ADVERTISEMENT

Pew Pew Pew Allen Texas-Mall

I noticed the UK rate is almost as high as the US, but they do not have the high mass murders as we do. Also, there is no data reported for a number of countries. I would also be very skeptical of the data reported for quite a few of the countries that reported data. I do agree that we have too many kids growing up with only one parent, or with parents who are divorced. On the other hand, living in a home with two parents is not always a good thing either (parents fighting all the time, one parent being abusive). I think this issue is just one of many as to why we are seeing so many mass shootings.

Appreciate the well thought out answer.

A couple of counterpoints/other considerations:

Large peak in gun deaths (numbers similar to what we have seen in recent years) seen from 1986-1996, then a significant drop off from 1996-2014.

50% increase in gun deaths in the past two years alone…and the trendline does not look good. That’s not generational change.

Studies show, nation to nation, the more secular a society, the lower the homicide rate.

Median age of mass shooters is 32. Since social media is relatively new, not much adolescent exposure to the socials for most shooters. As adults? Sure, but are you wanting to regulate it for those 18+? How do you explain the previous peak of gun deaths in the 90’s with zero social media?

I don’t dismiss home, societal, and social media components, but since you didn’t list guns, gun culture, and/or ease of access to guns…am I to assume you don’t think they play a role in any of this?
I think ease of access to guns for people that shouldn’t have them is an issue. But then you run into the issue of them obtaining them illegally. That’s one reason I want harsher penalties. I think gun culture in the minds of an evil or mental health issues doesn’t make things better. I say that as I know many people who you would describe as being gun nuts or heavy into the gun culture who respect human life.

Now to the gun. I can’t fathom the possibility that putting a gun into someone’s hands suddenly and is the only reason they would want to kill somebody

N
I think ease of access to guns for people that shouldn’t have them is an issue. But then you run into the issue of them obtaining them illegally. That’s one reason I want harsher penalties. I think gun culture in the minds of an evil or mental health issues doesn’t make things better. I say that as I know many people who you would describe as being gun nuts or heavy into the gun culture who respect human life.

Now to the gun. I can’t fathom the possibility that putting a gun into someone’s hands suddenly and is the only reason they would want to kill somebody
if they don’t want to kill, then why hold it?

No one is claiming guns have some mystical power to possess someone, but switch out the weapon yesterday. How many die if killer only has a knife? How many faceless kids are we left with? How about in Uvalde? You don’t think the efficiency of a gun leads to a higher body count?

No one is claiming guns have some mystical power to possess someone, but switch out the weapon yesterday. How many die if killer only has a knife? How many faceless kids are we left with? How about in Uvalde? You don’t think the efficiency of a gun leads to a higher body count?
Then you have to bring handguns in the discussion

Some are certainly insinuating it

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Baseball bat? Billy club? Brass knuckles? Duh. The death rate and injuries shrink.

so if we get rid of assault weapons you would be happy and content?
That would be a start.

Personally, I'd start with reforming background checks, raise the age to purchase, universal "red flag", and no sales at gun shows.

Then ban 'ghost guns", felons with a permanent ban of ownership, and outlaw NRA contributions to politicians.

Anything else I can clear up for you?

Wondering if he had a manifesto and will we get to read it?
That’s what they’ll say about you someday after you set off a series of pipe bombs or shoot up a women’s health clinic.
“Did he leave a manifesto behind”?
Yes. On this message board called HORT

Reactions: billanole and Ree4
That would be a start.

Personally, I'd start with reforming background checks, raise the age to purchase, universal "red flag", and no sales at gun shows.

Then ban 'ghost guns", felons with a permanent ban of ownership, and outlaw NRA contributions to politicians.

Anything else I can clear up for you?
Nope thanks for the response

Was I supposed to?
Arizona shows all the trashy, pretend, leadership, whine, support us with tax money, crap expected. City boy in an Arizona hospital pretending to be on the pulse. Childish, anti everything…

Arizona shows all the trashy, pretend, leadership, whine, support us with tax money, crap expected. City boy in an Arizona hospital pretending to be on the pulse. Childish, anti everything…
Lol, I can agree with some of it

That’s what they’ll say about you someday after you set off a series of pipe bombs or shoot up a women’s health clinic.
“Did he leave a manifesto behind”?
Yes. On this message board called HORT

best-comebacks-and-funniest-insults.jpg

Local news reporting:

Shooter was enlisted in 2008 but booted based on mental health issues

Worked as security guard at local aluminum supply company

No priors

Held racist and antisemitic views

OK, I wasn’t sure about the AR-15’s, hence why I posed it as a question. Since they’re semi-automatic, I just wasn’t sure where they fell in the scope of potentially being banned or not.
Some of the gun “experts” on here have tried to paint the AR15 as a "not that powerful" rifle that doesn’t do much damage. The damage it does is incredible. Instead of clipping a liver, the organ will explode. It is why parents were unable to identify their children at Uvalde. Their babies were essentially vaporized. Below is an article from a doctor who worked on the children who were shot at Parkland.

Last edited:
Some of the gun “experts” on here have tried to paint the AR15 as a smaller rifle which doesn’t do much damage. The damage it does is incredible. Instead clipping a liver, the organ will explode. It is why parents were unable to identify their children at Uvalde. Their babies were essentially vaporized. Below is an article from a doctor who worked on the children who were shot at Parkland.

Physics are physics.

Rifle rounds tend to move faster than pistol rounds due to the larger amounts of propellant and the longer barrel. By Rifle standards the .223 is a small round.

Local news reporting:

Shooter was enlisted in 2008 but booted based on mental health issues

Worked as security guard at local aluminum supply company

No priors

Held racist and antisemitic views
So if your racist, and kill white people, one can only assume you are racist against white people right?

What does "held racist" mean? Like didn't like white people? Asians? Blacks?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT