ADVERTISEMENT

**Paris Olympic Wrestling**

What a fun session! Great showing by USA so far. Ended up sitting next to Bull and Moriah. Bull gave us some Spencer head signs to use lol.

Arena is great, energy is awesome from all the different countries. The Uzbeks are definitely winning the best fan award so far. Huge Abdullaev head signs, lots of chants, would be fun to get a beer with them.

I'll try to post some pictures later on. Go USA!

Hard to imagine that he wrestling 184 and held it for an entire season just 18ish months ago
It's not hard to really hold your weight at that age. Well , it's not easy but with the level of activity these guys have it's doable.

But then when you can go up? It's awesome . He's maybe 23now, almost all the wrestlers and lifters I knew from high school to college and later went up multiple classes . You just get bigger naturally even if you're lean.

Reactions: vhsalum
During our down time this morning maybe someone can explain how they fill in the repechage brackets.

It's not hard to really hold your weight at that age. Well , it's not easy but with the level of activity these guys have it's doable.

But then when you can go up? It's awesome . He's maybe 23now, almost all the wrestlers and lifters I knew from high school to college and later went up multiple classes . You just get bigger naturally even if you're lean.
It helps when you don't have to make weight on a weekly basis and can consume sufficient calories to build muscle.

During our down time this morning maybe someone can explain how they fill in the repechage brackets.

After the semis...the losers to the finalists wrestle back for bronze. For example, Zhou will get a shot to wrestle the guy SL just beat and then wrestle the guy he hopefully beats in the semis for bronze.

Think piggyback.

Only the guys who lost to the finalist get pulled back in. And they only wrestle guys from the same side of the bracket.

After the semis...the losers to the finalists wrestle back for bronze. For example, Zhou will get a shot to wrestle the guy SL just beat and then wrestle the guy he hopefully beats in the semis for bronze.
I understand the general principle, but I can’t figure out the brackets special.

See: https://arena.uww.org/weight-category/show/1ef379eb-5caa-6dec-a689-dd679605ce33/bracket/print

Let’s say Lee and Higuchi win. That means Cruz would wrestle Sarlak in 216, and Uulu would wrestle Zou in 217? Then the winner of 216 would wrestle for Bronze against Abdulleav, while the winner of 217 would wrestle Aman? Then two bronze medals?

Reactions: Aleric1 and vhsalum
I understand the general principle, but I can’t figure out the brackets special.

See: https://arena.uww.org/weight-category/show/1ef379eb-5caa-6dec-a689-dd679605ce33/bracket/print

Let’s say Lee and Higuchi win. That means Cruz would wrestle Sarlak in 216, and Uulu would wrestle Zou in 217? Then the winner of 216 would wrestle for Bronze against Abdulleav, while the winner of 217 would wrestle Aman? Then two bronze medals?

Yup...two bronze medals. The only time that doesn't apply was in the UWW Last Chance. Zhou had to wrestle the other "bronze" for true third because only the top 3 get slots.

When Spencer woke up this morning.
Lets Go Marvel GIF by Leroy Patterson

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT