ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Drake game

I watch Drake every chance I get especially today. Devries is a very good coach and his son is pretty amazing, JMO
I haven't heard anything about Drake all year long and now they come along right after the women. Got the game paused right now. I'll cheer 'em down the stretch perhaps, but gotta conserve my emotional energy. Be cool if they snag a title today too!

I haven't heard anything about Drake all year long and now they come along right after the women. Got the game paused right now. I'll cheer 'em down the stretch perhaps, but gotta conserve my emotional energy. Be cool if they snag a title today too!
I am a big Drake fan, but if they win it might lessen the Hawkeye's chances of getting an NCAA berth.

• Angry
Reactions: SoonerBeAHawk
Is that John Candy's son wearing #21 for Indiana St?
ksr-with-all-timer-nickname-for-indiana-state-star-robbie-v0-DjFCgxTVYw0hBYWFotDQKDnVxvcEoaYFV9UB3wMPfIU.jpg

MV5BNWYwYWNkZWQtZDdlOS00YTFiLWI0YTItMmEzMGVkNjY5ZTA4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg

Uh oh, you knew Indiana St was going to make a run. Need to get DeVries a few looks here...

Indiana St has all the momentum now. Drake desperately needs stops and can't seem to find any.

I know Indiana St winning helps Iowa's at large chances, but this sucks.

Drake has completely collapsed.

Reactions: NI hawk
This really turned into one hell of a game. Another huge second half comeback that went down to the wire. Drake showing some real grit pulling it out after facing Kansas City Chiefs-esque adversity. Gotta love March basketball!

Last edited:
So the Waukee kids ranking as college ballers:
1 Devries
2 Payton sand.
3. Omaha
4. Pryce sand.

I know Devries was Mr BB and the highest ranked as a senior.
Pryce was Mr BB but Omaha highest ranked.
What a team!

• Love
Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
  • Haha
Reactions: drew_hawk
Will DeVries be the next "hot coach" to land a P5 job?

Will younger DeVries get a shot at NBA?

Welp, could be a bid stealer with Indiana St here, but I can't be unhappy that Drake won.
That's the one concern for bubble teams.

Drake was sitting a ways back on the bubble and they'll take Indiana State's spot.

Now it's gonna come down to resume comparisons for ISU and the rest of the bubble.

I think that immediately puts them right on that Last/First Four.

Drake probably looking at a 10 seed if Indiana State is gonna sneak in. I can't see Drake getting sent to Dayton even if Indiana State doesn't make it.

• Wow
I wasn't aware of it, but Seth Davis just said on the 'between games show' that Indiana St has a good resume, but only has ONE Quad1 win.

He thinks they deserve to be in, but likely to get left out.

(here's hoping!, if Iowa is fighting for a spot as well)

• Sad
Drake hangs on is in the NCCA. Hopefully it will not adversely affect Iowa's chances.
Tonight's game just got even more important. I don't think Iowa has a chance now without a win. 3 QUAD 1 wins ain't gonna get 'em an at-large bid, with 6 other teams from a rather weak B1G already in.

Reactions: drew_hawk
Will DeVries be the next "hot coach" to land a P5 job?

Will younger DeVries get a shot at NBA?
Yes, Darren is taking Tucker (for one year) to a new gig I suspect. He's had his chances. I'd take him here at IA when Fran moves on.

No, Tucker will get a look but he won't make it I don't think - he's inconsistent, his 3% shooting is only 35%, he's not that quick, and he needs to get in much better shape.

Tonight's game just got even more important. I don't think Iowa has a chance now without a win. 3 QUAD 1 wins ain't gonna get 'em an at-large bid, with 6 other teams from a rather weak B1G already in.
Michigan State really shouldn't be in over us, but again we also need to take care of our own business.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT