ADVERTISEMENT

**Paris Olympic Wrestling**

Spencer gets front head lock. At the edge. Can’t get behind. Gets the push out but grounded.

Same thing happened again. Can’t get it. Japan staying grounded. Should be caution and 1 he isn’t doing anything to circle back or come up. Push out grounded again. 2-2

Short time Spencer gets under hook and tries a desperation throw with 5 seconds left. Can’t get it and 2 Japan. 4-2 final Japan wins

Fuuuuuuuuuuu

Nice fight. Great match

Heart break

Man, that felt depressingly similar to NCAA finals for a lot of our guys: tons of energy, some good defense, but couldn’t get to the offense on the elite guy when he needed it most. Super proud of Spencer though.

THANK YOU, Spencer!! Worth the 10-year wait! Don’t you dare hang your head.
There’s no world where one-fluke-pony Ramos sniffs Olympic Silver (or even makes an Oly team), so I say “redemption F-ing complete!” . . . and if the creek don’t rise and knees don’t break, come back for gold in LA!

USA wrestling IQ has been atrocious throughout all weights. Brooks, Dake, Parris, and Lee all lacking wrestling smarts.

How about less meathead culture and more strategic thinking.

34cc540e2a27d7af_giphy-1.gif

I thought he would win gold and call it a career. Now seems like a lot of uncertainty. Hope he gives it another quad and his body holds up.

I have to believe he is ready to move on. He was definitely happy to be done with college. His knees are still a mess. Maintaining 125 is a painful lifestyle. He has good career options, and I suspect the prospect of spending four more years in this grind - with no guarantee of it paying off - isn't very tempting.

Is there no stalling? If you're getting pushed out, just drop to your knees? I see passive rules, didn't think Spencer was particularly passive when called for it.
I didn’t like it either, but it wasn’t an awful call either. And in the end, it spurred Spencer on and he gained a point from the push out.
What is it with international competitions where you can win by tying?
If the scoring had been reversed, we’d have been annoyed that we had a two point takedown and could have lost in OT to a guy who only had pushouts. It’s a good rule that encourages exciting wrestling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT