ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma bill would fire teachers for offending Christian morals by teaching biology, allows parents to sue teachers

I have no idea what you are looking for.

I'm assuming you aren't challenging basic principles of physics and chemistry. From which we know that atoms and molecules behave in predictable ways.

Those predictable chemical reactions can, do, and have been shown to result in replicating molecules.

No, replicating molecules aren't axiomatically alive in the sense we normally use "alive," but the chemicals of life are there, replication is there.

Given the necessary chemicals and replication - facts with which I assume everyone can agree - which makes more sense: that those chemicals of life combined with replicating molecules to eventually and perhaps necessarily produce what we call "life" . . . or that magic happened?
Now, how did those chemicals come into existence?

Demonstrate the big bang for us.
pistol-bang-flag-allan-swart.jpg

Your turn - provide your alternative theory to abiogenesis.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Ergo it can't be scientifically proven what came before. It can be hypothesized but then when choosing what to believe you will be relying on faith that your assumptions are true.
So, it gets back to the question of why someone's faith should be part of any secular education?

So, it gets back to the question of why someone's faith should be part of any secular education?
Faith shouldn't be. Neither religious faith nor faith that science "will eventually answer all our questions so we'll just teach hypotheses as fact until the hypothesis is disproven and then we'll move on to the next one and teach it as fact"...ad infinitum.

Faith shouldn't be. Neither religious faith nor faith that science "will eventually answer all our questions so we'll just teach hypotheses as fact until the hypothesis is disproven and then we'll move on to the next one and teach it as fact"...ad infinitum.

It's obvious that you've never taken a single science class

Reactions: globalhawk
So, teaching evolution in a secular school would be forwarding one's opinion?

Reactions: RileyHawk
Like your post that humans were created from dirt?
I say dirt, you say primordial goo, so what? I'm curious what your problem is here? Neither of us can prove our claim we take it on faith by taking other factors into account so it's not like you've got some 'gotcha' here like you think.

You realize the difference between a person having a theory and a scientific theory, right?

Your/my theory doesn't equal a scientific theory.
I never claimed it was a scientific theory. That was ascribed to me by others as a strawman.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT