ADVERTISEMENT

Perkins and PMac

I'm sorry. 500k is too much for TP. I could maybe envision 20-50k for one year but 500k? If that's what a player of Perkins ability costs, there is no way I could donate enough to make it worthwhile to get elite players. 500k should be exceptional and reserved for program changing players that are one and done that only blue bloods can afford. College basketball is in trouble if this is the case. People will watch less and less especially after seeing how large programs like Iowa can't even afford to keep up. Very few will be able to.
QB's out of High School who have never taken a college snap are getting 9 - 10 million.

We will never win a game operating under your budget assessments.

Perkins is a 4 year player. He’s experienced, he’s started 2 years and he was 2nd team all conference. He’s versatile as he can play multiple positions. This is is what’s happening. It’s why it’s tough for true Freshmen to get playing time at a lot of places.

QB's out of High School who have never taken a college snap are getting 9 - 10 million.

We will never win a game operating under your budget assessments.
Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America

And this is why Iowa is already heading towards the bottom of the barrel in the big ten!
There are far more reasons than that.

1999: last time Iowa played on 2nd weekend of NCAAs.

1987: last elite 8

1980: Last time Iowa played in the final four.

1979: last B1G championship.

Mediocrity is the reason Iowa is floundering and unable to get "pledge money"

There are far more reasons than that.

1999: last time Iowa played on 2nd weekend of NCAAs.

1987: last elite 8

1980: Last time Iowa played in the final four.

1979: last B1G championship.

Mediocrity is the reason Iowa is floundering and unable to get "pledge money"
That’s all true as well!

I thought Pat would have had enough of ball at this point. If he wants to keep playing, it's good for him that it's going to be somewhere else. Hope he can have fun and enjoy his last season.

He's listed nationally as the 22nd best player in the portal, $500K is not out of the question regarding what his value will be.
He's not worth it with the lack of effort he puts forth. If I'm paying 1/2 million to someone, they better be busting ass 40 minutes a game. On both ends of the floor, in the locker room & practices. Yep, I'm talkin about practice too.

Reactions: BlameIt
I wouldn't give him a penny.

He's already received $150k+ in tuition and the benefits of being a collegiate athlete (clothing/travel).

Either be a Hawkeye or don't.
That's like saying your fortune 500 company gave you free lunches and a polo last year so you don't deserve a salary even though you're helping them make billions in profits.

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
so what do you think he's worth?
I'd say somewhere around what portal players #20, and #21 get.

In simple terms you might understand I would say he is worth what the current market is paying for players in the portal who are rated in the #20 to #25 group.

You simply stated he wasn't worth the $500k Fran mentioned and then came up with some BS comments about practice habits, etc.

I'd say somewhere around what portal players #20, and #21 get.

In simple terms you might understand I would say he is worth what the current market is paying for players in the portal who are rated in the #20 to #25 group.

You simply stated he wasn't worth the $500k Fran mentioned and then came up with some BS comments about practice habits, etc.
BS comments about his lack of effort? My eyes don't lie. As a senior supposed team leader he should have been setting a tone defensively. He disappeared in most games. Sure he had a couple of spectacular games, but he was lackadaisical in most.

Sorry if you're simple mind can't see that.

Reactions: Bishop-71
I'm sorry. 500k is too much for TP. I could maybe envision 20-50k for one year but 500k? If that's what a player of Perkins ability costs, there is no way I could donate enough to make it worthwhile to get elite players. 500k should be exceptional and reserved for program changing players that are one and done that only blue bloods can afford. College basketball is in trouble if this is the case. People will watch less and less especially after seeing how large programs like Iowa can't even afford to keep up. Very few will be able to.

Perkins was second team all big ten lol. He's going to be a starter pretty much anywhere he goes.

Any college team outside of maybe like the UConn’s and Kansas’s of the world would have taken Tony in a heartbeat. I’m sure a lot of those teams wouldn’t be willing to pay 300k plus for him though.
I’m sure a lot of those teams wouldn’t be willing to pay 300k plus for him though.

Because he's not worth it! Won't take a team to the next level...

BS comments about his lack of effort? My eyes don't lie. As a senior supposed team leader he should have been setting a tone defensively. He disappeared in most games. Sure he had a couple of spectacular games, but he was lackadaisical in most.

Sorry if you're simple mind can't see that.
Averaged 14 points, 4.4 rebounds, and 4.6 assists per game for A Big Ten team and got picked up by an SEC team. If you can't see he is a good player, you have the simple mind.

LukaDuka doesn't know shit about Mens College Basketball or the NIL world.
Well enlighten me. When Perkins says it's not about the money, then goes to the worst team.... what does that tell you? He sure as shit isn't leading Mizzou to the NCAA's. He isn't a leader, period.

Why are you saying they didn't? Do you have some kind of insider knowledge? I'm sure he got offers from multiple teams.
More than Mizzou? If it's not about the money, what is it about? Winning? Then wtf is he doing at Mizzou?

More than Mizzou? If it's not about the money, what is it about? Winning? Then wtf is he doing at Mizzou?
I don't know. You don't know. We don't know. Perhaps he has an old AAU coach at Mizzou. Perhaps Mizzou was offering the most money.

You said top 100 programs didn't offer Tony money to come play and that's just silly.

He had widdled the list down to: Arkansas, Indiana, Missouri, Oklahoma, Ole Miss and Oregon. Those aren't top 100 programs?

We get it. You hate Tony. You think he wasn't good or a leader. Major program division 1 coaches disagree. I'm going to have to side with them on this one. Call me crazy.

Reactions: littlez
I don't know. You don't know. We don't know. Perhaps he has an old AAU coach at Mizzou. Perhaps Mizzou was offering the most money.

You said top 100 programs didn't offer Tony money to come play and that's just silly.

He had widdled the list down to: Arkansas, Indiana, Missouri, Oklahoma, Ole Miss and Oregon. Those aren't top 100 programs?

We get it. You hate Tony. You think he wasn't good or a leader. Major program division 1 coaches disagree. I'm going to have to side with them on this one. Call me crazy.

Those teams may have "contacted" Tony, but they didn't offer the money Mizzou did I'll guarantee you that. "Widdled"? lmao you must be from Missouri Southern..... try whittling that....

cutting how to GIF

Those teams may have "contacted" Tony, but they didn't offer the money Mizzou did I'll guarantee you that. "Widdled"? lmao you must be from Missouri Southern..... try whittling that....

cutting how to GIF
They offered him a scholarship. Probably never know what beyond that. I’m sure it wasn’t up to whatever he’s getting at Missouri because those other schools are pretty established basketball brands, outside of Ole Miss.

They offered him a scholarship. Probably never know what beyond that. I’m sure it wasn’t up to whatever he’s getting at Missouri because those other schools are pretty established basketball brands, outside of Ole Miss.
maybe some did, just shows you IT WAS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!

Tom Cruise GIF by Jerology

cutting how to GIF
When you have no leg to stand on you have to resort to ad hominem attacks. Sad.

You think those teams weren't offering Tony money? You think Iowa didn't offer Tony money? Our own god damn coach said we couldn't afford him.

Your takes are terrible. You obviously don't understand the value of a 5th year senior with Big Ten starting experience. Coming from the guy talking so much about "leadership" that's hilarious.

When you have no leg to stand on you have to resort to ad hominem attacks. Sad.

You think those teams quentin offering Tony money? You think Iowa didn't offer Tony money? Our own god damn coach said we couldn't afford him.

Your takes are terrible. You obviously don't understand the value of a 5th year senior with Big Ten starting experience. Coming from the guy talking so much about "leadership" that's hilarious.
Especially when everyone talks about the portal and how Iowa can replace Tony. Have they looked at the guys Iowa is supposedly in on?!?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT