ADVERTISEMENT

Oliver Martin Updates: Dec 27: Will not play (Shoulder injury). Is 5th on Depth Chart.

I firmly believe that "Receiving Schools" should pick up the tab for an athlete's attorney fees for an NCAA Eligibility request. It sure seems to look like athlete's who use an attorney have significantly better success with the case than those who don't. There is no reason why any major program couldn't flip the bill for a $5-10,000 attorney (or, use their "in house" attorney) to represent a kid appealing to the NCAA.

Timeline of the Oliver Martin request:

June 11 (77 days ago):

--It is reported that former Michigan wide receiver Oliver Martin has transferred to Iowa

Sometime before July 19 (39 days ago):

--On July 19 it is reported that the Martin family had hired an attorney to help with his petition.

Mon July 29 (29 days ago):

--Educated guess on when the paperwork was submitted to the NCAA based on this reporting:

--On.Aug. 9, 2019, 2:25 p.m. CT it was reported that the paperwork has been submitted "within the last two weeks."

So, the NCAA has had this for AT LEAST 29 days now.

One question I would have:
Why did it take 48 days (between June 11 and July 29) to hire an attorney and to come up with the paperwork to submit to the NCAA?

Reactions: Hawkeyes1192
One question I would have: Why did it take 48 days (between June 11 and July 29) to hire an attorney and to come up with the paperwork to submit to the NCAA?

I'LL REPEAT AN ANSWER.

KIRK WANTS THINGS DONE RIGHT, RATHER THAN QUICK.

HE HELPED THE MARTINS FIND THE RIGHT ATTORNEY. THE ATTORNEY DID HIS THING. THEN THEY COMPLETED THE PAPERWORK AND SUBMITTED.

I'LL ASK A QUESTION. WHY CAN'T YOU JUST SETTLE DOWN AND ACCEPT THE RULING WHEN THE RULING COMES DOWN?

WHY DO YOU PEE YOUR PANTS ON A DAILY BASIS?

I'LL REPEAT AN ANSWER.

HE HELPED THE MARTINS FIND THE RIGHT ATTORNEY. THE ATTORNEY DID HIS THING. THEN THEY COMPLETED THE PAPERWORK AND SUBMITTED.

I'LL ASK A QUESTION. WHY CAN'T YOU JUST SETTLE DOWN AND ACCEPT THE RULING WHEN THE RULING COMES DOWN?

Can I get an exception and like this twice?

Reactions: ichawk24 and kkhawk
I'LL REPEAT AN ANSWER.

we don't care what you think.

you know that, right?

go away loser.

I'LL REPEAT AN ANSWER.

Quit yelling.

If you guys have posted on these boards long enough, you should know what a Franisdaman thread is like. I, for one, appreciate the aggregation of information and the work he undertakes to update subject lines and offer the above re-caps.

That is not to say that I think everybody posting should like it. But here's the catch - you don't have to be in this thread if you don't like the premise. Again, if you don't know what these threads "look like" when originated by Franisdaman, (basketball board, football board) then you're either new to the forum or you are making a conscious choice to participate in them.

Reactions: Franisdaman
I firmly believe that "Receiving Schools" should pick up the tab for an athlete's attorney fees for an NCAA Eligibility request. It sure seems to look like athlete's who use an attorney have significantly better success with the case than those who don't. There is no reason why any major program couldn't flip the bill for a $5-10,000 attorney (or, use their "in house" attorney) to represent a kid appealing to the NCAA.
good point.

i wonder how many can/could afford attorneys.

and then i wonder how many end up using attorneys.

Timeline of the Oliver Martin request:

June 11 (77 days ago):

--It is reported that former Michigan wide receiver Oliver Martin has transferred to Iowa

Sometime before July 19 (39 days ago):

--On July 19 it is reported that the Martin family had hired an attorney to help with his petition.

Mon July 29 (29 days ago):

--Educated guess on when the paperwork was submitted to the NCAA based on this reporting:

--On.Aug. 9, 2019, 2:25 p.m. CT it was reported that the paperwork has been submitted "within the last two weeks."

So, the NCAA has had this for AT LEAST 29 days now.

One question I would have:
Why did it take 48 days (between June 11 and July 29) to hire an attorney and to come up with the paperwork to submit to the NCAA?
Thanks for the timeline, we appreciate it. However, there isn’t anyone here that can answer your question and be 100% accurate.

If you guys have posted on these boards long enough, you should know what a Franisdaman thread is like. I, for one, appreciate the aggregation of information and the work he undertakes to update subject lines and offer the above re-caps.

That is not to say that I think everybody posting should like it. But here's the catch - you don't have to be in this thread if you don't like the premise. Again, if you don't know what these threads "look like" when originated by Franisdaman, (basketball board, football board) then you're either new to the forum or you are making a conscious choice to participate in them.
I appreciate the timeline..... the first time. It's reposting it every damn day that clutters up the thread.

Reactions: Underscore2
Thanks for the timeline, we appreciate it. However, there isn’t anyone here that can answer your question and be 100% accurate.
thank you.

the big question on everyone's mind is what the hold up is (or what the hold up was in filing the paperwork) and I agree with you; nobody on here and no reporter from what I have read know the answers to those questions.

but we do know the timeline of the events, starting with June 11 when it was announded that he had transferred to Iowa

I appreciate the timeline..... the first time. It's reposting it every damn day that clutters up the thread.
interesting that you bring up cluttering up a thread and then post this garbage after posting more garbage about wishing you could like your buddy @ichawk24 's post twice.

your garbage posts are the clutter that is in this thread. you realize that, correct?

don't answer. just making sure.

Relax. KF's presser starts soon. If this weeks rumors are true, when should know today. If not, the seasons starting Saturday, I'll will be caring less about the OM deal at that point.

I'LL REPEAT AN ANSWER.

giphy.gif

Sure, I know what his threads are like. But I also have every right to participate in them.

When he posts his daily "look at me" bullshit, I'm free to call him out on it.

I'LL REPEAT AN ANSWER.

And speaking of more bullshit:

Links to where it's been reported that Kirk Ferentz helped Oliver's family land the attorney?

Link to the story where the attorney is named?

You just made all of the bullshit in your post up.

Do you lie on a regular basis, in every thread? Serious question.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT