ADVERTISEMENT

**Paris Olympic Wrestling**

Scoring 4 points on that counter feels cheap. But I am not that versed in free style. I get that he tripped him but it doesn't feel like he ever had any control.
I don't like the call here but I do understand rewarding the guy who initiated action

Scoring 4 points on that counter feels cheap. But I am not that versed in free style. I get that he tripped him but it doesn't feel like he ever had any control.
Control doesn't matter in freestyle. He initiated the sequence with the kick so it's his move. Good work from Spencer to take him all the way through to pick up 2 to minimize the damage. That was dangerous.

Control doesn't matter in freestyle. He initiated the sequence with the kick so it's his move. Good work from Spencer to take him all the way through to pick up 2 to minimize the damage. That was dangerous.
My folkstyle bias is apparent. I want scoring to have some element of control. If I trip somebody and end up on my ass it doesn't feel like I should be rewarded for that. Particularly earning 4 points. 2 would be more fair. I understand that these are the rules this is just my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT