ADVERTISEMENT

***Official TCU at Iowa, The Game is SOLD OUT Thread***

Bohannon keeps trying to advance the ball to a streaking big off of a TCU miss and it ends in a turnover every time. He needs to learn to not do it cuz it's such a tough catch for the big. Aka the one to Wagner ending in a travel. Just play it safe and start the possession

Said it a few games ago, but I'd love to know that stat of that play. I'd guess we hit 1/10 on those. It's very careless & when it does hi the one time it gives him the idea it always works. I have not seen many teams routinely try this.

The positives are that it's unlikely TCU can hit 50%+ from the field and 46%+ from the 3. 12 turnovers and IA is right in this game. They will shore that up surely.

The down side is there is no way IA shoots nearly 60% from the field and 50% from the 3.

Need to get some stops - perimeter defense around the 3 line and especially stopping the drive / help defense - TCU's PG is blowing by JoBo about every fourth possession it seems.

Reactions: td77
Down 4, just clean up the turnovers and we will win. JoBo is forcing to many up court passes but him and jok shooting lights out! Cook, Baer playing well.

Nobody else doing much. We need cook in there playing more and I'm sure Baer will play atleast 15 mins the second half.

OT also what's the point at halftime watching women's highlights....just give UConn the crown. It's the same every year except when
Baylor had that tall chick, only time they have had competition. Why doesn't UConn's coach who I can't spell his name, coach men?

Bohannon keeps trying to advance the ball to a streaking big off of a TCU miss and it ends in a turnover every time. He needs to learn to not do it cuz it's such a tough catch for the big. Aka the one to Wagner ending in a travel. Just play it safe and start the possession
I think the whole team is playing too fast. They are not used to a rowdy crowd and the adrenaline is pumping. Now that they got a good sweat hopefully the second half they will play at their speed.

No defense and turnovers! It appears when Hawks try to play fast they do not play defense. I would put Baer on the bearded dick and go box and 1, at least try it.

So, I missed most of the first half, used this thread to catch up. The summary...

Only positive defensive mention was Jok...which is BAD.
JBo had 11 and 5 for the first half, but evidently wasn't his normal efficient self.
Jok's shooting apparently has returned.
Not only didn't Iowa rebound or guard, but didn't hold onto the ball either.

And yet, only down 4. That about right?

You boys ready to get a 4 point lead & then the insertion of ellingson/Uhl? Can't wait!

I like going down low, but if our strategy is to get Wags to the line, it might not bear much fruit...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT