ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Michigan under investigation for sign stealing

Poor guy is struggling. It's just a game buddy, relax. After Harbaugh is fired and their wins are vacated, they'll still play football games you can watch. None of the players or coaches know or care about you so you don't need to humiliate yourself online for a group of cheaters and losers.
One of the coaches I helped recruit to Michigan...so wrong again

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Kinnick.At.Night
He'll be fine...thanks for your concern
I also look forward to Michigan dropping their holier than thou attitude as the past week or so has shown they are fine with blatantly cheating. If this info came out about another coach in the conference they would have been fired already or at least suspended indefinitely until the dust settles.

We got a real big shot on our hands here fellas!!!
Bowing Down Waynes World GIF

@ellobo where you at?
It would be crazy if that was him, you'd think CMU would have come out and said "Nope that is one of our GAs". But whether it is him or not doesn't change much IMO because all of the evidence of them using stolen signs from other games is already out with them having the signals on laminated sheets during the games.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
It is the guy in the sunglasses……at night. And he hid his face on another sideline play. It’s bad and it’s a big deal. Jim will be toast.
What an idiot. The games are all televised, how did he think he was going to hide.

I also look forward to Michigan dropping their holier than thou attitude as the past week or so has shown they are fine with blatantly cheating. If this info came out about another coach in the conference they would have been fired already or at least suspended indefinitely until the dust settles.
We suspended the guy at the center of this

Eeeeerreeverybody does that.
I've been pretty consistent on saying everybody tries to steal signs and the issue for Michigan is not stealing them but how allegedly it is being done. My position has been clear and basically every former player and current coach has said the same thing. Stop being dense.

Now here is were that pic gets interesting: if that is indeed Stallions (which it might be) then how did he get on the CMU sideline? You do realize that the CMU HC did a quick stint at Michigan before taking the the CMU job...when Stallions was an intern. They knew each other...don't you wonder how he might have been on another team's sidelines? Because nobody but Michigan does this stuff!

Interesting part II: there is another pic of that guy, from that night (it was a Friday), in which he has hair. Stallions happens to be bald/shaves his head. There is a pic of him (which is very real) on the Michigan sideline the very next day (Saturday) and all of a sudden he happens to be bald again. And no goatee...that part is easy...he shaved his goatee...but how did he grow hair for a single night as he didnt have hair just a week before?

Being 100% honest...I'm not trying to convince you it wasn't him...rather explaining to you that you are a fool to take everything you read on social media as fact...hell...I could start a blog, say it is all fact and you'd probably quote me to say it makes it true...because it fits your narrative...that's because you aren't able to think for yourself.

I've been pretty consistent on saying everybody tries to steal signs and the issue for Michigan is not stealing them but how allegedly it is being done. My position has been clear and basically every former player and current coach has said the same thing. Stop being dense.

Now here is were that pic gets interesting: if that is indeed Stallions (which it might be) then how did he get on the CMU sideline? You do realize that the CMU HC did a quick stint at Michigan before taking the the CMU job...when Stallions was an intern. They knew each other...don't you wonder how he might have been on another team's sidelines? Because nobody but Michigan does this stuff!

Interesting part II: there is another pic of that guy, from that night (it was a Friday), in which he has hair. Stallions happens to be bald/shaves his head. There is a pic of him (which is very real) on the Michigan sideline the very next day (Saturday) and all of a sudden he happens to be bald again. And no goatee...that part is easy...he shaved his goatee...but how did he grow hair for a single night as he didnt have hair just a week before?

Being 100% honest...I'm not trying to convince you it wasn't him...rather explaining to you that you are a fool to take everything you read on social media as fact...hell...I could start a blog, say it is all fact and you'd probably quote me to say it makes it true...because it fits your narrative...that's because you aren't able to think for yourself.
Are you paid to do damage control?

Big Ten coaches push for punishment of Michigan in recent video call​

Brock Heilig • Maize&BlueReview
Staff Writer
@brockheilig

In a report put out by ESPN's Pete Thamel late Wednesday night, Big Ten coaches are joining together to push for immediate punishment of Michigan for its sign-stealing scandal. Thamel's report comes on the heels of Michigan's suspension of Connor Stalions, who is under investigation for spearheading the alleged sign-stealing system.

According to the report, "a vast majority of the Big Ten coaches expressed their frustrations with the ongoing signal-stealing investigation at Michigan in a video call with commissioner Tony Petitti on Wednesday."

The video call amongst the Big Ten coaches lasted approximately 90 minutes, with roughly 60 minuets spent without Jim Harbaugh in attendance. Harbaugh "hung up after the regularly scheduled Big Ten business to allow the conference's coaches to speak freely about the NCAA's investigation into Michigan."

According to sources familiar with the call, Big Ten coaches used words such as "tainted," "fraudulent" and "unprecedented" to describe Michigan's alleged sign-stealing scandal.

According to the article, one source said, "collectively, the coaches want the Big Ten to act -- right now. What are we waiting on? We know what happened."

Another source chimed in:
"People don't understand the seriousness of it. How it truly impacted the game plan. To truly know if it's a run or a pass, people don't understand how much of an advantage that was for Michigan."

One source even went as far as to say that "every game" Michigan plays "is tainted."

Big Ten coaches explained to Petitti in the call the schematic advantage behind the alleged sign-stealing.
Michigan was recently ranked No. 3 in the first edition of the College Football Playoff rankings. In the rankings release, CFP committee chair Boo Corrigan said the committee viewed the allegations "as an NCAA issue, not a CFP issue."

Additionally, Bill Hancock, the Executive Director of the CFP, said, "the fact of the matter is that no one knows what happened... the committee makes its judgments based on what happened on the field, and clearly Michigan has been a dominant team."

"You have to remember that these are allegations at this point and not facts... all this committee does is judge what happens on the field during games."

Michigan is set to host Purdue at the Big House on Saturday night at 7:30 p.m.
---

Big Ten coaches push for punishment of Michigan in recent video call​

Brock Heilig • Maize&BlueReview
Staff Writer
@brockheilig

In a report put out by ESPN's Pete Thamel late Wednesday night, Big Ten coaches are joining together to push for immediate punishment of Michigan for its sign-stealing scandal. Thamel's report comes on the heels of Michigan's suspension of Connor Stalions, who is under investigation for spearheading the alleged sign-stealing system.

According to the report, "a vast majority of the Big Ten coaches expressed their frustrations with the ongoing signal-stealing investigation at Michigan in a video call with commissioner Tony Petitti on Wednesday."

The video call amongst the Big Ten coaches lasted approximately 90 minutes, with roughly 60 minuets spent without Jim Harbaugh in attendance. Harbaugh "hung up after the regularly scheduled Big Ten business to allow the conference's coaches to speak freely about the NCAA's investigation into Michigan."

According to sources familiar with the call, Big Ten coaches used words such as "tainted," "fraudulent" and "unprecedented" to describe Michigan's alleged sign-stealing scandal.

According to the article, one source said, "collectively, the coaches want the Big Ten to act -- right now. What are we waiting on? We know what happened."

Another source chimed in:
"People don't understand the seriousness of it. How it truly impacted the game plan. To truly know if it's a run or a pass, people don't understand how much of an advantage that was for Michigan."

One source even went as far as to say that "every game" Michigan plays "is tainted."

Big Ten coaches explained to Petitti in the call the schematic advantage behind the alleged sign-stealing.
Michigan was recently ranked No. 3 in the first edition of the College Football Playoff rankings. In the rankings release, CFP committee chair Boo Corrigan said the committee viewed the allegations "as an NCAA issue, not a CFP issue."

Additionally, Bill Hancock, the Executive Director of the CFP, said, "the fact of the matter is that no one knows what happened... the committee makes its judgments based on what happened on the field, and clearly Michigan has been a dominant team."

"You have to remember that these are allegations at this point and not facts... all this committee does is judge what happens on the field during games."

Michigan is set to host Purdue at the Big House on Saturday night at 7:30 p.m.
---

The other B1G coaches are right. When Michigan's D knows what's coming (a run or a pass), that gives then a huge advantage. How dominant will they now be moving foward when they don't know their opponent's signs?

No wonder Michigan State almost didn't play them (they had to change all of their signals).

The Michigan Defensive Coordinaor was clearly in on it; we all saw the video of Stalions next to him, helping him call the defense. Harblow had to know.

What a mess.

The other B1G coaches are right. When Michigan's D knows what's coming (a run or a pass), that gives then a huge advantage. How dominant will they now be moving foward when they don't know their opponent's signs?

No wonder Michigan State almost didn't play them (they had to change all of their signals).

The Michigan Defensive Coordinaor was clearly in on it; we all saw the video of Stalions next to him, helping him call the defense. Harblow had to know.

What a mess.
Hoping both Penn State and Ohio State can beat them and effectively take care of it. I think Jim leaves for NFL.

Such a big shot you are. Involved in the Michigan football program and also having inside knowledge of Iowa's program. You walk on rare ground sir! Yet, here you are. Running your mouth on an Iowa message board. Fakers like you are my favorite type. You'll be gone soon enough.

Hoping both Penn State and Ohio State can beat them and effectively take care of it. I think Jim leaves for NFL.
well the b1g knows how to arrange for the result it wants. so if they deem it necessary mi will not make the ccg

It always amazes me how whenever we discuss a different team on our boards, some fan of theirs will immediately show up to deny all the allegations. They must have nothing to do with their time except to monitor all the sports forums to make sure no one is making disparaging remarks about their beloved team, no matter how true they may be.

Urbs weighs in:

Urban Meyer says Michigan football sign-stealing allegations are 'hard for me to believe'​

Gabriela Carroll, Columbus Dispatch
Thu, November 2, 2023 at 11:29 AM CDT·2 min read

Former Ohio State football coach Urban Meyer has been silent on the Michigan sign-stealing allegations – until now.

Meyer, who left Ohio State after the 2018 season with a 7-0 record vs. Michigan, said he's skeptical of the reporting implicating the Wolverines and staff member Connor Stalions in an illegal scouting and sign-stealing scheme.

One reason? He's skeptical of reporters in general.

What Urban Meyer said about Michigan sign-stealing scandal​

"This is really the first time, because it’s you and a guy I respect – so I’m very cautious," Meyer said this week on his podcast, "Urban's Take with Tim May."

"I’ve been asked over 100 times to comment on it and I just won’t. But I am going to, I’ll tell you my thoughts: First of all I’m very skeptical of reporters' reporting. My experience is they’re wrong most of the time. And that’s not a shot at the media, that’s reality. People say things that they’re reporting that’s just not true. So I’m going to give the benefit of the doubt saying, first of all it’s hard for me to believe that is true."

But Meyer, who went 4-0 against Michigan's Jim Harbaugh, also pushed back on the idea that every program does things like what Michigan has been accused of, and said the allegations, if true, are "egregious."

Stalions specifically has been accused of being the ringleader in an in-person scouting scheme to capture signals at more than 30 games across multiple seasons. The scheme hasn't been linked back to Harbaugh.

"I also heard people say that 'Well, everyone does that.' And Tim, no one does that," Meyer continued. "I’ve never heard of that in 40 years of being around the game. There’s a very clear … and that rule, some will say it’s not that important. Once again, everybody is entitled to their opinion. If they know your signals, it is that important. You’re changing the game. That’s very egregious if that’s what happened. I’m not saying it did, because I’m still skeptical it did."

This article originally appeared on Nashville Tennessean: Urban Meyer: Michigan football sign-stealing scandal hard to believe

Travel around the different boards - all over the country - and everyone pretty much agrees that the Michigan program is trash. I don't think there's any question now how they got so good in 2021 and 2022. harbaugh basically did whatever it took to beat OSU

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT