ADVERTISEMENT

Pete for VP. Frankly he should be POTUS

A woman running for President is enough risk due to some people having to overcome their prejudices. I don't think it would be wise to double down with a Gay man.
Also Pete has been on TV so much trying to get attention the last month that I have found it irritating. According to him he has most often been on as a private citizen. So this was in addition to being interviewed about problems with Boeing and airline cancellations. Go back to Washington and do your job! :)

When it come to politics, Pete is about as un-American as it gets.

Wayyyyyyyy too articulate, smart, informed, knowledgeable, etc.
Yeah, he looked super smart, informed and knowledgeable on Meet the Press trying to explain where the billions of federal dollars in electric vehicle money went. I kid, he didn’t. I’ll agree though that he IS articulate. (And a snappy dresser as a bonus). The fact that he’s still known as Mayor Pete despite not being a mayor in almost 4 years tells you all you need to know. He’s small time, and would struggle to win an election on a national scale.

Yeah, he looked super smart, informed and knowledgeable on Meet the Press trying to explain where the billions of federal dollars in electric vehicle money went. I kid, he didn’t. I’ll agree though that he IS articulate. (And a snappy dresser as a bonus). The fact that he’s still known as Mayor Pete despite not being a mayor in almost 4 years tells you all you need to know. He’s small time, and would struggle to win an election on a national scale.
opponents matter, "styles make fights"

when trump tries to talk about electric vehicles, we end up with the "shark vs electrocution" rambling mess

let me know when trump clearly delivers his thoughts on the nevi program

You see what you wanna see MAGA-boi. Guy would run circles around your boy Trump.

PB would be a great President; probably the best of everyone currently available; and I think the country will be smart enough to realize that someday.

However, I doubt he helps push the Harris ticket over the top; just too progressive for too many people's tastes.

The very best thing for the country would be for Harris to win (no matter who VP is - my choice would be Kelly) and for her to name PB Secretary of State.

I'm not overly enamored with Pete, but I do think he's one of the better offerings. He's a guy that broke at just the wrong time in my opinion. He has excellent centrist potential, I believe he's a centrist at heart and can speak across the divide more like a Bill Clinton. He just came up in a time of extreme polarization forcing him further to the left policy wise than I think he'd be most comfortable, and most effective.

Jared Polis has been able to hold his centrist positioning a bit better, being a governor and not beholden to the administration or national dems so much. If we get a return to normalcy on the Democrats side and a little more to the center, Polis will be in the good position Pete probably abandoned.

I agree he is highly articulate and comes across as very bright and knowledgeable but I don’t think America is at the point just yet where he’d get the votes.
There are Americans who are serving their country well every day who are gay/lesbian but they’re still forced to lead a double life. It’s not right but maybe we’re moving in a better direction.

This seems like a good time to remind some of you this board voted overwhelmingly that Trump would chicken out of the Biden debate because he knew he couldn't compete with Joe.

Yea.... Pete would get him though.....

Reactions: ICHerky
Only in America would being in a relationship with a piece of furniture be more palatable than being in a relationship with another human being.
Who was in a relationship with furniture?

Someone actually did that or the media ran with another peabrain lie because the dems have zero going for them?

Reactions: goldmom
PB would be a great President; probably the best of everyone currently available; and I think the country will be smart enough to realize that someday.

However, I doubt he helps push the Harris ticket over the top; just too progressive for too many people's tastes
Not progressive enough for many others.

Might be the sweet spot.

Reactions: HawkMD
He would be the wisest choice given the importance of Pennsylvania.
I think Shapiro is the only possible path to winning. And it still will be way tighter than it should be.

Any pick other than Shapiro (besides maybe KY governor) I think results in a loss.

This super excited cheerleading going on right now will die down and Kamala will still be unlikable and a tad "off" - she'll need that completely "normal" and articulate VP to show they're serious about being seen as centrists to combat the far right lunatics and the Dems own far left loons.

Reactions: CaboKP
I think Shapiro is the only possible path to winning. And it still will be way tighter than it should be.

Any pick other than Shapiro (besides maybe KY governor) I think results in a loss.

This super excited cheerleading going on right now will die down and Kamala will still be unlikable and a tad "off" - she'll need that completely "normal" and articulate VP to show they're serious about being seen as centrists to combat the far right lunatics and the Dems own far left loons.
When I've seen clips, I've been favorably impressed. But when I hear he supported fracking and vouchers, I wonder what else he's wrong on.

Rumor has it that Gavin Newsom owns a house in Nevada and is currently switching his legal residence.

JK

He was one of my top choices for heading the ticket. A shame he and Harris are both from CA.

Then again, he's 56 and is set up reasonably well to run in 2028.

Reactions: noleclone2
MAGA when Pete talks:

200w.gif

He didn't make it that far. Believe it or not there is more to the world than south bend Indiana.

I'm willing to part ways with you thinking Trump is the superior orator, curator, and communicator of thoughts and me thinking the the exact opposite about Pete. Because it that's the case, we are at an impasse my brother.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT