ADVERTISEMENT

Other games.

It was embarrassing for Iowa to lose to Nebraska earlier in season. I fully expect the Hawks to win the re-match in Iowa City.
It won't be close. We're down our two best defensive players, both veteran DI players, in Gary and Bandoumel. We have nothing left, and we had little to begin with. My 61st year without seeing a UNL NCAA Tournament victory. I will hold on to hope, but this is likely Hoiberg's last rodeo.

This is the least talented Wisconsin team in a while. Too bad we were without Kris in that first game, which still could have gone either way.

Reactions: HawkBall23
Indiana survives, which at the end of the day is probably good for Iowa. Need to keep Indiana in the Q1 column.

I look at IU and wonder why they are not a lot better. I think they will be tough to beat when Thompson gets totally healthy and playing as well as he was prior to Tony taking him out (most important play of that game).

I know Minnesota is trash, but Northwestern is taking them to the woodshed.

I’m really impressed with Northwestern’s guards

Northwestern going to get double bye in BTT??

(I know it’s way too early; but they might.)
That conveniently timed week off saved a NW season that was circling the drain.
Too bad Iowa could not have had a week off at the beginning of the BIG season to get our star healthy.

Mich getting crushed by PSU 64-39 with 14 .inutes left in 2nd half.
Raining 3 pointersfrom PSU
MSU getting crushed by PU at half 40-22 with a couple of tech.fts coming due to izzo blowup.
Bad day for the state of Michigan.
Both could fall to 5-5 which is where Hawks would be if they can beat RU

Mich getting crushed by PSU 64-39 with 14 .inutes left in 2nd half.
Raining 3 pointersfrom PSU
MSU getting crushed by PU at half 40-22 with a couple of tech.fts coming due to izzo blowup.
Bad day for the state of Michigan.
Both could fall to 5-5 which is where Hawks would be if they can beat RU
Michigan will fall to 0-8 against Q1 opponents and with this blowout their already flimsy metrics are going to tank. Would expect a 20+ spot drop in the NET today.

All of that to say, Michigan will not be making the NCAA tournament this season.

Reactions: longliveCS40
ISU just lost to a team that hadn’t won a game in the conference coming into tonight and was playing without two of its top four players.

🤣

2nd loss in a row for clones.
Guess holding out a couple guys vs Mizzou did not work out for tj.

Too bad...so sad.

Reactions: chaneccooms
Keep an eye on Iowa State. Blownout by Missouri. Collapsed against Texas Tech. They host Kansas Saturday. There isn't a get-right game left for them. They don't get Oklahoma in Hilton until late February. They could be 16-11 (7-8) by then.

Reactions: chaneccooms
Keep an eye on Iowa State. Blownout by Missouri. Collapsed against Texas Tech. They host Kansas Saturday. There isn't a get-right game left for them. They don't get Oklahoma in Hilton until late February. They could be 16-11 (7-8) by then.
Yep probably end up a 5 or 6 seed

Huskers hanging with Illini down 24-20 w 6 minutes in 1st half.
I think the Illini will win this one going away. That game Saturday is going to be an intense one.
Hopefully Clemson can get a road win tonight, would be nice to have them sitting in first as we head into February.

Who wins KState @ Kansas tonight?

Last edited:
That was unusual to say the least. Underwood, comes out of the halftime break, with 7 minutes on the clock, sitting alone on the bench.
Something has been afoul in that Illini group for sometime now. Don't worry Brad, time to get right. You are playing Debbie at home.

• Wow
Reactions: TheCainer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT