ADVERTISEMENT

**Paris Olympic Wrestling**

Saw Greece had a guy in the bronze match and was like "Wow, good for them!" and then I saw it was Kurugliev lol.

Maybe unpopular, but I love seeing the Russian transfers. So many deserving guys have been buried on that depth chart and now they're getting a chance to show how good they are. Makes for better brackets too. Somewhat mitigates the no "real" Russians at this Olympics.

USA wrestling IQ has been atrocious throughout all weights. Brooks, Dake, Parris, and Lee all lacking wrestling smarts.

How about less meathead culture and more strategic thinking.

You are a straight up ****tard. Meathead moves would have been to continually walk into Higuchi. Spencer was trying to win it on IQ moves.

Lee took silver and Brooks just took bronze. Brooks was in a bow and arrow and refused to turn where most would have and ended up losing in the last few seconds. Both are in their first senior lvl tourney.

You are a straight up ****tard. Meathead moves would have been to continually walk into Higuchi. Spencer was trying to win it on IQ moves.

Lee took silver and Brooks just took bronze. Brooks was in a bow and arrow and refused to turn where most would have and ended up losing in the last few seconds. Both are in their first senior lvl tourney.
Don’t waste your time with this meathead. Put him on ignore.

I'll say it one more time....

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

Great Olympics by Spencer. We've seen how hard it is to even make the Olympics (needed the last chance qualifier). Heck... His opponent was silver in 16', but failed to make the Japanese team for Tokyo 😳.... Only to win Gold today

But still...

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

I feel like between Spencer's Match and after watching the end Amine's match the sport is really not putting it's best foot foot forward as far as rewarding defense inaction and stalling. Not saying either guy should not have lost but it sure doesn't look like effort at the end is paying off.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
I thought Spencer once said his goal was two gold medals. I don’t see him giving up after taking a silver. Back in LA would be epic, especially if he can win worlds in between. Freestyle suffers from the same thing as NCAA championships. The big matches or championship matches are generally a toss up and whoever can work the system and win the finite details takes the victory.

Should've picked a Penn State wrestler to compete at the Olympics. He would've been able to take enough roids and have enough "fun" to beat the supposedly unbeatable Japanese wrestler.

After all, isn't PSU where all the real Olympic hopefuls are suppose to be going for the foreseeable future to train to be Olympic champions?.........................

• Haha
Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Admittedly, I don't follow wrestling very much but I thought NCAA had sudden victory?
2 minutes of sudden victory then 2 thirty second ride outs. But what happens if nobody scores in the rideouts…

My personal opinion is having criteria is better and makes more action in general. The same with passivity and shot clock. I prefer the push out too.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Sorry bible beater, they don’t interview the loser. But i noticed you failing to mention the “praising the lord” bullsh*t didn’t appear in defeat.

My guess is that AB will mention the Lord in his interviews and believe everything went according to His plan. That's how Christians roll, generally.

But please, hate on you small, little man.

I’d love to see another elite coach start to work with Spencer, and some new elite sparring partners to work with. Obviously he’s REALLY close, and I think a few new styles of coaching and training would only help get him over the top. Never stop evolving, all while keeping the real keys to what got him here. Gold in LA would be so, so sweet.

I think if there is one guy that Spencer has watched the most, it's Higuchi. This could be good and bad. Bad in the sense that there may be too much respect there and he wrestles too careful and gets picked apart.
Spencer did his homework for sure. Higuchi was stronger than I thought and his quickness showed. I don’t think he was too careful. He would have paid the price for a bad move and wouldn’t have had a chance to win in the end.

I am just venting, but it just felt like we were due for something amazing. For the past several years it just feels like we have been denied, like we cannot have nice things. I thought we were going to win in 2020, denied. Back to back? Denied. Kemerer wins a title! Denied. Fine, but Spencer will when his fourth title, the first Hawkeye to ever do so! That cannot be taken away! Denied.

I know he lost to a worthy opponent, still quite a feat. Nothing to have shame about. But again it just felt like something amazing was coming and it is so disappointing coming up short again.

Also another reminder of just have ludicrously hard it is to win Olympic gold. I think about all the amazing wrestlers Penn State has had and they only have 1 gold to show, and even that was but the slimmest of margins.

Last edited:
All comes down to if he can stop Lee's par terre.

But he has to take him down first.

2 minutes of sudden victory then 2 thirty second ride outs. But what happens if nobody scores in the rideouts…

My personal opinion is having criteria is better and makes more action in general. The same with passivity and shot clock. I prefer the push out too.
Pretty sure the winner of the rideouts is awarded one point so the match doesn't end in a tie

Reactions: vhsalum
I’d love to see another elite coach start to work with Spencer, and some new elite sparring partners to work with. Obviously he’s REALLY close, and I think a few new styles of coaching and training would only help get him over the top. Never stop evolving, all while keeping the real keys to what got him here. Gold in LA would be so, so sweet.

Saw Greece had a guy in the bronze match and was like "Wow, good for them!" and then I saw it was Kurugliev lol.

Maybe unpopular, but I love seeing the Russian transfers. So many deserving guys have been buried on that depth chart and now they're getting a chance to show how good they are. Makes for better brackets too. Somewhat mitigates the no "real" Russians at this Olympics.
Japan is the new Russia in wrestling anyways. That country is such a crap show in every way. Their evil dunce dictator has ruined his country’s sports programs for a generation.

Pretty sure the winner of the rideouts is awarded one point so the match doesn't end in a tie
How do u win the ride outs? If you have 1 second more of RT. I guess I don’t look at that point being awarded as actually scoring. It’s just another criteria. And my issue with the OT In ncaa vs international criteria victory is it creates more in match action and not hanging on for OT

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT