ADVERTISEMENT

Parris

Given that Parris was not able to get past Jennings at Midlands, one has to assume Dhesi is rusty and/or not quite in wrestling shape.

There is little doubt that Dhesi was both,however Parris's loss to Jennings was a straight up freshman mistake. The match would have gone to OT where Parris had shown a considerable advantage and he instead tried a very ill-advised roll with short time left and Jennings was able to squeak out a 2 count to win. If Parris just simply lets it get to OT, I highly doubt Jennings would have lasted that minute without giving up the TD.

There is little doubt that Dhesi was both,however Parris's loss to Jennings was a straight up freshman mistake. The match would have gone to OT where Parris had shown a considerable advantage and he instead tried a very ill-advised roll with short time left and Jennings was able to squeak out a 2 count to win. If Parris just simply lets it get to OT, I highly doubt Jennings would have lasted that minute without giving up the TD.

The fact that the match vs. Jennings was close tells me all I need to know about where Dhesi is at the moment.

Parris was 100% gassed. Would have been shocked if he won in OT

Given that Parris was not able to get past Jennings at Midlands, one has to assume Dhesi is rusty and/or not quite in wrestling shape.

Exactly, Dhesi sucked in his early season bouts last year at Midlands where he lost 9-2 to Jennings and got stuck by Hemida. Any #1 rank for him was based on past history. Parris just lost to unranked Jennings and #19 Stencel. I noticed Stencel is just a soph, big dude, only loss was by injury default to Hall.

To me the mistake was choosing down vs Jennings, he chooses neutral and they spend 5 of the 7 minutes of the match on their feet and Parris wins.

Reactions: WiscoWrastler
Exactly, Dhesi sucked in his early season bouts last year at Midlands where he lost 9-2 to Jennings and got stuck by Hemida. Any #1 rank for him was based on past history. Parris just lost to unranked Jennings and #19 Stencel. I noticed Stencel is just a soph, big dude, only loss was by injury default to Hall.
Stencil got stuck I think, early in season. Cass,I think.

Good. It lets the rankers install Gable as #1 like he should be and gets rid of all the BS posturing about it. We're halfway through the season and all of the top guys have hit enough guys to know who's who.

Reactions: crablegs1
Yeah, 14 second. Must have been an upper body lock up. Stencel ended up on top in round 2. Stencel looks to be a good sized dude who is dangerous enough that you better not make a habit of going 50/50 moves with him. Better make sure you have the better hold.
Parris is a super stud

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT