ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Ryder Cup Thread*****

It’s amazing. Two last critical matches and NBC didn’t show a single shot from the JT match for 80 minutes.

We did see almost every shot from matches where the US is 5 and 4 up.

Plus Azinger.

It truly is. Very irritating to watch no shots being played when you know there are shots from all four matches taking place. I don’t need to see guys look at their shots, back off, grab another club, then reassess their shot. If you are going to interview players, do it with a split screen while play is going on.

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
This just in, Jordan Speith sucks. It’s absolutely embarrassing. Two on one with his play. Feel for Justin Thomas.

Last edited:
Reactions: Greenway4Prez
turn-off-shut-off.gif

What is Johnson doing? His pairings have been bad and that coaching was worse. What are Stricker and Love doing?
That damn Zach has missed sooo many short putts too! And his driving has been terrible!
Let’s ALL dog-pile on Zach! (And I am sure Biden and the Democrats are responsible to some extent, too.)

Have you noticed at all that the Euros are playing lights out...and they are playing in front of the home crowd?
The Americans got hit fast and hard right out of the gate yesterday...and the Euros are not letting up.
Zach will take a lion’s share of the blame because....we Americans do business that way. Zach and Cantlay are going to bare the brunt of much “internet noise” as Americans practice the First Amendment Rights.

I think the USA’s biggest mistake was too much player “time off” between the Tour and the Ryder Cup.
If they played next week, it could be a complete reversal. But, who knows. But, it will probably be a short day tomorrow.

Reactions: Kelsers
That damn Zach has missed sooo many short putts too! And his driving has been terrible!
Let’s ALL dog-pile on Zach! (And I am sure Biden and the Democrats are responsible to some extent, too.)

Have you noticed at all that the Euros are playing lights out...and they are playing in front of the home crowd?
The Americans got hit fast and hard right out of the gate yesterday...and the Euros are not letting up.
Zach will take a lion’s share of the blame because....we Americans do business that way. Zach and Cantlay are going to bare the brunt of much “internet noise” as Americans practice the First Amendment Rights.

I think the USA’s biggest mistake was too much player “time off” between the Tour and the Ryder Cup.
If they played next week, it could be a complete reversal. But, who knows. But, it will probably be a short day tomorrow.
Why do you have to make everything political? Go clean your above ground pool.

• Haha

Yes Joel. I’ve noticed how the US team is playing. Spieth and Thomas are in the bottom 4 in shots gained of the 24 players, yet they keep getting sent out as if their game will magically improve this time. That’s on the Captain.

Play your best players … who are playing the best right now.

Golf is too hard and too swingy to ask even the world’s best players to “find their game” on the course, much less than in Europe in the middle of a Ryder Cup.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
It ain’t political...it’s how folks think and talk! “Above ground pool”? How phuquin’ ignorant are you? “Above ground pool” is awfully middle class, ain’t it?
Wrong with regards to the politics as you always do and so you do have an above ground pool.

• Haha
Yes Joel. I’ve noticed how the US team is playing. Spieth and Thomas are in the bottom 4 in shots gained of the 24 players, yet they keep getting sent out as if their game will magically improve this time. That’s on the Captain.

Play your best players … who are playing the best right now.

Golf is too hard and too swingy to ask even the world’s best players to “find their game” on the course, much less than in Europe in the middle of a Ryder Cup.
It’s not like Speith and Thomas don’t have a successful history, St Louis. Speith has played poorly this week so far, as has Scheffler, if you wanna blame Zach (for going with experience and successes) blame away....you are going be in a long, long line. Zach is going to take a lot of heat for this week (barring a miracle). Heat he really doesn’t deserve. But, if you’re going to cast dispersions on ZJ for playing Speith, better remember that Zach picked Thomas...when no one else thought Thomas should be on the team.

It’s not like Speith and Thomas don’t have a successful history, St Louis. Speith has played poorly this week so far, as has Scheffler, if you wanna blame Zach (for going with experience and successes) blame away....you are going be in a long, long line. Zach is going to take a lot of heat for this week (barring a miracle). Heat he really doesn’t deserve. But, if you’re going to cast dispersions on ZJ for playing Speith, better remember that Zach picked Thomas...when no one else thought Thomas should be on the team.

You said it - history. As in the past.

You keep sending out 2 of the bottom 4 players this week, and pairing them, hoping things will change - you deserve all the heat that comes with that decision. Sorry.

You said it - history. As in the past.

You keep sending out 2 of the bottom 4 players this week, and pairing them, hoping things will change - you deserve all the heat that comes with that decision. Sorry.
And why do baseball managers keep putting guys in slumps on the field? Probably because, in the managers eyes, they are the team’s best bet. It’s the nature of the beast. Unless Zach has a lot of money on the Euros this week.

And why do baseball managers keep putting guys in slumps on the field? Probably because, in the managers eyes, they are the team’s best bet. It’s the nature of the beast. Unless Zach has a lot of money on the Euros this week.

162 baseball games vs. 4 matches in 2 days.

You don’t have time for the percentages to play out at the Ryder Cup.

So you play your gu

So you go with your instincts and play who you trust. Zach has known these guys for many years. All of the guys on the team. I think it’s silly to rationalize outstanding play by your opponents by trashing your team’s performance....or lack of performance. Would someone else have done something different? Perhaps. But, would a different US lineup have altered the Euro’s sterling golf performance of the last couple of days? Doubtful. Is there a guarantee that other golfers would have played better today than Speith and Thomas? I really saw no indication based on the first 3 rounds of play.

So you play your gu

So you go with your instincts and play who you trust. Zach has known these guys for many years. All of the guys on the team. I think it’s silly to rationalize outstanding play by your opponents by trashing your team’s performance....or lack of performance. Would someone else have done something different? Perhaps. But, would a different US lineup have altered the Euro’s sterling golf performance of the last couple of days? Doubtful. Is there a guarantee that other golfers would have played better today than Speith and Thomas? I really saw no indication based on the first 3 rounds of play.

I was wrong. Thomas and Spieth are ranked 23rd and 24th. The bottom two.

So yes, I guarantee that any other US players would have played better than Spieth and Thomas.

Keep playing the hunch because that always works.

Was just going to post this. Evidently he was after Cantlay caddie about something on the 18th green. Anyone know what happened?

Don’t know. But at least we have some life now. It’s like when Poulter turned the last match in 2012.

Was just going to post this. Evidently he was after Cantlay caddie about something on the 18th green. Anyone know what happened?
I believe it had to do with a post putt celebration and the caddy got in a player’s way, or something...but I don’t understand why Rory was so involved with Bones...who is really universally regarded as one of pro golf’s “good guys”...
Boys and testosterone is my guess...

I believe it had to do with a post putt celebration and the caddy got in a player’s way, or something...but I don’t understand why Rory was so involved with Bones...who is really universally regarded as one of pro golf’s “good guys”...
Boys and testosterone is my guess...
Don't think it has anything to do with Bones, he just happened to be between Rory and the caddie

I think the Euro team was just unhappy about the level of celebrating from the US when Cantlay made his putt, since the Euros both had make able putts that would've halved the hole and the match.

All day the Euro fans having been waving their hats at Cantlay about not wearing a hat like the US team. It was reported on social media that he was doing it because he’s not getting paid. Not sure if true or not but Joe Lacava, Cantlay’s caddie joined the rest of team USA by waving his hat in response to the fans doing it after Cantlay’s drained a 43 footer for birdie to basically slam the door on splitting the point with a much needed team win.

Apparently, Joe was in Rory’s way or partially in his way for his potential birdie putt to try and tie it. Rory told him he was in his way but didn’t seem to upset about it, then Shane Lowry started barking at Lacava for being in his way and waving his hat. Lacava waved them off and basically said whatever.

From there, the Euro’s feelings got hurt when PCant took their lunch money and Rory lost his match by being up 1 with three to play. PCant birdied 16, 17, and 18 to win the match. Rory only has one person he should be upset with and that is himself for losing the match.

Reactions: lonestar50
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT