ADVERTISEMENT

Okie st. grades

I actually thought his assistant coach was far more unhinged than John.
That's a great point. I actually met him in the hotel elevator (wife and I arrived at the Iowa City Courtyard by Marriott the same time as Okie State, while at the same time there was a pharmacists' graduating class over the hump formal event about to start...it was a complete cluster fu**). Okie State was simply trying to get checked in, about 75 people in formal evening wear were entering the lobby on their way to the 6th floor, and those of us normal folks just checking in for the night seriously walked into a WTF situation. There were like 100 of us weighting to get on two elevators. LOL! Anyhow met Jack Esposito on the elevator Sunday morning...super nice guy but clearly ultra competitive (aren't we all), but to your point he was really fired up during the meet. Neither he nor John Smith appeared to be happy with the dual...and again, it wasn't just the calls, it was their unhappiness with some of their own guys.

Reactions: ChiPackHawk
Whatever is affecting Warner isn’t affecting his top wrestling. That will win him more matches than it loses him.

The B1G mics were hot. You could really hear John giving it to both Young and the ref during Woods match. My favorite was late in the first period when the osu corner called for stalling on top for covering the hips, and then 2 seconds later Real rolls through on a tilt. I actually felt bad for CY at points. Clearly outmatched, and at one point John yells “What in the f—- is that?” as CY took a bad shot. I understand criticism is important part of growth, but late in a match that you’re being dominated in seems like a terrible time to critique.

Does anyone think Fix is making the finals again? I don’t think he looks the same, post vitamin shake. He’s not on RBY’s level anymore, at least in folk style. I can see someone like Vito A knocking him off in the semis this year.
Anyone needing tea leaves read just shoot me a DM…

Reactions: evashevsky58
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT