ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio votes to make abortion rights protected in their constitution

We're not going to agree.

Cause nobody agrees with you except the kooky MF'ers nobody wants a part of the conversation. Get used to it when you're a fringe player on a topic. You are certainly the loudest, but get taken seriously the least.

Have a good evening, or whatever other passive aggressive bullshit you're into

Cause nobody agrees with you except the kooky MF'ers nobody wants a part of the conversation. Get used to it when you're a fringe player on a topic. You are certainly the loudest, but get taken seriously the least.

Have a good evening, or whatever other passive aggressive bullshit you're into

It's not a fringe position.

Maybe 40% of America is pro-life.

• Haha
Reactions: SocraticIshmael
if females don't want to go through an abortion, they have options that prevent the necessity in most cases. But I see you missed the part where I said women who need an abortion should receive counseling, and have someone make sure they know what benefits packages are out there, and how to take advantage of them before making a final decision on abortion.
Still so interesting that you put it ALL ON THE WOMAN.
It takes two…

It's not a fringe position.

Maybe 40% of America is pro-life.
Maybe?
Plus, you can be pro- life and NOT anti-choice.
I’m not a fan of pregnancy termination as an everyday means of birth control. I think RvW played a part in some young women viewing it as a convenience.
Men and women of younger generations must both begin to understand something that has not been stressed for years - they are jointly responsible for preventing pregnancy.

Still so interesting that you put it ALL ON THE WOMAN.
It takes two…
I said most cases... in most cases the woman makes a decision to have unprotected sex, allow herself to be penetrated by a man, and allow that man to inject his semen inside her. I see at least 3 choices there that lead directly to an abortion.

Much like drinking and driving, or gambling more than you can afford to lose, it's almost always a series of bad choices that lead to the end result. Of course the man in this equation has responsibility, they pay for 18+ years.

I said most cases... in most cases the woman makes a decision to have unprotected sex, allow herself to be penetrated by a man, and allow that man to inject his semen inside her. I see at least 3 choices there that lead directly to an abortion.

Much like drinking and driving, or gambling more than you can afford to lose, it's almost always a series of bad choices that lead to the end result. Of course the man in this equation has responsibility, they pay for 18+ years.
This is extremely ignorant.

Are you saying you’re good with 27 weeks rather than 15?

I’m just trying to pinpoint why Democrats won’t agree to 15 weeks. What number is ok? I wish the majority of Republicans would be more vocal about their support of 15 weeks. I also wish the Democrats would message their stance better, because right now, up to 40 weeks isn’t going to get a lot of support.

A medical decision belongs to the woman. What does a week have to do with anything?

Abortion is 100% killing an unborn life.

That's not even debatable. Have a nice day.

So now you’re saying the woman has to step up because she knows the man is an idiot and he damn sure isn’t thinking about birth control.
She makes the “decision” because the idiot with a hard on can’t decide anything but gettin him some….
And the man “pays for 18 years”?
I hope You don’t have kids.

Holy fuking Christ…

Reactions: goldmom
If you say so.

Atheism is self-worship. It doesn't get more narcissistic than that.
Atheism is not self-worship. Holy shit, Brian.

One might think a better Christian might say something like, "I was once an atheist. It didn't work for me. If it works for you, that's great!"

You know, some kind of no-judgment, no-proselytization thing like that.

Back to the self-worship nonsense. Brian, arguably Christianity is pretty damn self-worshippy.

Let's see, for the Christian…
  • There's this whole self-preservation bent.
  • The god is in their image.
  • The religion has been twisted to defend, support, encourage personal wealth accumulation.
  • Being taught that there is a god who listens to your prayers? Think about that. Exclusive, albeit however temporary, one-to-one audience with your god. Sheeeeesh!!!
  • Christianity emphasizes that salvation ONLY comes from believing in Jesus, and calls it the Gospel.
    Good news to Christians because they believe it, bad news for other people. This is why we have a Christian Nationalism problem — it is baked into the religion to perceive it superior, thus baking it into its followers that they are superior — Brian, your own reaction to another poster's atheism is a perfect example of this.

I'll stop there.

A medical decision belongs to the woman. What does a week have to do with anything?
I’m not arguing that. I believe that too. But over half of the population doesn’t feel that late term abortions are ok. As long as Democrats fight for abortions up to term and Republicans fight for anything from 0 to 6 weeks, there is going to an issue. Is there a compromise that is acceptable that a majority of the population can accept. I think there is and it’s 15 weeks. That’s all I’m arguing here. I want to know why Dems won’t accept what a majority of Americans are willing to accept.

. I want to know why Dems won’t accept what a majority of Americans are willing to accept.

You may have posted something earlier that shows it, but i will ask instead of going back through 8 pages of posts:

Link to poll showing that 15 weeks is what the majority of americans are willing to accept?

The vast majority of abortions don't happen because of health complications.

It's for convenience.

Why? Because conservatives won't allow actual sex education, birth control, etc.

One might think a better Christian might say something like, "I was once an atheist. It didn't work for me. If it works for you, that's great!"

Back to the self-worship nonsense. Brian, arguably Christianity is pretty damn self-worshippy.

• The religion has been twisted to defend, support, encourage personal wealth accumulation.
  • Being taught that there is a god who listens to your prayers? Think about that. Exclusive, albeit however temporary, one-to-one audience with your god. Sheeeeesh!!!
  • Christianity emphasizes that salvation ONLY comes from believing in Jesus, and calls it the Gospel.
    Good news to Christians because they believe it, bad news for other people. This is why we have a Christian Nationalism problem — it is baked into the religion to perceive it superior, thus baking it into its followers that they are superior — Brian, your own reaction to another poster's atheism is a perfect example of this.

I'll stop there.

We all believe in something. For some it's Karma, others it's organized religion, Yin/Yang, Fungschway, Science, Government, we all have some form of religion.

Matthew 10:34-36 "Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth..." “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Jesus himself wasn't a teddy bear. The modern day liberal Jesus is often thought of as this kind, loving, all forgiving, teddy bear, when in fact he was not. Jesus said that everyone who has died will be raised from the dead and be judged (John 5:26-29). So, all of us will stand before the “Christ as Judge.”

So if majority of americans favor 1st trimester abortions and most americans did not favor overturning Roe, why wouldn’t the compromise be splitting the difference between first trimester and Roe?

but i still say this decision should be between the dr and the mother/family and not the government
Fine. Dems should propose a 20 week abortion law and see where that goes. It doesn’t change the fact that 69% are ok with first trimester. Right now, it seems that 15 weeks is the compromise being thrown around.

You will not get an argument out of me that this decision should be between the mother and the doctor, not the gov.

Reactions: fsu1jreed

I'll stop there.

We all believe in something. For some it's Karma, others it's organized religion, Yin/Yang, Fungschway, Science, Government, we all have some form of religion.

Matthew 10:34-36 "Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth..." “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Jesus himself wasn't a teddy bear. The modern day liberal Jesus is often thought of as this kind, loving, all forgiving, teddy bear, when in fact he was not. Jesus said that everyone who has died will be raised from the dead and be judged (John 5:26-29). So, all of us will stand before the “Christ as Judge.”
What, exactly, do you think you're doing, here? Lol.

Reactions: BrianNole777
I’m not arguing that. I believe that too. But over half of the population doesn’t feel that late term abortions are ok. As long as Democrats fight for abortions up to term and Republicans fight for anything from 0 to 6 weeks, there is going to an issue. Is there a compromise that is acceptable that a majority of the population can accept. I think there is and it’s 15 weeks. That’s all I’m arguing here. I want to know why Dems won’t accept what a majority of Americans are willing to accept.

Late term abortions? Up to term? That's right-wing bullshit talking points, and your "acceptance stats may be correctly wrong". Poll questions are posed in manners to solicit tendencies. The "weeks" argument is a designed compromise. An inferred and/or to gather a yes or no.

Regardless, we're talking medical procedures involving a woman with rights over her body. You're talking governmental control imposing a controversial issue over a population.

Last edited:
Fine. Dems should propose a 20 week abortion law and see where that goes. It doesn’t change the fact that 69% are ok with first trimester. Right now, it seems that 15 weeks is the compromise being thrown around.

You will not get an argument out of me that this decision should be between the mother and the doctor, not the gov.

As i have said, Dems dont give a damn about abortion. If they did, they wouldve codified Roe when they had control of congress. Now they can use it the political football like repubs did for all these years.

Almost 9 in 10 Republicans and three-quarters of independents want to see abortion restricted to three months or less. A majority of Democrats favor a longer window, but even 42% of Democrats want to see it limited.

So i am curious why you assert that the compromise from the dems should be going to what a majority of republicans support? I get it that 9 in 10 include the 0-6 week folk, but 15 weeks is a republican position.

Also i see you did not respond to my inquiry re: your claim that democrats support 40 week abortions

Reactions: RileyHawk
Earlier you indicated 72% favor abortions up to 15 weeks. I would be curious as to how many women support abortions up to 20 weeks.
Idk. Ask women.

I don’t know how many times I have to say this in this thread. I’m for the decision of abortion to be between the woman and her doctor. I’m 100 percent pro choice.

What I’m sayin is, over half of the country does not feel this way. Is there a compromise that a majority of Americans can live with. Apparently not.

Idk. Ask women.

I don’t know how many times I have to say this in this thread. I’m for the decision of abortion to be between the woman and her doctor. I’m 100 percent pro choice.

What I’m sayin is, over half of the country does not feel this way. Is there a compromise that a majority of Americans can live with. Apparently not.

It's like you didn't even read my post.

It was Roe. Late term abortions are not a worthy debate topic as virtually no one is clamoring for that unless medically necessary.

It's like you didn't even read my post.

I do lol at the language used by the pro-abortion folks when I watch MSNBC and CNN.

They call killing a fetus: "Health care" or "Reproductive rights."

This world is just nuts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT