ADVERTISEMENT

Olympics

Judge not least ye be judged. Matthew 5-7
Lest (conjunction) 1. For fear that

Hike mountains lest ye someday can’t. John 8:1 (Muir)
Hike noisily lest ye surprise a grizzly bear. John 8:2
Hike fast next Friday lest ye miss Spencer winning gold. Thomas 8:9 (Brands, not Saint)

Last edited:
Shameful social media frenzy about the female Algerian boxer being accused of being a man. She was born a female and has lived as a female her whole life. She is not trans as many right-wingers are hatefully spewing. It's not even legal to be trans in Algeria.

She is likely intersex - XXY chromosomes - which is why she has naturally high testosterone and looks masculine. Are we going to start banning basketball players for being too tall next?

This was always going to end up here with the hysteria about trans athletes. Now any female athlete that looks masculine is subject to extreme online abuse just for competing in the sport they love with the body they were born with. Rugby star Ilona Maher has been harassed for years. All from people who claim to "care about women athletes."

He wouldn’t want to do that. Crime is down (and keeps going down) decade after decade, year after year. What an idiot.
Who knows...maybe they are making it up. That sometimes happens around here...right Vhsalum? I don't really care one way or another...but seeing you call out other posters from here on out is definitely setting yourself up for responses.

Having a belief system helps control crime. As people have gotten away from Christian values, crime keeps getting worse.
A few things, my deceased FUL was a Methodist minister, as he said if you try to follow the Ten Commandments you probably won't make your life worse. And which is a bad idea? The structure of that belief system makes things better for all. The first to fight against slavery were Christians for one example.

I’m supportive of your right to worship how you see fit.for you. That’s a personal right I’ll fight for.

I’m not supportive of religion being in charge of our government. I’m not supportive of religions forcing those outside of the religion to adhere to rules of the church. The church has no business in in the government and the government has no business what happens in the church, imo.

What we won’t tolerate is intolerance towards others right to live life as they see fit.
That's called BS. For example certain people want to have children at drag shows. It's an adult event, kids do not belong, and yes they have had such things go. I'm very tolerant but that means putting up with , not embracing, praising, or favoring. I'm been involved with CSA for some time and I know how predators work.

I'm very intolerant to those who want to put adult themed entertainment or material in front of kids. The word for it is grooming. I'm pro reading to kids in story hour, not in drag however. Wear your UPS or amazon or whatever uniform. Again there is no need for this stuff around kids.

I had the n displeasure to take a tour of Boston back in the 90s during the gay pride parade. My sister was graduating from Harvard and we were there for a week. What I saw should be behind closed doors in an adult nightclub, not on public streets around high noon. And it's something I don't want to be exposed to with my grandmother, mother, sister, and wife. If these groups were honest they would have nor trouble keeping adult behavior in adults only places. But they don't want to do that.

Just curious if you have a source for this? Any research done on this?
Definitely, compare crime rights in Amish and Mennonite communities in Lancaster, Pa. vs the Lancaster Pa. inner city . Go look at the data, because in areas where there are more families intact with religious believes crime is much lower. It's like everywhere.

Reactions: T8KUDWN
It is not your place to judge non-believers. That is God's place to do that. It is yours to judge those in your congregation. Read the Bible bro and follow it instead of spewing hate.
It's actually your job to judge day to day behavior for yourself and others as part of being a normal thinking person. The bible gives you clear rules on behavior, it is not your job to condemn people to hell, that it's God's job. But I might chose to not do business with, hire people, or associate with certain folk if I see their actions as not conducive to say a business relationship, friendship, or a employee/employer relationship.

Listen to him? Refute what he's saying, not the source. Why did these weirdos do this at this venue during an opening ceremony watched by people around the world, including kids. People that have a problem with children watching this are often called groomers.

Also he is right, the Olympics are a scam. It not benefitting athletes, so why go? The athletes don't benefit financially like the organizers, the local really don't benefit. It's the promoters and the media, along with sponsors.

The 2022 Olympics (i.e., the Winter Games) is now down to only two applicant nations: China and Kazakhstan. This follows the withdrawal of Norway after the taxpayers of Norway balked on ponying up the cash necessary to make the Olympics a playground for the world’s richest cronies and politicians.

Theoretically, the Olympics are a private organization, but in practice, it is a corporatist organization run by plutocrats whose mission in life is apparently to squeeze as much tax revenue as possible out of the residents of the countries and cities that host the Olympics. This is done by demanding the usual brand-spanking new stadiums and facilities from the host cities that later become white elephants. But the IOC also demands countless perks for itself, such as only the finest food and drink, and special driving lanes on streets and highways. (See photos of the abandoned Olympics facilities in Athens.)

Faced with a bevy of such demands in a 7,000-page dossier from the IOC, Norway chose to withdrawal. The “diva-like demands for luxury treatment” for the IOC were outlined by the Norwegian media, including:

• They demand to meet the king prior to the opening ceremony. Afterwards, there shall be a cocktail reception.
  • Drinks shall be paid for by the Royal Palace or the local organizing committee.
  • Separate lanes should be created on all roads where IOC members will travel, which are not to be used by regular people or public transportation.
  • A welcome greeting from the local Olympic boss and the hotel manager should be presented in IOC members’ rooms, along with fruit and cakes of the season. (Seasonal fruit in Oslo in February is a challenge…)
  • The hotel bar at their hotel should extend its hours “extra late” and the minibars must stock Coke products.
  • The IOC president shall be welcomed ceremoniously on the runway when he arrives.
  • The IOC members should have separate entrances and exits to and from the airport.
  • During the opening and closing ceremonies a fully stocked bar shall be available. During competition days, wine and beer will do at the stadium lounge.
  • IOC members shall be greeted with a smile when arriving at their hotel.
  • Meeting rooms shall be kept at exactly 20 degrees Celsius at all times.
  • The hot food offered in the lounges at venues should be replaced at regular intervals, as IOC members might “risk” having to eat several meals at the same lounge during the Olympics.
  • All furniture should be OL-shaped and have Olympic Appearance.
If this were all privately financed, there’s no reason to complain, but the IOC can hardly be described as “private sector.” The Norwegian controversy highlights that fact that, according to The National Post, “the International Olympic Committee is a notoriously ridiculous organization run by grifters and hereditary aristocrats .”

Not surprisingly, Kazakhstan and China, those great bastions of thriving free markets, continue to compete for the chance to host the 2022 games. This, of course, only lends more credence to the assertion that the Games have become an enormous exercise in international prestige and fantasies about the Keynesian multiplier in which the central planners assume that it is much better to force the people to pay for another luge track rather than just allowing them to waste their money on food, clothing, or education.

Part of the reason that Norway has pulled out is that its government is at least somewhat answerable to the taxpayers while the governments of Kazakhstan and China are not. Norway’s withdrawal follows previous withdrawals from Sweden, Poland, and Ukraine. (Sweden now says is would have stayed in if the IOC were less bureaucratic.)

The controversy, and the fact that available host cities for the IOC continue to dwindle, has forced the IOC to say that it will “review” the way it demands perks from host cities, although it’s highly unlikely that anything the IOC does will put much of a dent in the huge bill that the IOC and its pals in government send to the taxpayers every few years. Denver, Colorado, where the voters refused to approve tax dollars for Olympics facilities, remains the only city to have ever rejected the IOC after it had already been chosen as the host city. Some other cities now appear to be catching on earlier in the process.
You seem angry.

Definitely, compare crime rights in Amish and Mennonite communities in Lancaster, Pa. vs the Lancaster Pa. inner city . Go look at the data, because in areas where there are more families intact with religious believes crime is much lower. It's like everywhere.
So your source is "trust me bro?" No sh*t crime is less in rural areas. The population isn't there and they don't regularly patrol as inner city areas.

Shameful social media frenzy about the female Algerian boxer being accused of being a man. She was born a female and has lived as a female her whole life. She is not trans as many right-wingers are hatefully spewing. It's not even legal to be trans in Algeria.

She is likely intersex - XXY chromosomes - which is why she has naturally high testosterone and looks masculine. Are we going to start banning basketball players for being too tall next?
Ah, but you make the critics point, even while floating an unwarranted politic smear. If the Algerian is intersex with a hybrid chromosome arrangement (XXY), that’s not a female pattern (XX). Alas, the event is for females, not male-chromosome-advantaged hybrids. Frenzy seemed inevitable, not shameful.
Not sure where basketballer height fits into a sex chromosome debate. Take the last word.

• Haha
Reactions: Mpchillin
Ah, but you make the critics point, even while floating an unwarranted politic smear. If the Algerian is intersex with a hybrid chromosome arrangement (XXY), that’s not a female pattern (XX). Alas, the event is for females, not male-chromosome-advantaged hybrids. Frenzy seemed inevitable, not shameful.
Not sure where basketballer height fits into a sex chromosome debate. Take the last word.
Bro, you’re the first person in this thread who called her trans. And it was not done kindly. Maybe consider bowing out here.

Bro, you’re the first person in this thread who called her trans. And it was not done kindly. Maybe consider bowing out here.
I did and admitted my error. I’ll even repeat it: This Algerian is not a former man and me posting that was unkind. No, I won’t stop contending that an intersex (XXY) person physically enhanced with a male chromosome shouldn’t be boxing a female. And I certainly won’t ask you to bow out of a thread. In fact, take the last word, perhaps to explain why that male chromosome is no unfair advantage. I'd stick around to be enlightened but have grass to cut.

I did and admitted my error. I’ll even repeat it: This Algerian is not a former man and me posting that was unkind. No, I won’t stop contending that an intersex (XXY) person physically enhanced with a male chromosome shouldn’t be boxing a female. And I certainly won’t ask you to bow out of a thread. In fact, take the last word, perhaps to explain why that male chromosome is no unfair advantage. I'd stick around to be enlightened but have grass to cut.
We've never used chromosomes to separate gender for sports. If the doctor IDs you as a woman and puts it on your birth certificate, you're good to go. If you want to change that, you need to chromosome test every single athlete because these abnormalities can't always be identified based on appearance.

People are acting like she's knocking heads off. She has 5 career knockouts and 9 losses. She didn't even medal last Olympics.

We've never used chromosomes to separate gender for sports. If the doctor IDs you as a woman and puts it on your birth certificate, you're good to go. If you want to change that, you need to chromosome test every single athlete because these abnormalities can't always be identified based on appearance.

People are acting like she's knocking heads off. She has 5 career knockouts and 9 losses. She didn't even medal last Olympics.
Not taking any side here but chromosomal testing was done for many years in the Olympics. It's a complicated story.

So a woman, born a woman, should box a man? A woman who God enhanced through no fault of her own should now fight men? Is this what you are saying?

I now see why two new Olympic wrestling threads were created.
giphy.gif

You seem to have trouble following along. She has XY chromosomes, which are male. She shouldn't be boxing XX females as it's an unfair advantage. Life sucks sometimes.
Lol. Are you dumb? Who should she box then? I have asked the same question and you can't give me a straight answer.

Reactions: vhsalum
He already gave an answer. "She shouldn't be boxing XX females as it's an unfair advantage."

I was able to determine the answer to your question by applying the Venn diagram knowledge that I learned from Kamala.
You're just as dumb as him. Should she box males or females. Do you need crayons or have mommy help you answer?

Take an entry level logic class, then rejoin the discussion.
That's cute that you stick up for your boyfriends, but bud it's that simple. There are only two genders. She was born female. Should she box males or females. I'm using your guys logic. Should she box sharks? Dogs? Kangaroos? Or the logical choice, females?

That's cute that you stick up for your boyfriends, but bud it's that simple. There are only two genders. She was born female. Should she box males or females. I'm using your guys logic. Should she box sharks? Dogs? Kangaroos? Or the logical choice, females?
Please tell me you didn't go to Iowa. Please.

So a woman, born a woman, should box a man? A woman who God enhanced through no fault of her own should now fight men? Is this what you are saying?
Just saying that for athletic placement purposes, intersex (XXY) is not female in my book, but hybrid. Genetic doctrine credits chromo Y with male superiority in strength. For the same reason males don’t compete against females (or do you want that, too?), intersex folk with a Y have an unfair advantage and maybe shouldn’t either. Why not compete against their own, adding trans folk? Is that not inclusive, woke, and fair enough?
Don’t overheat, Yub. Your argument already won the day. IOC sees no issue. Mine is just a worthless old hiker's opinion in cyberspace, sparked by these boxers’ failed gender tests last year. Take the last word. I won't rebut.
Freestyle can’t get here fast enough. :)

I'd prefer posters not living in delusion. That's about it for me. Accept what happened, instead of believing spin people now say to cover their rears.

And why do you care if it is judged? They knew it would be judged and garner massive attention.

My religion commands me to judge all actions, though not the souls of individuals. You've made your judgment concerning judging. I'll make mine. Welcome to the world of message boards.
Your religion commands you to judge others?

• Love
Reactions: Twoooooooo
Trans has been found to NOT be a mental illness by the American Psychiatric Association. Gender dysphoria is, but only a minority of trans people experience that. And trans people have been a thing for centuries. American Samoans even have a recognized third gender. I don’t agree with trans athletes playing in sports that are not their sex at birth, but let’s welcome them in to sports of their own gender. Part of that is telling our boys to be good men and listen to the actual experts, not random dumbasses on social media.

Okay, cool. No let’s do some fuggin’ wrestling already. This is taking forever to start.
American Psychiatric Association is nothing but a collection of misfits that are trying to figure out why they are so dysfunctional. They have a long history of caving in to what ever is starting to become popular. They have no real standards of what is normal and what is abnormal. Large amounts of money greatly help them to make changes. They have zilch validity.

What religion has more access to power in our society than Christianity? What religion is more openly and widely practiced in the United States? What group most is the most persistent in evangelizing?

Christianity gets a fair amount of criticism in this country but that is because it is the most influential religion. Additionally much of that criticism isn't targeted to Christianity but to when Christians choose to use their religion as a tool to structure power.
And what part of what you said here do you use to justify treating Christianity and Christian people is a very disrespectful and hateful way?

If there is a "Y" chromozone in there anywhere, that person is a male and not a female. The "Y" is the determining factor. End of debate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT