ADVERTISEMENT

Ok What was Kriner doing dunking at end of game.

He got a pretty good elbow by a uconn player as he passed by which was kinda a cheap shot. Granted kriner probably shouldn't have dunked at that stage of the game

Reactions: HAWKS4LIFE
Absolutely not a problem ... you play with swagger and intensity and you play out the whole 40 minutes. I have no problem with his dunk.

The only problem was that flagrant elbow thrown by the UConn player .

That needs to be reviewed by the commissioners office and that player needs to be suspended .

Some of you guys myself included have been on these guys for years about playing with intensity and toughness and when someone finally does then you get all riled up about it.

Last edited:
when you are up by 28 in football and you throw a touchdown pass with 5 minutes left in the game, people have the same conversation. I say, "if you don't like it, stop it."
I'm not a Steve Spurrier fan, but I am a fan of his, "It's not my job to stop us from scoring" mentality. Choke on deez nutz, Huskies. May Hurley and those jackass fans still be gagging on Hawk pubes on Thursday as they sit down to their turkey.

Fran said Kriener felt bad about it afterwards and asked him to apologize for him in his press conf. I don't think it is a big deal.

I hope this isn't true.. no apology necessary ... you play until the final horn and you play with swagger ...you want intensity or you want your big men to play soft ...if Fran asked him to apologize that would be the only mistake Fran had made the whole week .

Just so everyone knows the shot clock was still on, we inbounded the ball with 30.x to go. If it's Alabama State, ok, don't do that...but these guys were UConn and they played hard and pressed until the end of the game.
Agreed. Kriener should've run over to those Bridgeport shitheads, thrown his right leg up over their shoulders, and slapped his bag on their eye sockets.

Very impressed with Ryan’s interview after the Oregon game.

I’m not surprised he is classy enough to see fault in his own actions. It wasn’t a big deal, but no harm in apologizing when you have made a mistake.
The mistake was not reverse dunking and then dropping trou for an MSG pressed ham for the front row bridge and tunnel trash.

Just so everyone knows the shot clock was still on, we inbounded the ball with 30.x to go. If it's Alabama State, ok, don't do that...but these guys were UConn and they played hard and pressed until the end of the game.
Not the very end, when it looked like we were going to just run the time out. No one was even attempting to defend the basket.

Reactions: Joes Place
I get what some of you are posting, but there is room for class and a winner’s mentality to coexist.

I was embarrassed for UCONN watching their coach chest bump and slap heads last night while the opposing coach was waiting for a handshake.

The reality is Fran knows this too: Despite his ethos as a hot head, he is, in reality, calmer than most of the coaches he goes against. His typical coach’s stance is simply to have his arms crossed and remain fairly quiet. In the last 3 or 4 years, he rarely has received technicals.

There was no mistake ... geez no wonder we haven't been to the final four since 1980 ...

Not having more players like Marble and Armstrong and Lester are the reasons Iowa has not been to the Final 4 since 1980.

This is common basketball etiquette, and question your credibility if you are not familiar with it.

Ryan sees it, Fran sees it.

Reactions: Wadukester
I hope this isn't true.. no apology necessary ... you play until the final horn and you play with swagger ...you want intensity or you want your big men to play soft ...if Fran asked him to apologize that would be the only mistake Fran had made the whole week .
There’s a difference between playing with intensity and being a classless douche. Kriener seems like an OK kid, but that was a mistake that might make people who don’t know him think he is the latter.

Remember when Fran didn’t let the team shake hands after the North Dakota game a couple of years ago? There are unwritten rules when it comes to sportsmship.

Reactions: longliveCS40
It was not a classy move. Added just a little bit of a sour taste to an otherwise great game.
You get your butt kicked by 20 and one more badly timed dunk really doesn't matter. We probably won't play UConn the next 4 years and Kriner will be gone. Not a biggie in my book. But I did notice Fran wasn't very happy with it and I'm sure it won't happen again:(

Reactions: Bravehawk56
Hurley himself said postgame it was all good. That is the correct response from the opposition: You got your butt kicked; you should have done something to prevent it.

The winning team, though, has a slightly different protocol.

Whitely Herzog was once asked why his team was stealing bases late in a game with his team in the lead. His reply was something along the lines of, "Because they were still trying to hit HRs". I understand that the dunk occurred on the last play of the game but if UConn even remotely defends the basket it doesn't happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: HotelAlphaWilcoKilo
Whitely Herzog was once asked why his team was stealing bases late in a game with his team in the lead. His replay was something along the lines of, "Because they were still trying to hit HRs". I understand that the dunk occurred on the last play of the game but if UConn even remotely defends the basket it doesn't happen.
You're goddamned right. Beaker Hurley was calling timeouts and attempting to coach every time his team cut it to under 20.

BOOTS ON THROATS. Put that on the backs of the jerseys.

I didn’t have a problem with the dunk but sure... probably could have just let the clock run out. On a different note: I didn’t realize Hurley would be one a coach I easily can despise now. I’m surprised ESPN’s love affair with UConn didn’t involve sending a camera to the locker room after he was booted. I would guess Hurley appeared on camera 10x for every once accidental shot of Fran. And this while Iowa was the team kicking the shit out of UConn.

Got no problem with Ryan's dunk. And it was enhanced even more due to the fact it was in front of those douchebags from UConn sitting under that basket.
tenor.gif

I'm surprised kriner didn't ko the punk that give him the elbow after the dunk. Kriner doesn't take shit off anybody, he showed nice restraint

I thought the funniest part of all that was Tyler Cooks reaction. He was like what did he just do.

To be honest I found the dunk uncalled for but funny at the same time. How Ryan apologized via Fran I found to make the uncalled part of it better.

Last edited:
Reactions: IAGuy and millah_22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT