ADVERTISEMENT

Oliver Martin Updates: Dec 27: Will not play (Shoulder injury). Is 5th on Depth Chart.

Well, if the kid said he wasnt comfortable sharing his mental health issues with the coaching staff, how wohld the coaching staff have information pertaining to his mental health to share with the NCAA?

So Michigan speculated, inserted their own opinion as to why he is transferring. Maybe a ‘we are unaware of the specifics of his request but we support his immediate eligibility.’ Their approach was a little disingenuous.

Reactions: hawkcub
LOL

Yes, good ol' KJay News!

There is what is at the top of their Twitter page:

KJAYnews
@KjaYnews

The fastest growing news network in Eastern Iowa and Europe. Football is family and family is forever. Official News Network of Long Snapper Drew Scott

Joined December 2018

132 Following
162 Followers

1080x360
Pictures

Hope they are right. But something called Hawkeyes and tall boys I think I'll wait for more legitimate source. Like party hawk.
That shits funny lmao

Reactions: Franisdaman
So Michigan speculated, inserted their own opinion as to why he is transferring. Maybe a ‘we are unaware of the specifics of his request but we support his immediate eligibility.’ Their approach was a little disingenuous.
It doesn’t work that way. Also, if he said it’s not only about playing but couldn’t give an answer as to why then all Michigan could do is say the reason he gave them.

Reactions: ellobo
It doesn’t work that way. Also, if he said it’s not only about playing but couldn’t give an answer as to why then all Michigan could do is say the reason he gave them.

Actually, Michigan gave an answer, and the kid, via his parents, echoed what Michigan said. "It was solely for more playing time and a fresh start"

Actually, Michigan gave an answer, and the kid, via his parents, echoed what Michigan said. "It was solely for more playing time and a fresh start"

In case you can’t make it to the actual link I decided to share a few comments that were in the article. They kind of indicate the opposite of what you posted.
https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...-ncaa-waiver-decision/4jXTnhMfJxXKJxsAsc9RVK/

. “Sims’ parents said that when Myles informed Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh in April of his intent to enter the portal, they were both on speakerphone and were a part of the conversation.”

“They said that they told Harbaugh that they had decided that Myles should transfer and be closer to home for personal reasons and shared nothing more.”

“However, they said that the statement that Michigan athletic director Warde Manuel submitted to the NCAA as part of the case documentation – Tech’s compliance department showed Myles a copy of it, according to the parents – stated that he had instead left Michigan for a fresh start and for playing time.”

Okay let's say Martin gets cleared tomorrow does he have to get approved by the Big Ten too or is that not accurate.

Look up the kid at GA Tech who just got turned down. Michigan said the kid left "solely for playing time and a fresh start". The kid and his parents answered the same question much differently. In fact, one of the key things they said was that the kid did NOT feel comfortable addressing any of it with Harbaugh, personally.

In essence, look at the track record. Michigan transfer-outs appear to be "0-fer" on getting waivers. Their luck with oncoming is considerably better, including Shea Patterson.
Not at all true on the O-fer...I don't expect an Iowa fan to follow all the players who left Michigan but you could perhaps look into something before making a statement like that...

You have basically taken two rejections and think it is the trend....do you honestly think those two kids plus OM are the only players to transfer out? Seriously?

A good example would be Drew Singleton....look up the story....legit reason to transfer home and got instant eligibility....there are others...

Even if he was cleared by the NCAA and Big Ten before this coming weekend, does anybody know how serious his injury was. I seem to remember hearing he had an injury that kept him out of practice for about a week.

Incorrect. Both the NCAA and B1G have approved. We're currently awaiting Gary Barta's secretary to put more paper in the fax machine. Approvals are pending. Get off your ass, Stacy.

Seriously, who uses a fax machine anymore? Or perhaps that's part of the joke you're making...that Barta's staff is so antiquated that a literal paper jam could hamstring the entire operation.

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
It wasn’t a question. They are literally waiting on the big ten right now. The ncaa has approved.

So you're pretty solid on this. That's good to know, but you also realize you'll get killed on this board if it turns out to be false!

At any rate, you've been around a long time, so I'll start to assume Martin is good to go!

Reactions: Wadzinator
Even if he was cleared by the NCAA and Big Ten before this coming weekend, does anybody know how serious his injury was. I seem to remember hearing he had an injury that kept him out of practice for about a week.
That's yet another question, first Blair was told that it could be a few weeks, and then Leisitikow said he could be back in practice last week, not sure if he was spotted or not but either way, he could be good to go this week.

Reactions: Wadzinator
That's yet another question, first Blair was told that it could be a few weeks, and then Leisitikow said he could be back in practice last week, not sure if he was spotted or not but either way, he could be good to go this week.
I thought i heard on the board here he was out for a week and started practicing again this past thursday

If the scoop is correct, it's still disgusting that the ncaa approved OM's petition so quickly (considering that the request was only made a little over 2-weeks ago) while so many others languish. The Iowa player jumps the line just coz his HC has been around a long time and is well respected. :)

So what else does their staff have to do except systematically look the other way when the big boys screw up and get caught cheating?

Basically we know nothing regarding OM except he’s enrolled at Iowa and on the football team. Don’t know if or when he’ll be cleared to play in games by the NCAA or in practice (injury).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT