ADVERTISEMENT

Petras QB #1 at Utah State?

hawkdave007

HR MVP
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2003
Legas is officially in the portal.

Petras has apparently been looking good in camp and he put on a show at their spring game scrimmage. I suppose they could always bring in someone to compete with him, but it looks like the gig is his to lose now at Utah State.

Last edited:

Petras has apparently been looking good in camp and he put on a show at their spring game. I suppose they could always bring in someone to compete with him, but it looks like the gig is his to lose now at Utah State.

Cool

Petras has apparently been looking good in camp and he put on a show at their spring game. I suppose they could always bring in someone to compete with him, but it looks like the gig is his to lose now at Utah State.

Good luck to Spencer. Hope he kicks ass

I think they picked up another quarterback in the portal from Utah right after Spencer committed. Spencer must be better than him.

rooting for him as well…but I’d tap the breaks on any predictions of him lighting it up. Remember, his biggest issue was the complete and total panic in the face of any pressure. I don’t think looking good in practice, knowing the playbook, and arm talent were ever any concerns - all things he’s likely been able to showcase in spring when QBs don’t get hit. Lack of mobility and panic were the issues once the live bullets started flying.

Prob the biggest thing he’ll have going for him, considering his weaknesses, is he won’t be playing against BIG defenses now.

His problem was always a piss poor line. It is always the source of our problems lately

I could have the details wrong, but I thought Petras wasn't medically cleared to play last year?
Last year, yes, though I don't think there was an expectation he would have played even if he'd been healthy.

Evidently he was lucky enough to be in a small percentage of individuals who sustained his type of shoulder injury who are able to fully recover (he talked about this on the WUW podcast). Based on his spring camp stats, it would appear that his shoulder is fully (or mostly) healed.

Last edited:
Reactions: savage84
if he gets drafted next year iowa fans will be left wondering what could’ve been (in 2023)
That happens every year if we played abut different on offense if we let the ball go down field on occasion and allow our receivers to battle for it. If we gave our backup qbs snap during the season

Yeah still hate him. Confirmed.
Once a Hawk, Always a Hawk. Thanks for the memories CJ/Chuck Sizzle/Charlie Jones. The only all american wide receiver Iowa has produced in forever. It doesn’t matter that our offensive staff had him as the fourth recevier after spring ball in 2022!!!

Last edited:
Once a Hawk, Always a Hawk. Thanks for the memories CJ/Chuck Sizzle/Charlie Jones. The only all american wide receiver Iowa has produced in forever. It doesn’t matter that our offensive staff had him as the fourth recevier after spring ball in 2022!!!
Nope. Once you transfer and wear another uniform you're no longer "always a Hawk". You were a Hawk.

Akrum Wadley says ‘alright, once a Hawkeye still holds’
Yep. If we do it with Akrum, we have to do it with Brian Ferentz. Probably two at the end of the Hawkeye line but both have done, or tried to do, a lot of damage to the Hawkeye brand.

Oh boy! I didn't think those mattered in your world.
Well, you have to win a Big Ten West title, to have a chance at the actual conference title. From 2021 to 2023, odds are with a below average offense, Iowa wins an actual big ten title. But at least we are starting over with Lester!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT