ADVERTISEMENT

Petras Friday

Other than taking pleasure in other fans disgust of him coming back, what is it you are looking at as a reason for excitement for him returning?

I’ll confess, that would be my only reason. And not you…I don’t particularly agree with you all the time or maybe even much. But you are far from the most nasty antagonistic poster in here….

Those other’s though, yes I would enjoy it pissing them off.

Otherwise I’m ready to go a different direction!

Well you weren’t there when Shada was booed then, and it was way more than a few fans booing. I felt bad for him.
Well, from Section 216, Row 24 with high seat numbers and sharing an aisle with the student section, the booing wasn't loud. Some students and again, the guys that scream "He was wide open" 30 times a game.

Wow. 3 tds in 4 games lol. Against 3 bad teams, and a very mediocre Minnesota team. That’s amazing! You actually think that’s proving he is good?
Wow, you’re intelligence challenged. You try way too hard.

What were those defenses ranked on the 3 bad teams, and 1 mediocre team?

They may applaud him before the game but if that offense puts up 3 points and we miss out on the easiest trip to Indy Kevin Wilson could have ever created he sure as shit will get booed later.

We are all mildly comfortable we will win and go to indy at 8-4 but the ugly truth is a 7-5 iowa team goes to like Detroit or New York.
You are unrealistically negative. You turn so many posts into BS negativity. I'm betting you're that guy that consistently sabotages his own happiness. Take a break from posting, please.

Wow. 3 tds in 4 games lol. Against 3 bad teams, and a very mediocre Minnesota team. That’s amazing! You actually think that’s proving he is good?

Besides being a serial bitcher, the above is why your thoughts are meaningless. We can agree those are extremely pedestrian numbers but we have played 3 bad teams and a mediocre Minnesota? WTH?!

The same Minnesota who lost to PU 20-10 and hasn’t yet played Wisconsin who they normally lose too?!

In reality we played one bad team and 3 average teams that are still tough outs. 2 on the road….that’s a good schedule! Good enough that Sagarins has it 21st in the nation!

Hawkeye fans and players, despite what Dargo the death of positivity has to say, that has been a very good schedule!

No reason to feel bad for it!

Now you're just trolling. Cool. You aren't going to take a break from posting...and I'm sick of your overly and awkwardly negative comments....so it's IGNORE for you. Go get 'em, fun guy!

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Well you weren’t there when Shada was booed then, and it was way more than a few fans booing. I felt bad for him.
Why did you feel bad for him? The way you are toward Petras, that mentality, you would have booed Shada.

And yes, you would probably boo Petras on Saturday much like you boo him on these boards at every opportunity.

Or is that just behind a keyboard kind of thing?

Now you're just trolling. Cool. You aren't going to take a break from posting...and I'm sick of your overly and awkwardly negative comments....so it's IGNORE for you. Go get 'em, fun guy!
Was the 7-5 question to tough? Or was the idea we could possibly lose to a team that has played us to thr last play of the game the last 2 years, who would love to spoil our season, too much reality?

7-5 and we are going to a tier 3 or 4 bowl. Look out Shreveport!

• Wow
Reactions: HawkeyePillowBiter
Shouldn't we as Hawk fans have and show a little more class than the too many moronic football fans across the county? When Adam Shada was booed on Senior Day, I was absolutely ashamed to be a Hawkeye fan.

This thread was not to rehash SPs play as a QB. I think most of us agree that it has been less than stellar. The thread was meant to compliment him as a person and teammate.
God Bless you....but...what did you think was going to happen? Did you forget about the kind of a$$holes that frequent this board?

I don't know if Spencer is going through senior day activities or not, but if he does, I hope he gets a standing ovation. I have been one that has been super critical of his play through his career at Iowa but that dude has my respect. Has always been a great teammate, never called out coaches or players, and always took the tough questions in the media. Just my 2 cents.
Spencer is a good Hawk and anyone who boos him should turn in their Hawkeye fan card.

I think even the most cynical and disenchanted Iowa fans who are in attendance would have the decency to give SP proper applause and recognition on Senior Day. I must admit, though - it sure does help that the team turned around its fortunes. I don't want to think about what it would have been like on Friday if the season had continued its downward spiral.
Only drunken morons would boo anyone on Senior day., same ones running their mouth every game, calling plays, etc.

Wasn’t there a pretty healthy round of boos for Adam Shada on Senior Day back in the day? Hopefully I have that wrong, I haven’t been to a Senior Day since the one that included Bob Sanders.

No seniors should ever be booed on Senior Day. It’s a recognition of all the time and effort they’ve put into the Iowa football program and a really special moment for them and their families. Any fans who boo that are selfish a-holes that deserve their own public scorn.
there was……it was embarrassing as hell

Why did you feel bad for him? The way you are toward Petras, that mentality, you would have booed Shada.

And yes, you would probably boo Petras on Saturday much like you boo him on these boards at every opportunity.

Or is that just behind a keyboard kind of thing?
He must really, really hate him if he is going to show up on Saturday to boo him.

my hope is that Spencer Petras returns next season.. he's been through a lot... getting boo'ed on opening day before the game had to have been tough on him.
its hard to keep confidence and endure a thing like that.. but he's been a champion through and through.
I’ve never questioned his character. He’s handled himself with class, however it still doesn’t mask the fact that he’s in year 4 making a lot of the same mistakes. He’s not athletic at all, can’t make reads beyond his primary receiver, doesn’t have pocket presence , and still hasn’t figured out how and when to take some mustard off the 90 mph when necessary.
He’s been a below average QB at best. That would be a summary of his career at Iowa. Sorry I’m not getting caught up in the sentimentals of senior day .

• Haha
I’ve never questioned his character. He’s handled himself with class, however it still doesn’t mask the fact that he’s in year 4 making a lot of the same mistakes. He’s not athletic at all, can’t make reads beyond his primary receiver, doesn’t have pocket presence , and still hasn’t figured out how and when to take some mustard off the 90 mph when necessary.
He’s been a below average QB at best. That would be a summary of his career at Iowa. Sorry I’m not getting caught up in the sentimentals of senior day .
yea.. see... you have to outright lie to make your case..
its disgusting !

pro quarterbacks, even Tom Brady, makes mistakes... no different for college quarterbacks

Spencer Petras often goes to someone who is not their Primary Receiver... but ideally, you want to always go to your Primary Receiver.

"doesn't have pocket presence" ... every quarterback gets sacked.. thats football.
"take some mustard" off your mustache ... its embarrassing

you are an embarrassment to the Hawkeye Faithful Fan Base.

how about this.. support the team you love and enjoy watching.. through the good times and the bad times

its disgusting !

pro quarterbacks, even Tom Brady, makes mistakes... no different for college quarterbacks

Spencer Petras often goes to someone who is not their Primary Receiver... but ideally, you want to always go to your Primary Receiver.

"doesn't have pocket presence" ... every quarterback gets sacked.. thats football.

how about this.. support the team you love and enjoy watching.. through the good times and the bad times
Lol ok.
You let me know when Spencer sniffs football at the next level .

• Wow
I think the coolest thing in recent sports history would be for him to come back and absolutely tear it up.

However, I don't think that's very reasonable at all.

It's time for someone else to take the reins, whoever the hell that's going to be.

All I know is that we better hit the F'n portal if we don't have a guy currently that can get it done next year.
Could you imagine if Spencer comes back and he has to learn a new system under a new OC?
Wait a minute. That wont happen because Brian will be back....

• Haha
HUH? Whattt did you say??

• Love
its disgusting !

This is troll job, yea?
Great kid, great teammate (by all accounts), but not a D1 QB. Hes 109th out of 121 QBs in QBR for goodness sake.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT