ADVERTISEMENT

Personal finances of Walz and Vance show stark differences

Maybe you grew up Catholic. Seems like they did a good job Americanizing you in Dport public schools. Apologia for cutthroat greed and looking down on those with different values has to be taught by Calvinists
What 'cutthroat greed'?

This dude decided to not save for his old age.

What religion teaches about the ant and the grasshopper?

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Maybe you grew up Catholic. Seems like they did a good job Americanizing you in Dport public schools. Apologia for cutthroat greed and looking down on those with different values has to be taught by Calvinists
*I grew up an alter boy in the catholic church.

But my life is complex in that sense. My mom moved to waukee where, like a absolute heathen,I tried fitting in with the country club west kids and once a month I would go home to visit my dad on the west end.

And the whole time I wanted to be on my.uncles farm in Stockton 😄

Nope. Not interested either. Bet a majority of voters haven’t either.
You should watch it. He had a very difficult childhood in a very dysfunctional family. I felt for sorry for young JD. I wish the movie would have included more about his overcoming his circumstances than it did. I'm sure the book was more in depth than the movie, but most of his life portrayed in the movie was depressing.

Reactions: Sullivan
The Wall Street journal has a pretty in depth look. Walz is kind of an everyday guy with a middle of the road salary and net worth. Vance is a venture capitalist. What doesn’t seem right about it?
Someone that cant manage their own finances certainly shouldn't run mine. Even if one makes an argument that he is relying on his pension, that is a mistake not to have a backup plan. This just conforms he's a big government guy that believes the government is the guardian of the common man. I dont believe that.

Walz:
Leftist? Check.

*I grew up an alter boy in the catholic church.

But my life is complex in that sense. My mom moved to waukee where, like a absolute heathen,I tried fitting in with the country club west kids and once a month I would go home to visit my dad on the west end.

And the whole time I wanted to be on my.uncles farm in Stockton 😄
Altar boy. A bride is left at the altar. I did that and I also went to Catholic school through 8th grade where as part of the curriculum you do public service. Not Jesuit school, I don't know if we have any of those in Iowa. Closest I can think of is Creighton. The reason to note it was not Jesuit school is because it was like most other Catholic K-8s in the upper Midwest which were sponsored by working class immigrant parishes and subsidized by the congregation because early public schools explicitly wanted to "Americanize" Catholic immigrants so that their religious values wouldn't interfere with business

Altar boy. A bride is left at the altar. I did that and I actually went to Catholic school where as part of the curriculum you do public service. Not Jesuit school, I don't know if we have any of those in Iowa. Closest I can think of is Creighton. The reason to note it was not Jesuit school is because it was like most other Catholic K-8s in the upper Midwest which were sponsored by working class immigrant parishes and subsidized by the congregation because early public schools explicitly wanted to "Americanize" Catholic immigrants so that their religious values wouldn't interfere with business
As a guy who went to St. Alfonsos and St Boniface..... there were zero immigrants.

Holy shit, I just put together you are the went to Catholic school, provably got way inundatwd with a bunch of dumb shit, did a bunch of drugs, **** the man, guy, my buddy Denny is 100% same vein.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
I didn't say anything about Vance's financial success, good for him. The idea that Walz's financial situation hurts him politically just does not compute. Last I checked, something like 40% of Americans don't own any stocks

Is that 40% from the brighter or dimmer half of the populace?

Honestly.

So Trump and his numerous bankruptcies, not to mention his fraudulent fake charity, should absolutely disqualify him from the presidency right?
No. He is demonstrably successful. You may not agree with the way he has taken advantage of our laws but he has been a huge financial success. AND....he has been President and we know how the economy was while he was. That record of success is also critical evidence of his expertise.

Many politicians have charities of questionable legality IMO.

Someone that cant manage their own finances certainly shouldn't run mine. Even if one makes an argument that he is relying on his pension, that is a mistake not to have a backup plan. This just conforms he's a big government guy that believes the government is the guardian of the common man. I dont believe that.

Walz:
Leftist? Check.

The big guy had similar finances, until he became Vice President and began doing business with China, Ukraine, and Russia.

Reactions: Gus is dead
No. He is demonstrably successful. You may not agree with the way he has taken advantage of our laws but he has been a huge financial success. AND....he has been President and we know how the economy was while he was. That record of success is also critical evidence of his expertise.

Many politicians have charities of questionable legality IMO.
Please post a link to the average annual return Trump has generated on his massive inheritance? I have seen estimates online that he has done far worse than the S&P 500 average. Along the way he has scammed, cheated, lied and committed fraud just for mediocre returns.

If inheriting a fortune and turning it into a slightly larger fortune is “success” then it seems like you would be a fan of the aristocracy and all that it entails.

As a guy who went to St. Alfonsos and St Boniface..... there were zero immigrants.

Holy shit, I just put together you are the went to Catholic school, provably got way inundatwd with a bunch of dumb shit, did a bunch of drugs, **** the man, guy, my buddy Denny is 100% same vein.
St. Alphonsus

SMFH

Please post a link to the average annual return Trump has generated on his massive inheritance? I have seen estimates online that he has done far worse than the S&P 500 average. Along the way he has scammed, cheated, lied and committed fraud just for mediocre returns.

If inheriting a fortune and turning it into a slightly larger fortune is “success” then it seems like you would be a fan of the aristocracy and all that it entails.
I am a fan of the accumulation of wealth. And if one is able to accumulate wealth, they should be able to pass it on to family yes.

I do not believe in the abolition of generational wealth like todays Democrat Leftists via an inheritance tax.

Reactions: seminole97
I am a fan of the accumulation of wealth. And if one is able to accumulate wealth, they should be able to pass it on to family yes.

I do not believe in the abolition of generational wealth like todays Democrat Leftists via an inheritance tax.
I’m a fan of a meritocracy where those who can work hard/smart get rewarded for their efforts. You know, I think I’m going to call it…capitalism.

I wasn’t arguing the merits of inheritance (although an interesting topic on its own). I’m suggesting Trump is a shitty business man who certainly isn’t successful, just born lucky into wealth

I’m a fan of a meritocracy where those who can work hard/smart get rewarded for their efforts. You know, I think I’m going to call it…capitalism.

I wasn’t arguing the merits of inheritance (although an interesting topic on its own). I’m suggesting Trump is a shitty business man who certainly isn’t successful, just born lucky into wealth
Thanks for the clarification. I don't think I implied you were anything honestly. I did make statements about the Left though.

I think many others may have been more successful with the money Trump inherited than he. But clearly, he has been successful. I mean he was wealthy before being President and had a TV show. Even then he knew how to be a showman. He just took those skills to the top. So from a whole package standpoint I dont know how one can argue he isnt a model of success in at least a superficial way.

Thanks for the clarification. I don't think I implied you were anything honestly. I did make statements about the Left though.

I think many others may have been more successful with the money Trump inherited than he. But clearly, he has been successful. I mean he was wealthy before being President and had a TV show. Even then he knew how to be a showman. He just took those skills to the top. So from a whole package standpoint I dont know how one can argue he isnt a model of success in at least a superficial way.
I will agree with you he is a great showman. In another life he would be PT Barnum no doubt. I personally don’t think that qualifies him for President and thought he was a very shitty one the first go round.

Anyway, I suppose we will have to agree to disagree on Trump, I’m sure I won’t change your mind and I know mine is made up on the scumbag.

Have a great night!

It is. Trump has been President so the 'Trumps" the assertions that he cant be President.

Walz has been a governor. And ran Minnesota into the ground while he was.
God only knows what your first sentence means and Walz won his reelection in 2022 by 8.5 points. Kinda flies in the face of your “ran Minnesota into the ground” argument.

Reactions: MitchLL
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT