ADVERTISEMENT

**Paris Olympic Wrestling**

This match has gone like my nightmare scenario with Spencer: quick opponent consistently getting to the legs. Hope Spencer avoids Dake’s fate.
It almost looked like Dake took that match for granted...thinking like all the rest of us, that he was a lock. I'm hoping that Spencer is laser focused and doesn't fall into that mindset or fall victim to that game plan.

I didn’t understand the 2 and 2 calls on Dake lifts from his TD counters. It happened 3 times or so

yeah rarely do they call them 2 and 2 in situations like that where dake clearly stops takatani’s action. also it was generous to give takatani the 2 prior to the chest wraps they called 2 and 2.

Reactions: Inthecircle
It almost looked like Dake took that match for granted...thinking like all the rest of us, that he was a lock. I'm hoping that Spencer is laser focused and doesn't fall into that mindset or fall victim to that game plan.
I don’t question Spencer’s mentality since the last NCAA loss. Whoever said he needs to keep his hands on Higuchi is absolutely right, but also finish off his own shots decisively to the mat and give no chance for his opponent to roll or scramble through. That killed Dake.

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
Oh snap, Daichi Takatani’s older brother was the Japanese wrestler that Dake worked 10-0 in that World Cup in Iowa City. Family redemption.

I blame BWI 😂...they cursed Dake giving him the "Best we've ever seen him...Cael and NLWC deserve a lot of credit for his offense." Every time they do that, their guy is beat in the next match.

Feel horrible for Dake; was hoping he would climb this final mountain. Illustrious career.

Turns out, we should have been worried about more than Russians.

If Spencer doesn’t keep his feet moving, it will be a long match. The Japanese operate from space. Spencer has to get his hands on him and go quickly to his TD.

I think if there is one guy that Spencer has watched the most, it's Higuchi. This could be good and bad. Bad in the sense that there may be too much respect there and he wrestles too careful and gets picked apart.

Reactions: Inthecircle
Dake had problems with that single leg when they wrestled in 2023. Surprised he didn't seem to be better prepared for it this time.

That Iran 125kg wrestler that won his semi is the oldest looking 23 year old I’ve ever seen. No chance he is clean
Maybe, but he's been around for a while and never popped. I think he was balding as an 18 year old wrestling in juniors.

Such a shame we never got to see him vs. Gable. Two phenoms.

Try this link for 30-minute preview:

When your preview runs out, try it in incognito or another browser - so, if you're using Chrome and your 30 minutes runs out, use Firefox and get another 30 minutes, then another browser. It's a little strange, but it works. I did this for a few matches before I realized I could sign in using my YouTube TV account!!!

paper bag GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT