ADVERTISEMENT

*****OFFICIAL TRUMP CRIMINAL TRIAL THREAD*****

Some form of modified house arrest is supposedly what the Secret Service will ask for if it comes to it, but how is that punishment? He's have to have all access to phones taken away. A daily trip to Rikers would be a nightmare for staff, and punishing the security detail, too.

He's not going to Riker's; he'd be held in the NY Court jail for the remainder of trial, to make transport easy.

Seriously, there’s so much out there with this guy.
GL8zUCtXUAARaSc

Pecker is absolutely wrecking Trump's chances of not being convicted. He is smocking gunning his butt all over the place.

Reactions: EasyHawk
Pecker is absolutely wrecking Trump's chances of not being convicted. He is smocking gunning his butt all over the place.
Again I ask so what if he’s convicted. Seems to mean nothing. Trump can run with an ankle monitor or House arrest in Mar A Lago or the White House.

Reactions: Funky Bunch
Again I ask so what if he’s convicted. Seems to mean nothing. Trump can run with an ankle monitor or House arrest in Mar A Lago or the White House.
I'm guessing a conviction goes back to SCOTUS. It probably won't lead to any real time before the election but at least we can call him Convicted Felon Donald Trump.

I see your point, but damn, if he gets convicted on what most are considering to be the weakest case, surely the remaining cases will be even more difficult for him. I'm sure they'll be dragged out and may not happen before the election, but if a majority of the country votes for a convicted felon, perhaps it's time to just scrap this 250 year old social experiment?

I see your point, but damn, if he gets convicted on what most are considering to be the weakest case, surely the remaining cases will be even more difficult for him. I'm sure they'll be dragged out and may not happen before the election, but if a majority of the country votes for a convicted felon, perhaps it's time to just scrap this 250 year old social experiment?
Polls also suggest actual convictions - regardless of jail time - put a major dent in his polling averages.

If this is what tribalism has come to so be it. I’ll just continue to bitch about it. But that’s a given no matter who wins.

Reactions: mattymoknows
Polls also suggest actual convictions - regardless of jail time - put a major dent in his polling averages.
Depends on how he spins it. Carrol conviction did nothing. This case is still complicated enough to spin some things.

Your premise doesn’t work though. People will think this is all a sham if he is proven guilty in a court of law. It will become Biden’s influence on it.

• Sad
Reactions: mattymoknows
I don't necessarily believe those particular polls. His followers have shown time and again that they don't care how ethically or morally flawed he is. Nor do they believe he's ever done anything wrong regardless of evidence to the contrary. Cognitive disonance has become a trademark of his support. Many of them are simply unwilling to admit this to pollsters.

Your premise doesn’t work though. People will think this is all a sham if he is proven guilty in a court of law. It will become Biden’s influence on it.
Huh? Your 2nd sentence only holds true for the 33% (maga), and I have no idea what your 3rd sentence is supposed to mean.

Reactions: torbee and ping72
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT