ADVERTISEMENT

Stop doing senior day before the game!!

LetsGoHawks83

HR Legend
Mar 20, 2015
Guarantee that has an impact on the start of the game.

EVERY other game of your career you are focused and dialed in on the task at hand.

Today, NCAA tournament on the line....Nope let's parade around and pat each other on the back before the game.

EVERY other game of your career you are focused and dialed in on the task at hand.

Today, NCAA tournament on the line....Nope let's parade around and pat each other on the back before the game.
What seniors were honored before the game? Just Patrick? or did Tony also indicate this is his last year too?

Tough call. Do you do it before game when the fans are there, or risk a half empty arena with fans filling out during the ceremony?

With the men's team history, most of the crowd will be gone by the end of the game after they blow a big chance to improve their NCAA chances.

Hawkeye women had the guts to do senior night after the game against the #2 team in the country.

Appreciate Tony's efforts at Iowa and he's been a great Hawk. Can't tell me that Senior day festivities didn't distract him. Unless I'm mistaken and he didn't do senior day stuff.

Maybe it doesn't make a difference in the slow start and fat L tonight.

But I guarantee it has more of a negative impact than positive.

I understand your point, but man, at some point a player just needs to play through the distraction. You have to want it and go out and earn the win. The opposition isn't going to lay down and gift wrap it for you just because its the other team's last home game.

Biggest game of the season, possible NCAA bid on the line, taking on a rival. You have to show up, no matter what.

Isn't that what being an athlete is all about? Proving yourself and your mettle in all situations??

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
What seniors were honored before the game? Just Patrick? or did Tony also indicate this is his last year too?
Tony did too but that doesn't mean anything. Almost all in that situation participate in Senior Day. He may be back after all.

If they would have done it after all you would have seen was orange shirts! You would have also heard some Illinois chant they do because with almost a minute to go most Hawk fans were either climbing stairs or out the door!

I would agree with this as I think it is a detriment to players focus on the game.

Hawkeye women had the guts to do senior night after the game against the #2 team in the country.

Appreciate Tony's efforts at Iowa and he's been a great Hawk. Can't tell me that Senior day festivities didn't distract him. Unless I'm mistaken and he didn't do senior day stuff.

Maybe it doesn't make a difference in the slow start and fat L tonight.

But I guarantee it has more of a negative impact than positive.

Bluder has done it after the game her entire career, it's just a personal preference

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT