ADVERTISEMENT

*** Omnibus NCAA Tournament games thread ***

3ZsK.gif

That would definitely be me if I could afford - and were allowed - to take both sets of Thursday through Sunday 1st-2nd & Sweet16-Elite 8 rounds off.

Will just have to settle for the whole Sweet 16 through Elite 8 this year.

(would be super swell if Hawks are still playing in both those rounds, as well!)

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
If this game is any indication of the tournament at large, then holy crap does that favor the Hawks - and all other teams that like playing at a higher pace.

Hardly any whistles for fouls so far - or at least sure feels that way - unless unavoidably obvious fouls that need to be called.

Keep the political sh*t on the Off Topic board!

I kid. But cool. I was just thinking "Hell, less than two days until Iowa plays. Even sooner for many others!

Reactions: HawkBall23
Let me boomer a few TV coverage things..

1. stop the stupid angles and camera shots during free throws and then taking the ball up the court. It’s cool once or twice but being way overdone.
2. Take the shot clock graphic at the free throw line away, it looks stupid.

HTF does Kansas get scheduled one of the last tip groupings of the day on Thursday, when they play a F4 winner 16-seed??

Who - aside from KU fans - wants to end the first full day with a 'woof-er' of a game like that?? I know there will be 3 other games on, as well, but 1/16 & 2/15 match-ups should always be early on Thur & Fri in the first round, imo, as they have the least chance for providing any real drama or watchability for anyone not fans of the teams playing.

I'll be honest, I always hope for the Hawks to be one of the last tips on 1st Round Friday, because should the worst happen - a loss in their first game - I at least got to watch all of the Round of 64 while still feeling the full excitement for March Madness.

(a lot of my excitement for the Dance dims when Iowa bows out - so here's hoping Iowa doesn't decide they've had enough until they are cutting down the nets on 4/4 this year!!)

Last edited:
Let me boomer a few TV coverage things..

1. stop the stupid angles and camera shots during free throws and then taking the ball up the court. It’s cool once or twice but being way overdone.
2. Take the shot clock graphic at the free throw line away, it looks stupid.
Agree with #1. The "in the action" angles and shots are way too overused sometimes.

But I honestly don't mind #2. Will help remind me to yell "shoot it!" at my TV because the SC is winding down, when Iowa has the ball.

Now if it distracts me from an important play in an Iowa game, then I'll b* up a storm hypocritically, but otherwise its no biggie.

Ok, the 'warm up' game is in the books.

Now we wait a bit to get to the game that should - hopefully! - provide some real viewing intrigue and enjoyment (as someone who wishes well on the B1G).

Wyoming guy wasn't injured by an IU player, idiot announcers.

He was puking in the trash can.

Indiana is a blue blood?
I had to look it up.. blue blood means royalty.. apparently

I have the opinion that Iowa is Big Ten Royalty
no other school has played in both the football championship and basketball championships in both men's and women, this past year.

That charge call on Galloway was a block on the WYO player. He was well off-center and leaning his hip into Galloway's path and created the contact that way.

Reactions: Hawktagonapus
It’s not just the fact both teams are pounding the post ups. There’s no off the ball action at all to get anyone open. Everyone’s just standing.

I’ve seen people who follow mid major ball hype up Wyoming’s coach as an offensive genius. Must be smoking the good stuff.

God, this is sad.

Iowa can score 13 points in 2.5 minutes, on a slow night!! These two teams can't eclipse that in 15 minutes of action.

Obligatory post that these first four games are awkward and unnecessary.

And the small schools should be in. All 8 teams should be at large teams.

Reactions: Nohawknamesleft
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT