawks, who finished R12 this year and is a senior next year.
Hawks got the nod over Whiting and Askren wasn’t pleased about it on FRL. Maybe a wrestle off decided it. Askren didn’t really address it but based on his reaction there seemed to be more to the story.

Reactions: eb05
Hawks got the nod over Whiting and Askren wasn’t pleased about it on FRL. Maybe a wrestle off decided it. Askren didn’t really address it but based on his reaction there seemed to be more to the story.
Hawks has beaten Whiting at the Tiger Style tournament both of the last two years (this year in SV).

Askren has been sending his top kids to uni, mizz, PSU. My guess is this kid goes to uni
If he wants to sit for a year. Only way we take him is for future 197 if AJ never materializes. Even then he would probably sit for a year behind Zach.

Still pinning hopes on AJ?
No, I sad IF he ever materializes. The fact we don’t seem to be in on any quality 197’s in high school or portal, and being Zach’s last year, makes me think Tom thinks there is still a possibility . Even I am skeptical now, but AJ is very unpredictable. I hope he watched that UFC card thus weekend and seen the light heavyweight champ. He would knock AJ out in 20 seconds. He needs to get realistic about his current MMA skills and come back to wrestling.

Reactions: MitchLL and el dub
Still pinning hopes on AJ?
Unfortunately the plan is for them to still be around. Oldest two still have an apartment across the road from Carver and I’m pretty sure I saw Anthony outside Carver the other day working out. At this point it seems the only way some people will kick them to the curb is if they murder someone and even then I’m not sure there still wouldn’t be people saying to give them another chance.

Unfortunately the plan is for them to still be around. Oldest two still have an apartment across the road from Carver and I’m pretty sure I saw Anthony outside Carver the other day working out. At this point it seems the only way some people will kick them to the curb is if they murder someone and even then I’m not sure there still wouldn’t be people saying to give them another chance.
Since none of them have been on the team, they haven’t had their first chance with us yet.

Reactions: HawkeyePA
Since none of them have been on the team, they haven’t had their first chance with us yet.
I’m pretty sure the SS debacle counted as a chance.

And they’re getting passes on any criminal charges caught BEFORE they get on campus? What about hypothetical assault/battery/theft charges filed before getting on campus but not adjudicated until after acceptance?

That clown car has cost us recruits, I’m guessing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT