ADVERTISEMENT

Omaha Biliew

My opinion of the roster was formed well before last night's game...games against teams like Green Bay have no predictive value and are irrelevant to the opinion I gave you.
Hey MesaClown how do you fell about that awesome isu roster now? I mean thank god Texas A&M didn’t have their top two players right?

Must ignore and run away and hide just like clown fans always do.

Reactions: MikeyHawk
He should have chosen Iowa. McCaffery would have definitely brought out his offensive talents. Not a knock on the Clone staff, but it is a fact that under McCaffery, if a player has talent like Biliew, McCaffery will present a good chance for him to be a top scorer.

Last edited:
Reactions: AEG82 and Mohawkeye
He should have chosen Iowa. McCaffery would have definitely brought out his offensive talents. Not a knock on the Clone staff, but it is a fact that under McCaffery, if a player has talent like Belew, McCaffery will present a good chance for him to be a top scorer.
McCaffrey has never had a talent like Biliew so I don't know where you're coming up with that.

• Haha
Reactions: herkhatescy
What do you think of the FAU --Va +Tech score vs the latter vs ISU?
Well, the same guys who couldn't miss three-pointers against ISU couldn't make them against FAU, but that isn't the point.

I think the performance of ISU in all three games at Orlando was disappointing and indicates the team isn't as good as some of us thought after the first four games.

The defense wasn't what we've come to expect from TJ's teams, and the offense, which looked good in the first four games, wasn't very good in Florida. I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet, as there appears to be quite a bit of talent.

But to cut to the chase, I thought ISU would handle Iowa fairly easily, but I no longer think that.

More important, the Big XII already was the best basketball conference in America, and adding Cincinnati, Houston and BYU makes it even tougher.

I don't know what all of the media in Des Moines is saying. I know what Williams was, and no offense all of these guys have the same sources.
To back you up a little, I had heard the same thing right after he went to the Team USA trials and made the roster for the U19 team. It's just surprising to me that it's been as slow of a start as it has been--I figured he would at least find a way to get consistent minutes through his defense. But that doesn't even seem to be the case against good competition.

I don't know what all of the media in Des Moines is saying. I know what Williams was, and no offense all of these guys have the same sources.
Seems like a classic case of biggest strongest guy where he was from, and not having to deal with guys his size on a nightly basis. I'm sure he will be fine, but believe me, all central Iowa media was talking about how great he was going to be for ISU, and that he was the savior for them going forward. IAfootballfan/undercover ISU troll is really wrong as usual. I'm not sure why he tried to pretend he's an Iowa fan, he clearly can't even control his 14 year old emotions in every post.

Some classic examples of this great "Iowa" fan :
"8 wins. We’re going to lose to either ISU or Nebby, flip a coin for which one it’ll be."
"Any waving motion by the punt returner is a dead ball - it does not have to be above the head."
"Sure- but that doesn’t change the fact the call in our game was correct and reviewable."
Both done while arguing incessantly that we didn't get screwed against Minny.
"We lost to ISU at home last year but let me guess… You think we were better than them last year though- right?"

Small penis syndrome as it's finest.

Seems like a classic case of biggest strongest guy where he was from, and not having to deal with guys his size on a nightly basis.
That can be true for smaller school and rural guys, but but Omaha played large school, AAU, and on the US U19 team so he was seen against top flight competition during the recruiting process.

Reactions: littlez
McCaffrey has never had a talent like Biliew so I don't know where you're coming up with that.
Uh, I seem to remember Luka Garza being POY and several others making the All-B1G Conference First Team. Are you saying they weren't talented? Like him or not, McCaffery is known for player development and turning guys into stars in his system.
Now I haven't seen Mr. Biliew play so far, but given his reputation, I expect him eventually to be a stud, but National Player of the Year? Denigrating the former Iowa stars to try and build up one of your current players is pretty sad. At least wait until he's achieved something.

Last edited:
Uh, I seem to remember Luka Garza being POY and several others making the All-B1G Conference First Team. Are you saying they weren't talented? Like him or not, McCaffery is known for player development and turning guys into stars in his system.
Now I haven't seen Mr. Biliew play so far, but given his reputation, I expect him eventually to be a stud, but National Player of the Year? Denigrating the former Iowa stars to try and build up one of your current players is pretty sad. At least wait until he's achieved something.
What was Luka's ranking coming out of high school? Name me one Fran recruit who was remotely close to being ranked as high as Biliew coming into college! You can't. Fran has shown he's a helluva coach and can get the most out of unheralded talent. However when it comes to 5 start talent we have zero evidence to go off of. I would absolutely love it if we could get some 5 start talent to start to get some data points from, but unfortunately stars don't want to play for crappy fanbases. So it is what it is.

Seems like a classic case of biggest strongest guy where he was from, and not having to deal with guys his size on a nightly basis. I'm sure he will be fine, but believe me, all central Iowa media was talking about how great he was going to be for ISU, and that he was the savior for them going forward. IAfootballfan/undercover ISU troll is really wrong as usual. I'm not sure why he tried to pretend he's an Iowa fan, he clearly can't even control his 14 year old emotions in every post.

Some classic examples of this great "Iowa" fan :
"8 wins. We’re going to lose to either ISU or Nebby, flip a coin for which one it’ll be."
"Any waving motion by the punt returner is a dead ball - it does not have to be above the head."
"Sure- but that doesn’t change the fact the call in our game was correct and reviewable."
Both done while arguing incessantly that we didn't get screwed against Minny.
"We lost to ISU at home last year but let me guess… You think we were better than them last year though- right?"

Small penis syndrome as it's finest.
Absolutely ridiculous take. He played for a top 5 AAU team so he was playing against the best of the best. And as stated also made the US19U team. I find it crazy he can’t see the court at Iowa St. If he was Kentucky fighting for minutes maybe, but this rag tag team? Don’t get it at all.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
What was Luka's ranking coming out of high school? Name me one Fran recruit who was remotely close to being ranked as high as Biliew coming into college! You can't. Fran has shown he's a helluva coach and can get the most out of unheralded talent. However when it comes to 5 start talent we have zero evidence to go off of. I would absolutely love it if we could get some 5 start talent to start to get some data points from, but unfortunately stars don't want to play for crappy fanbases. So it is what it is.
Rankings don't mean that much, Garza and the Murray twins have proven that. Go Hawks !

Reactions: shudaddy
Billieuw obviously did not deserve the ranking he received out of high school. Fran has had players with far more potential. He’s a miracle worker in developing talent and Omaha would have been served well to have played for him. How’s the last 5 star at ISU panning out?

Iowa fan base is fine. Just bored with mediocre results every season in men's bb.
Fan base does just fine with sell outs in women's BB and wrestling. Football fan base seems pretty damn good too. Fran = poor recruiter.

Reactions: dekhawk
Yet, there's Luka with his paltry 4 stars being voted National Player of the Year (should have been twice!) and the Murrays with their humble 3 stars both being first round draft picks. Pretty high bar for Biliew and his five stars.

It's proven every single year that stars aren't the be all and end all predicting a players future success.

Last edited:
Iowa fan base is fine. Just bored with mediocre results every season in men's bb.
Fan base does just fine with sell outs in women's BB and wrestling. Football fan base seems pretty damn good too. Fran = poor recruiter.
Why do you consider Fran a "poor recruiter"? He might not be recruiting elite talent, but he seems to be recruiting as well as anyone at Iowa since George Raveling back in the 80's. I think if Fran has had some issues it's with the distribution of recruits. He's been really heavy and successful on wings, forwards, and McCafferys, but not so successful with guards.

Reactions: MikeyHawk
Nut knocker actually…Evans was the full on tickler if I remember correctly.
Sorry, I missed the part where we were talking about how great Reggie Evans is. Maybe it’s on some clown board. Can you point me in that direction?

One foul and one turnover from isu’s 5 Star in 6 mins of play against one win DePaul.

Just amazing development and talent on display. I heard not only is he a first round pick in the NBA draft but that they are going to just award him rookie of the year before the season starts next November.

Absolutely ridiculous take. He played for a top 5 AAU team so he was playing against the best of the best. And as stated also made the US19U team. I find it crazy he can’t see the court at Iowa St. If he was Kentucky fighting for minutes maybe, but this rag tag team? Don’t get it at all.
Ridiculous take? But you agree with me? So confusing.

That can be true for smaller school and rural guys, but but Omaha played large school, AAU, and on the US U19 team so he was seen against top flight competition during the recruiting process.
Honest question, do you know what "large school" in Iowa means/looks like? He was an anomaly for even large school Iowa. He got blown by on defense so much by Cade Kelderman in a game last fall, that TJ welcomed Cade to ISU after the game in which he was there to just watch Omaha. Now, with that said, no idea how he did in AAU, but the U19 team he didn't do much, averaging 5.9 ppg, with his two good games against Japan and Madagascar. I have no doubts he will be a good player for them in time, but ISU fans were of the belief he was going to be their savior this year, from the minute he committed.

In preseason he was showing up in mock drafts as a mid to late first rounder. So him not getting minutes at ISU is surprising to many. Even if he is a bit raw, you'd think they'd be putting him into games off the bench in low leverage situations.

Ridiculous take? But you agree with me? So confusing.
Im not agreeing with you at all. Sure he was the best player in Iowa but it wasn’t a case of him being the biggest strongest guy facing rummies. Again, he was projected as an NBA player by pretty much all the recruiting services. He played ( and started) on a top 5-10 AAU team so all Summer he was playing and practicing against the top guys in the country. I do think it makes a difference that a lot of these guys are 22-23-24 years old now playing in their 6th year while some of these young guys just turned 18. It’s a big deal.

Im not agreeing with you at all. Sure he was the best player in Iowa but it wasn’t a case of him being the biggest strongest guy facing rummies. Again, he was projected as an NBA player by pretty much all the recruiting services. He played ( and started) on a top 5-10 AAU team so all Summer he was playing and practicing against the top guys in the country. I do think it makes a difference that a lot of these guys are 22-23-24 years old now playing in their 6th year while some of these young guys just turned 18. It’s a big deal.
Well, how did he do against those guys his size in AAU? He averaged 9.5 and 5 in the EYBL, those stats don't blow you away. He excelled against his Iowa competition where he was the biggest/strongest guy. That's all I'm saying.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT