ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Nebraska Would Owe Frost $26 Million If Fired This Year

E3YxK95.gif

This is just stupid. Yes Nebraska sucks. They've lost 10 straight and they just can't seem to come to grips with the reality that they are currently a bottom dweller and their golden boy has failed to right the ship. But they are improving and will get better. The question is, will they get to the point where their fans will be satisfied? Who knows. But he will be...and should...be given time.

This is just stupid. Yes Nebraska sucks. They've lost 10 straight and they just can't seem to come to grips with the reality that they are currently a bottom dweller and their golden boy has failed to right the ship. But they are improving and will get better. The question is, will they get to the point where their fans will be satisfied? Who knows. But he will be...and should...be given time.

He will be given at least 3 years minimum no matter what. And Nebraska will improve sooner than later so this talk is moot.

How you all forget KFs 1-10 start. Not like Iowa has never been down that road. This obsession with Nebby is ridiculous. How Cares what they do. Not like Iowa is the darlings of college football.

If they fire him before year three they will not get a quality hire. From firing guys who won to then firing their apparent “savior” no one would want that job.

Why not? Coach a couple of years and get paid for 5? Great gig!

How you all forget KFs 1-10 start. Not like Iowa has never been down that road. This obsession with Nebby is ridiculous. How Cares what they do. Not like Iowa is the darlings of college football.
Are you that stupid not to realize it’s literally two people (probably with multiple accounts) posting all these Nub threads on our board? Then again, I’m probably responding to one of them.

Reactions: DougFHawkeye
Way back (20 years?) when the sports internet was started it was explained as an easy alternative to guys drinking beers in a bar and talking sports. You can drink your beer at home and talk to guys who are fans of your favorite team.

In the world we live in internet anonymity is a good thing. Unfortunately anybody can slap a logo of your favorite team on his posts and claim to be a fan- even if he hates your team.

It is dishonest and dishonorable, but there are people in the population who don't care about honesty or honor. Just the way they were raised, I suppose.

There will be arguments that it is the internet, it is what it is, and anything goes. Honesty and honor are qualities you have in you or you don't. Abandoning them for social media is abandoning them. Some posters don't have any problem with that.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
I love it. OP can start as many Husker misery threads he wants. After all these years of having to listen to Husker fans run their mouths I am going to enjoy and savor this glorious losing streak they are on.

Yes, Frost will eventually right the ship and they will improve. I disagree that this is anything similar to KF's start at Iowa because the cupboard was bare at Iowa while Frost has inherited some talent from many highly rated recruiting classes.

Now, will Nebaska become a NC contender like Husker fans want? We'll see, I doubt it. But for right now can't we all just bask in the glory of the Husker misery? They needed to be humbled.

Reactions: spiderland
Thanks for the Nebraska thread dumb ass. He will get 3-4 years to build his team. The cupboards were bare when he arrived. Every week Nebraska thread when they lose!

You think kf would be 0-6 with that team? I highly doubt it.
There is no reason for them to not have any wins. Frost seems like a shitty coach to me. Maybe he is a good recruiter and schemer but seems to be a crappy coach so far....

He will get them to 9 win seasons eventually but it might be year 4 before that happens. But will 9 win seasons be enough? Or are 9-4 seasons simply unacceptable?

You think kf would be 0-6 with that team? I highly doubt it.
There is no reason for them to not have any wins. Frost seems like a shitty coach to me. Maybe he is a good recruiter and schemer but seems to be a crappy coach so far....
Yes I do believe Coach Ferentz would be 0-6 with that team. Coach Frost has to turn the culture around- the number of recruiting stars is not a sign of the players desire to excel on the field. Coach Frost is weeding out the loses on the team.

Yes I do believe Coach Ferentz would be 0-6 with that team. Coach Frost has to turn the culture around- the number of recruiting stars is not a sign of the players desire to excel on the field. Coach Frost is weeding out the loses on the team.
KF wouldn't allow the non stop bs mistakes that they continue to make. They'd be on the bench for someone with more brain and less skill.
He wouldn't do something as dumb as going for 4th in OT yesterday.

KF wouldn't allow the non stop bs mistakes that they continue to make. They'd be on the bench for someone with more brain and less skill.
He wouldn't do something as dumb as going for 4th in OT yesterday.
No he would have sat on the ball and played for overtime, i.e. the OSU loss with Vandy filling in.

One thing is for sure..KF wouldn't have thrown his team (to include some coaches) under the bus six games into the season like Frost has.

As far as Frost taking over a team that according to recruiting services is "talented"...I like how some on here are saying you can't go by that but when KF brings in a class that isn't nearly as high as what Frost inherited...their opinion is that KF needs to recruit better so they can compete for championships.

Anyways, Frost may indeed get Nebraska back to championship level football...however, seeing how his tenure has started...more so with how he has handled his press conferences and failures as a coach himself...I wouldn't be holding my breath.

Reactions: H4wkfan4life
They are not going to fire him. They will win the West next year and the B1G Championship in year 3 or 4. At least that is what a lot of Husker fans have told me.

This is all about re-educating the fan base,.... Frost will turn this around in 3-4 years but Husker fans need to learn to be more realistic,... This season will create a lot of realists....

One thing is for sure..KF wouldn't have thrown his team (to include some coaches) under the bus six games into the season like Frost has.

As far as Frost taking over a team that according to recruiting services is "talented"...I like how some on here are saying you can't go by that but when KF brings in a class that isn't nearly as high as what Frost inherited...their opinion is that KF needs to recruit better so they can compete for championships.

Anyways, Frost may indeed get Nebraska back to championship level football...however, seeing how his tenure has started...more so with how he has handled his press conferences and failures as a coach himself...I wouldn't be holding my breath.
SF is a good coach. But he's in year 3 of being a head coach. He will be fine, so will Nebraska. But there is plenty of learning to go along with it, including some things I think he wish he had handled differently in the media. He's not seasoned with the media like KF is. He's never had to deal with losing like this before and he's learning on-the-fly how frustrating that can be.

I don't care what he says in the media at this point, really, I just want to see improvement on the field. Did Nebraska melt down on Saturday after being up 28-14 with 10 mins to go and up 31-21 with 5 mins to go? Yup. Learning how to play well and learning how to win aren't the same. Nebraska is playing better football than it was 4 weeks ago, and right now, that's what matters.

If nothing else, this year is good for fan expectations - I thought Nebraska would win 6-7 games this year, and hopefully be in the running next year to compete with the top teams in the West - but maybe some of those with through-the-roof expectations will chill the F out. At least they should. Unfortunately, some of them think they know how to solve the programs issues better than a D1 coaching staff, and at times like this, that can be the most stressful part of coaching at a program like this. Fans allow zero room for mistakes, which is pretty unreasonable.

Reactions: garberhawkeye
SF is a good coach. But he's in year 3 of being a head coach. He will be fine, so will Nebraska. But there is plenty of learning to go along with it, including some things I think he wish he had handled differently in the media. He's not seasoned with the media like KF is. He's never had to deal with losing like this before and he's learning on-the-fly how frustrating that can be.

I don't care what he says in the media at this point, really, I just want to see improvement on the field. Did Nebraska melt down on Saturday after being up 28-14 with 10 mins to go and up 31-21 with 5 mins to go? Yup. Learning how to play well and learning how to win aren't the same. Nebraska is playing better football than it was 4 weeks ago, and right now, that's what matters.

If nothing else, this year is good for fan expectations - I thought Nebraska would win 6-7 games this year, and hopefully be in the running next year to compete with the top teams in the West - but maybe some of those with through-the-roof expectations will chill the F out. At least they should. Unfortunately, some of them think they know how to solve the programs issues better than a D1 coaching staff, and at times like this, that can be the most stressful part of coaching at a program like this. Fans allow zero room for mistakes, which is pretty unreasonable.
I thought Nebraska's best case scenario was to be 5-6 going into the Iowa game. Kind of like Riley's first year. I'm sure there are some stunned fans.

Reactions: sltldowney
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT