ADVERTISEMENT

Pew pew pew, KC Chiefs Super Bowl parade

Tell me you've never had your front door breached w/o actually telling me. :cool:

I've told this story several times over the years (see links below). IMO, there are "gun nuts" who collect all sorts of weapons, for what purposes? Who knows. I have a retired Air Force friend who probably owns 50 guns, many of which he builds himself. I have another friend who's a retired Corpus Christ PO and he has a safe full of automatic weapons.

Me? I originally bought one 9mm handgun for home protection and I have a 30/30 rifle and a 20 gauge shotgun--both purchased for me by my Papaw as a young boy for hunting. While I haven't hunted in years, I'm probably going to take it up again with a friend who has a large lease here in Texas.

However, within the last 5 years I now have a 45mm handgun and several more rifles because I've confiscated them from my FIL who has dementia and shouldn't have guns and my bipolar/schizophrenic father who also shouldn't have guns. Guns are tools, nothing more.

45 mm?!

From a buddy…

It’s an interesting collective pathology how all of the media outlets have simply listed them as adults. They have even identified them by name but without any additional descriptive context (age, race, gender, citizenship status, height, family status, etc).

This implies that no media outlets are worried about the “two adults” being or having been falsely identified. By extension, they are fine participating with this public naming in permanently tarnishing the reputations of the two adults, even if they are later found innocent. Which means they are further OK placing both the alleged perpetrators and their families in harms way from potential retribution seekers.

But for some reason they are terrified of saying that they are both white men? Or black men? Or Hispanic men? Why?

Is it because the approved public narrative of “mass shootings” is separate and apart from the narrative of “street violence”? That “mass shootings” are supposedly a “white” and “public”phenomena whereas “street crime” is a “black/people of color” issue and therefore a “private” matter.

Or is it that mass shootings are supposed to take place with “assault type rifles” which are a “white gun” that need regulation, not with common handguns which are the province of street crime and used in most killings (mostly of and by people of color) and are therefore considered a “part of indigenous culture” and “racist” to question?

Or is it that the collective media narrative is that people of color must always be characterized as victims of white aggression in order to show people of color why they need democrats to protect them, but showing whites being victims of POC aggression supports republican narratives and talking points?

Was it out of the collective belief that if the alleged perps were people of color that would make all non people of color irrationally fear people of color more than they already do, and therefore making an already bad situation worse?

Was it out of an unwritten media blackout highlighting black on black crime because the media secretly wants black to self eradicate?

Or was it just an honest coincidence?

Yes, but I am able to separate fantasy from reality. The point is many can't. It's the guns. If there are no guns, crazy people can't use them. Yes, I concede that a small number of crazy people exist and they like to shoot people. If they can't find a gun, they can't use it. Things have gotten worse since conservatives defunded mental health and access to health care. Next you're going to tell me that Judas Priest and Dungeon and Dragons made me turn away from God.

Your assertion about South Korea is wrong. They play the same titles we Americans play.

I don't think he is [wrong]. It is illegal to own or distribute guns in Korea, it is even illegal to own fake guns (which makes for a big headache for moviemakers making the epic movies about the Korean War).

Um, no.

It’s two adults - named and charged with murder today

and

two unnamed minors - whose names cannot be released until certified to stand trial - charged with gun crimes and resisting a few days ago.

Another MAGA conspiracy down the drain.
That's not how the left treated Kyle Rittenhouse? What changed other than skin color? I guess shooting at kids isn't as egregious to the left as shooting at pedophiles who are also trying to murder you. priorities.. right?

• Haha
Reactions: DFSNOLE
Secured things get stolen all the time. Are you a real person? This is a peak NPC take.
If you cant keep your gun from falling into the hands of somebody who shouldnt have it, you shouldn’t own a gun.

Youve just lost any gun control arguments if you use “illegal guns” as a reason why there is nothing we can do.

That's not how the left treated Kyle Rittenhouse? What changed other than skin color? I guess shooting at kids isn't as egregious to the left as shooting at pedophiles who are also trying to murder you. priorities.. right?

Lol. Move the goal posts much?

You do know Wisconsin and Missouri are two different states with different laws, right? In Wisconsin, all 17 year olds must be charged as an adult and their name disclosed. Rittenhouse was 17.

Not so in Missouri.

Just take the loss with your (another) failed MAGA conspiracy post. You’re embarrassing yourself here.

So 22 year olds shoot each other over looks and liberal Hort wants to talk about making sure legal gun owners have firearms properly secured.

Peak Hort.
Gun was stolen. Why didnt the legal gun owner ensure that their gun couldn’t get in the hands of people who werent supposed to have them?

responsible gun owners my ass.

Sorry. Typo. 45 cal S&W (fixed)
@Aardvark86

I do have one of these, though, to fire the 45mm shells. You should stop by. We can fire it at the neighbor's obnoxious Mustang. :cool:

Anti-tank_gun_45mm_m1937_parola_1.jpg

Gun was stolen. Why didnt the legal gun owner ensure that their gun couldn’t get in the hands of people who werent supposed to have them?

Like I said. I have a safe that required 6 men to slide it across the floor and is rated foe 1600 f for 90 minutes and if a guy wanted to get into it while I was away they could do so in less than 2 hours. The person who had their shit stolen is a victim of theft, quit victim blaming because you can't address the fact there is something seriously wrong with a culture of street violence that would make people shoot each other over looking at someone.

If you cant keep your gun from falling into the hands of somebody who shouldnt have it, you shouldn’t own a gun.

Youve just lost any gun control arguments if you use “illegal guns” as a reason why there is nothing we can do.
FYI: I just sent my letter to both Senators Ted Cruz and John Cornyn and requested a response. I'll post it if they actually respond (or their staff rather).

I will have to snail mail Rep. Cortez, Philip District 117.

From a buddy…

It’s an interesting collective pathology how all of the media outlets have simply listed them as adults. They have even identified them by name but without any additional descriptive context (age, race, gender, citizenship status, height, family status, etc).

This implies that no media outlets are worried about the “two adults” being or having been falsely identified. By extension, they are fine participating with this public naming in permanently tarnishing the reputations of the two adults, even if they are later found innocent. Which means they are further OK placing both the alleged perpetrators and their families in harms way from potential retribution seekers.

But for some reason they are terrified of saying that they are both white men? Or black men? Or Hispanic men? Why?

Is it because the approved public narrative of “mass shootings” is separate and apart from the narrative of “street violence”? That “mass shootings” are supposedly a “white” and “public”phenomena whereas “street crime” is a “black/people of color” issue and therefore a “private” matter.

Or is it that mass shootings are supposed to take place with “assault type rifles” which are a “white gun” that need regulation, not with common handguns which are the province of street crime and used in most killings (mostly of and by people of color) and are therefore considered a “part of indigenous culture” and “racist” to question?

Or is it that the collective media narrative is that people of color must always be characterized as victims of white aggression in order to show people of color why they need democrats to protect them, but showing whites being victims of POC aggression supports republican narratives and talking points?

Was it out of the collective belief that if the alleged perps were people of color that would make all non people of color irrationally fear people of color more than they already do, and therefore making an already bad situation worse?

Was it out of an unwritten media blackout highlighting black on black crime because the media secretly wants black to self eradicate?

Or was it just an honest coincidence?
Well, the mayor of KC [Dim] did piss his pants when his boyz were "labeled" thugs.

Like I said. I have a safe that required 6 men to slide it across the floor and is rated foe 1600 f for 90 minutes and if a guy wanted to get into it while I was away they could do so in less than 2 hours. The person who had their shit stolen is a victim or theft, quit victim blaming because you can't address the fact there is something seriously wrong with a culture of street violence that would make people shoot each other over looking at someone.
Is the focus really on responsible gun owners or is it just tying up this thread because it just happens to be the singular point we're arguing?

What does the data say? Are more shootings occurring because guns aren't secure or because guns are in the wrong hands...or both?

We have to start somewhere, so why not here?

A. Ban the sale of high capacity magazines.
B. Required training and licensing for ALL gun sales & transfers.
b1.) Steep penalties for gun sellers who violate above law.
C. Required back-ground checks for ALL gun sales and transfers.
D. Waiting periods for ALL gun purchases. There is no "hunting" emergency that requires a gun now.
E. Raise the gun purchasing age to 21 for ALL guns.
e1.) Honorable military service gets you access at 18.
e2.) Mirror Canada's law for minors aged 12-17.
F. More funding and programs for mental health.

These are essentially what I just put in my letter to my state representatives.

Is the focus really on responsible gun owners or is it just tying up this thread because it just happens to be the singular point we're arguing?

What does the data say? Are more shootings occurring because guns aren't secure or because guns are in the wrong hands...or both?

D. Waiting periods for ALL gun purchases. There is no "hunting" emergency that requires a gun now.

Everything you just typed slows down or impedes someone looking to legally purchase a firearm. We have theft laws also.

You guys are going to have tonstart acknowledging who it is that actually commits gun crimes if you want to actually start lowering gun violence.

Subject: Urgent Need for Reasonable Gun Reform

Dear Senator Cruz,

I hope this letter finds you well. As a constituent and a 20-year military veteran, I am writing to express my deep concern about the ever-increasing gun violence in our country and to advocate for reasonable gun reform measures. While, as a gun owner, I fully support the Second Amendment, I believe it is imperative that we take action to address this pressing issue.

First and foremost, I urge you to consider implementing a ban on the sale of high-capacity magazines. These magazines have been implicated in numerous mass shootings and serve no practical purpose for law-abiding citizens.

Additionally, I strongly believe that all individuals seeking to purchase firearms should be required to undergo training and obtain a license. This measure would ensure that gun owners are adequately trained in firearm safety and responsible usage. Furthermore, I propose imposing steep penalties for gun sellers who violate these laws, as accountability is crucial in preventing firearms from falling into the wrong hands.

Moreover, I advocate for the implementation of mandatory background checks for all gun purchases. Background checks are a critical tool for keeping firearms out of the hands of individuals who pose a threat to themselves or others.

Furthermore, I believe that waiting periods for all gun purchases are necessary. There is simply no justification for allowing individuals to acquire firearms on impulse, especially given the tragic consequences that can result from impulsive decisions.

In alignment with these efforts, I propose raising the minimum age for purchasing firearms to 21 across the board. However, I recognize the sacrifice and responsibility demonstrated by our honorable military service members, and thus suggest that individuals with honorable military service should have access to firearms, if they so choose, at the age of 18. Additionally, I suggest adopting a law similar to Canada's for minors aged 12-17, ensuring that appropriate measures are in place to regulate firearm access for this demographic.

Senator Cruz, I urge you to consider these proposals with the seriousness they deserve. It is imperative that we take decisive action to address the epidemic of gun violence in our country while respecting the rights of law-abiding citizens. I trust that you will give these suggestions the careful consideration they warrant, and I look forward to seeing your support for sensible gun reform legislation.

Thank you for your attention to this critical matter.

Sincerely,
alaskanseminole
There isn't a single thing in there about holding criminals accountable.

Like I said. I have a safe that required 6 men to slide it across the floor and is rated foe 1600 f for 90 minutes and if a guy wanted to get into it while I was away they could do so in less than 2 hours. The person who had their shit stolen is a victim or theft, quit victim blaming because you can't address the fact there is something seriously wrong with a culture of street violence that would make people shoot each other over looking at someone.
so you know that the stolen guns where in a safe that would require 6 mins to slide across the floor? I guess i am not giving the guy with a stolen gun credit for being able to take two hours to break into a safe during the home robbery he was committing.

I have addressed what i think should happen re: gun crime many times on this thread. I probably have the most strict views on gun crime on this board re: punishment:

You commit a crime with a gun, its a minimum of 20 years (maybe more depending on crime committed), serving the full sentence. A second offense puts you away for life. I dont care if its threatening someone with a gun for a road rage incident.

the “we cant do nothing” crowd screams about illegal guns, street violence as a reason we cant touch the 2A, but then bitches and moans about my solutions.

so you know that the stolen guns where in a safe that would require 6 mins to slide across the floor? I guess i am not giving the guy with a stolen gun credit for being able to take two hours to break into a safe during the home robbery he was committing.

I have addressed what i think should happen re: gun crime many times on this thread. I probably have the most strict views on gun crime on this board re: punishment:

You commit a crime with a gun, its a minimum of 20 years (maybe more depending on crime committed), serving the full sentence. A second offense puts you away for life. I dont care if its threatening someone with a gun for a road rage incident.

the “we cant do nothing” crowd screams about illegal guns, street violence as a reason we cant touch the 2A, but then bitches and moans about my solutions.
I don't see any " we can't do anything". I see, hold the people committing crimes accountable.

• Haha
Reactions: auntie_fah
Everything you just typed slows down or impedes someone looking to legally purchase a firearm. We have theft laws also.

You guys are going to have tonstart acknowledging who it is that actually commits gun crimes if you want to actually start lowering gun violence.
Why do you need a gun quickly? How does it impede? I took a 10-hour course for my CHL and completed all of my required paperwork, passport photo, finger prints, background check, etc. Fast forward 10 years later and I've not been required any additional training and my 5-year renewal was a complete joke.

Since I take gun ownership seriously, I take it upon myself to be proficient and go to the range. I also enjoy a little target practice. Good stress relief. ;)

I would have no problem with any of those things you suggested

I would also put very harsh sentences with people who commit amy crime with a gun (ive said in many threads, first offense minumum of 20 years, second offense life)

I would soften my gun owners stance if those things happened along with harsh gun crime penalties. But when people use the illegal gun argument as a reason to not do anything, i focus on how to limit guns from being “legal” to “illegal”, and to do that you have to look at the responsibility of the people who legally own guns.

Last edited:
I would have no problem with any of those things you suggested

I would also put very harsh sentences with people who commit amy crime with a gun (ive said in many threads, first offense minumum of 20 years, second offense life)

I would soften my gun owners stance if those things happened along with harsh gun crime penalties. But when people use the illegal gun argument as a reason to not do anything, i focus on how to limit guns from being “legal” to “illegal”, and to do that you have to look at the responsibility of the legally owned guns.
I understand we won't agree on everything, but who on earth does? Here's my thoughts on it.

As a society, we need to improve our ability to compromise on contentious issues. The current polarizing state of politics often leads us to dig our dadgum heels in so we can keep wearing our team jersey with pride.

Most look at everything in black and white, but this approach is not conducive to a well-functioning society. For instance, while I hold pro-life beliefs, I understand that others may have different perspectives. Rather than remaining obstinate and achieving nothing, I recognize the importance of seeking areas where compromise is possible. This might involve focusing on better care for single mothers, addressing special circumstances related to abortion, promoting comprehensive sex education, etc.

Similarly, when it comes to gun reform, although I support the Second Amendment, I recognize the need to assess the current challenges and seek compromises that offer viable solutions acceptable to both sides. Ultimately, by embracing compromise and seeking common ground, we can work towards a society that reflects the diverse perspectives and needs of its members.

Sadly, politicians don't want this. Compromise is somehow losing and they just want to win.

Why do you need a gun quickly? How does it impede? I took a 10-hour course for my CHL and completed all of my required paperwork, passport photo, finger prints, background check, etc. Fast forward 10 years later and I've not been required any additional training and my 5-year renewal was a complete joke.

Since I take gun ownership seriously, I take it upon myself to be proficient and go to the range. I also enjoy a little target practice. Good stress relief. ;)
Because sometimes you fly to Montana foe a hunt trip and united losses youe gun case.... there are many examples but instead of.makong legal things harder why not make illegal things worse?

I understand we won't agree on everything, but who on earth does? Here's my thoughts on it.

As a society, we need to improve our ability to compromise on contentious issues. The current polarizing state of politics often leads us to dig our dadgum heels in so we can keep wearing our team jersey with pride.

Most look at everything in black and white, but this approach is not conducive to a well-functioning society. For instance, while I hold pro-life beliefs, I understand that others may have different perspectives. Rather than remaining obstinate and achieving nothing, I recognize the importance of seeking areas where compromise is possible. This might involve focusing on better care for single mothers, addressing special circumstances related to abortion, promoting comprehensive sex education, etc.

Similarly, when it comes to gun reform, although I support the Second Amendment, I recognize the need to assess the current challenges and seek compromises that offer viable solutions acceptable to both sides. Ultimately, by embracing compromise and seeking common ground, we can work towards a society that reflects the diverse perspectives and needs of its members.

Sadly, politicians don't want this. Compromise is somehow losing and they just want to win.
I think if we could get most on board with your suggestions, tack on harsh penalties for gun crime, we could make some headway.

Some may say that sending someone to prison for 20 years (or life if second offense) is harsh for someone who even flashes a gun in a fit of road rage, but the people who do that are the people that shouldnt have access to guns imo. If enough people serve 20 years or life for the smallest infraction because it involved a gun, i would hope it would be a deterrent. If its not a deterrent, society is better off without them

Like I said. I have a safe that required 6 men to slide it across the floor and is rated foe 1600 f for 90 minutes and if a guy wanted to get into it while I was away they could do so in less than 2 hours. The person who had their shit stolen is a victim of theft, quit victim blaming because you can't address the fact there is something seriously wrong with a culture of street violence that would make people shoot each other over looking at someone.

it depends IMO as to what precautions the owner did take.

You precautions seem ok to me, 2 hours is a long ass time for someone who's broken into a house.

But I've also seen guns sitting openly on the dashboards of unlocked cars.

I think securing one's firearm means taking at least some modest precautions against theft.

it depends IMO as to what precautions the owner did take.

You precautions seem ok to me, 2 hours is a long ass time for someone who's broken into a house

But I've also seen guns sitting openly on the dashboards of unlocked cars.

I think securing one's firearm means taking at least some modest precautions against theft.
Whiskey just tries to take one extreme scenario (2 hours to break into a safe/only can be moved by 6 men) to try and undermine my point.

I consider that secure. Ive repeatedly said in many threads that anything that a gun isnt secure if a person can carry the gun, or a safe in their arms and walk our the door.

I think whiskey needs to move into a less shitty place with better neighbors if someone breaking into his home can remain in his home and goes unnoticed for two hours

I think if we could get most on board with your suggestions, tack on harsh penalties for gun crime, we could make some headway.

Some may say that sending someone to prison for 20 years (or life if second offense) is harsh for someone who even flashes a gun in a fit of road rage, but the people who do that are the people that shouldnt have access to guns imo. If enough people serve 20 years or life for the smallest infraction because it involved a gun, i would hope it would be a deterrent. If its not a deterrent, society is better off without them
The problem is getting other gun owners on board. If I'm being honest, I'm typically an anomaly in many circles I run in. Think about it. I'm a retired veteran, I drive a rock crawling jeep on 35s, I own guns, I'm a Christian, I hunt and live for the outdoors and the "simple life" out on acres of Texas land. Who the heck do you think are the people who run in my circles are? They see my DV license plates with USAF logo and a US Flag decal on my Jeep and assume I voted for Trump and have an AR-15 in my trunk.

My good buddy, Rocky, is in my Jeep club. He drives an old CJ-7 and shares a lot of my same beliefs. We tend to just keep our heads low. I'll be hunting with him on his 300 acres this fall. Dude can cook a backstrap!

Whiskey just tries to take one extreme scenario (2 hours to break into a safe/only can be moved by 6 men) to try and undermine my point.

I consider that secure. Ive repeatedly said in many threads that anything that a gun isnt secure if a person can carry the gun, or a safe in their arms and walk our the door.

I think whiskey needs to move into a less shitty place with better neighbors if someone breaking into his home can remain in his home and goes unnoticed for two hours
You feel safe because you foolishly think your neighbors would do something to help you.

Talk about responsible gun owners taking precautions until you are blue in the face. The only way this changes is we start to acknowledge who it is that commits gun crimes.

The problem is getting other gun owners on board.
i agree and when those gun owners go on and on about why none of that stuff will work (see whiskeys responses to you about this), i have shifted my position to points you have made to zero tolerance for gun crimes, regardless of how small, and put the onus on responsible gun owners to make sure their guns wont end up in the hands of people who shouldnt have them.

Whiskey will probably bring up gun kits and 3D printers next

Talk about responsible gun owners taking precautions until you are blue in the face. The only way this changes is we start to acknowledge who it is that commits gun crimes.
I am LAZY will you please post some data to who is committing gun crimes and then propose your solution to said problem. I'm okay if you divide the gun violence into two basic categories:

Cat 1: Domestic/neighborhood gun violence
Cat 2: Mass shootings

You feel safe because you foolishly think your neighbors would do something to help you.

You live in fear because you think everybody is out to get you and break into your home.

Good neighbors would call authorities if they heard or noticed someone in your house for a couple hours.

You live in a shithole if you are worried about someone being able to come into your home, spend two hours trying to break into your space and none of the neighbors heard or saw nothing (or worse, did see or hear something and couldnt be bothered to call the authorities)

Given the choice of you fearing everybody and me feeling safe, i think i have been doing just fine without feeling the need to own a gun.

I am LAZY will you please post some data to who is committing gun crimes and then propose your solution to said problem. I'm okay if you divide the gun violence into two basic categories:

Cat 1: Domestic/neighborhood gun violence
Cat 2: Mass shootings
Mass shootings or mass killings? 22 people being injured while only one dying is certainly a mass shooting.

I've posted the numbers, and again, it isn't the 60 year old black couple doing the shooting. The left loves to talk about mass killings because it's the one data point whites tend to perfome more than blacks, don't mind the fact its a tiny percentage of the overall homicides.

You live in fear because you think everybody is out to get you and break into your home.

Good neighbors would call authorities if they heard or noticed someone in your house for a couple hours.

You live in a shithole if you are worried about someone being able to come into your home, spend two hours trying to break into your space and none of the neighbors heard or saw nothing (or worse, did see or hear something and couldnt be bothered to call the authorities)

Given the choice of you fearing everybody and me feeling safe, i think i have been doing just fine without feeling the need to own a gun.
You are telling yourself all this because it's easier to blame a gun owner than acknowledge someone had to steal and someone still had to point the firearm and pull the trigger. I gave you my example as a gun owner.

Mass shootings or mass killings? 22 people being injured while only one dying is certainly a mass shooting.

I've posted the numbers, and again, it isn't the 60 year old black couple doing the shooting. The left loves to talk about mass killings because it's the one data point whites tend to perfome more than blacks, don't mind the fact its a tiny percentage of the overall homicides.
You said gun crimes. I said the same.

Also, I'm not sure you want to blame the "left" per se. Maybe blame MSM. When Ed shoots John over their shared lover, or when Paul shoots Lebron over a gang-related territorial issue, they typically don't make the news. However, when Richard walks into a school and kills 15 innocent kids, that tends to get covered. We, as a society, tend to be more impacted by innocent kids getting killed than two adults killing each other over something stupid.

Kinda like, we don't care that a guy gets blown away in a movie, but DO NOT shoot the dog.

Do you think our mindset would be different if there was zero media coverage of mass shootings, but every domestic shooting was covered?

You said gun crimes. I said the same.

Also, I'm not sure you want to blame the "left" per se. Maybe blame MSM. When Ed shoots John over their shared lover, or when Paul shoots Lebron over a gang-related territorial issue, they typically don't make the news. However, when Richard walks into a school and kills 15 innocent kids, that tends to get covered. We, as a society, tend to be more impacted by innocent kids getting killed than two adults killing each other over something stupid.

Kinda like, we don't care that a guy gets blown away in a movie, but DO NOT shoot the dog.

Do you think our mindset would be different if there was zero media coverage of mass shootings, but every domestic shooting was covered?
No. My mindset is you don't get 19k homicides on the one time a year "15" kids get shot, you make it to 19k a year with 5 people dying every night in a multitude of cities.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT