ADVERTISEMENT

*** Omnibus NCAA Tournament games thread ***

Geez, Indiana.

WYO dude who was puking in the trash can and had to go to the locker room to continue vomiting has 2 three point makes. You have 1, as a team!

What's truly sad is these teams are as equal as can get, at least seeding wise, but offenses are finally showing signs of life. Game should be much more entertaining, much sooner.

Only took 15 minutes to happen, some offense from both teams.

If what Lindner did warranted a T to these officials, Fran wouldn't last a half!

Announcers were saying that the ref was telling Lindner he T'd him up for being out of the coaching box. If that was the case, why wasn't he T'd up for being a couple steps out on the court while directing his defense when IU had the ball in that end, at the start of that possession??

Shouldn’t have been a T, unless the refs had already warned him about coming out of the coaches box/being on the floor. Like a minute before that T, he was out on the court while Indiana had the ball in the half court, it was noticeably bad so I suspect the refs had warned him.

Reactions: HawkBall23
I think the ball is over inflated. You can see it on how the bounce is so responsive. It is bouncing really high and there is no soft bounce on the rim. Shooters are going to have to swish their shots. I think this is causing issues for both offenses. I hope this ball is not used for the whole tournament.

Reactions: Nohawknamesleft
Oddly reffed game. No flow, allowing players to backdown/displace at will unless you flop.

Wyoming bigs in foul trouble and they have a super shallow bench, think Indiana eventually separates.

Xaiver/Race look like trash after playing so well in BTT.

If what Lindner did warranted a T to these officials, Fran wouldn't last a half!

Announcers were saying that the ref was telling Lindner he T'd him up for being out of the coaching box. If that was the case, why wasn't he T'd up for being a couple steps on the court while directing his defense when IU had the ball in that end, at the start of that possession??
I was too slow to type, but that’s exactly what I saw too. It was crazy how far out there he was given where the ball was.

He’s been ejected twice in the last two seasons:

WYOMING’S JEFF LINDER EJECTED IN OPENING MINUTES OF UTAH STATE GAME

Probably was a foul, some body contact down low, but notice they didn't show a replay of this last foul on Thompson meeting the WYO guy at the summit on a dunk attempt.

Did I hear right, towards the beginning of the game, the announcer saying that TJD has never attempted a 3ptr in a game at the collegiate level?

I mean, he's good enough to not need to, but never once?? Not even late in a blowout?!

That's very odd, if true, in this day and age.

Off topic, but Xavier is down 3 to Cleveland St, at the under-12 media timeout of the 2nd half of their first round NIT game.

Game is at Xavier.

Jack has 9 points.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Are they doing the Pancheros burrito lift at halftime of the Indiana/Wyoming game? 😆 🎶 you got to pump it up 🎶

Ok, so I'm seeing things I don't normally see in games .....

A player off IU's bench came out on the floor to help Race up after his own player bowled him over, to help get him back in the game and get back to the other end.

That's allowable??

After watching an uncountable number of B1G games, that late whistle after the dunk didn't go in was completely unsurprising.

It was a foul, but the lateness of the whistle was a joke.

Reactions: nbanflfactory
It's like watching bf take on pp
You work a Brian Ferentz slam into a thread about 4 baskeball teams, none of which are the University of Iowa's. C'mon buddy...that OCD is a bitch, I know, but they've got meds for that now. Time and place. Time ... and ... place.

Put all that negativity about the offense out of your mind until at least we get some spring camp news. You'll have a better spring.

Reactions: PIEPI
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT