ADVERTISEMENT

OT (KINDA) Who you got with ISU vs Illinois?

JerseyCityHawki

HR All-American
Oct 28, 2019
Hackensack, New Jersey
Hatred for both fan bases I know I know .. however imho I want ISU to beat the snot out of Illinois regardless of being from the BIG… I would rather root for ISU as many will hate and mock me for this I would rather see the home state little brother win….

Illinois has to be the most Illanoying program around both in BB and FB and if it were any other BT team playing ISU I would go for them but I definitely want ISU to win this one… no joke ISU could make the final four this year as I think they’re that damn good …

Go CyCLOWNS 🤡

Its not 'who' I got, but 'what' I got with ISU vs Illinois ... a big bucket of vomit.

Not only because I seriously dislike both programs, but also because they're playing somewhere Iowa hasn't since Dr. Tom's final season and I hate being envious of either.

mad-kick.gif

Hatred for both fan bases I know I know .. however imho I want ISU to beat the snot out of Illinois regardless of being from the BIG… I would rather root for ISU as many will hate and mock me for this I would rather see the home state little brother win….

Illinois has to be the most Illanoying program around both in BB and FB and if it were any other BT team playing ISU I would go for them but I definitely want ISU to win this one… no joke ISU could make the final four this year as I think they’re that damn good …

Go CyCLOWNS 🤡

Hmmm….I’ll confess I don’t have much problem with most Big Ten teams, outside of Purdue and Northwestern. And I still will normally root for them in any out of conference type stuff.

As for Iowa State, I generally root for them when they’re not playing for us but I don’t take it personally either.

I honestly will be OK with any outcome, but I will most likely be pulling for Iowa State.

Last edited:
Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
Hmmm….I’ll confess I don’t have much problem with most Big Ten teams, outside of Purdue and Northwestern. And I still will normally root for them in any out of conference type stuff.

As for Iowa State, I generally route for them when they’re not playing for us but I don’t take it personally either.

I honestly will be OK with any outcome, but I will most likely be pulling for Iowa State.
I wonder how many ISU fans will be rooting for the Iowa women this week..We all know the answer to that one.
ISU fans would be rooting for Hamas if they were playing Iowa.

Not rooting for either but I think ISU wins and fairly comfortably.

That swarming defense will almost always keep them in games. If they can hold Shannon to 20 points or less, it should be a great night for them.

Reactions: cmhawks99
Teams I despise the most in this order:

1) ISU
2) Wisconsin
3) Illinois
4) Nebraska

So….since they both can’t lose I will have to pull for the B10….and yet if I was betting I would guess ISU because of the defense they play.

Reactions: Tunadog
I wonder how many ISU fans will be rooting for the Iowa women this week..We all know the answer to that one.

Iowa women’s game was on in the bar on almost every TV in Omaha on Saturday and there was a lot of cheering for the Hawks and people got really pissed off when Clark got punched in the face.

Iowa women’s game was on in the bar on almost every TV in Omaha on Saturday and there was a lot of cheering for the Hawks and people got really pissed off when Clark got punched in the face.
Clone and Hawkeye twitter/message board fans have ruined the perception of each fanbase's view of each other. This is the .2%, which makes it all the more maddening.

I mean this is just false, there are tons of ISU fans rooting for Caitlin Clark. Hell - even the biggest Hawkeye hater Georges freakin Niang was backing her up on Twitter this week.

Iowa women’s game was on in the bar on almost every TV in Omaha on Saturday and there was a lot of cheering for the Hawks and people got really pissed off when Clark got punched in the
I must live amongst the most hateful ISU fans in the world. The Hate is real here.

Who has Illinois really beaten in their last 10 games? Also, they haven't faced a defense like Iowa State all year. I think as long as Iowa State doesn't lay an egg offensively (which they do sometimes), Iowa State will win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT