ADVERTISEMENT

Players met w/ Media. Iowa Offense will be Version of Kyle Shanahan's Offense w/ Lots of Motion & RPOs. "There's a lot more confusion" for the Defense

This is where I’m at.

We may see some of this motion stuff for a few plays during OOC games, or a handful of plays against Big10 teams

But Kirk will no doubt shut it all down if he’s not comfortable. As much as people moan he doesn’t want to win, he absolutely does….but only within his comfort zone.

I still think it’s asking a lot to learn a new scheme with little talent to all of a sudden have a huge turnaround.

Iowa wins this year with defense again and the hope is maybe by mid October the offense starts to click a little.

It can’t really get worse, but it can be just as bad
So, essentially, the Iowa offensive players are both razor thin in talent AND stupid?! Hmmmm....

Interesting POV.

Typically, you can either execute or not in a timing offense like this.

Communication on O will likely be the bigger obstacle in early games.

If nothing else, between Cade being out and it being a brand new offense; that’s inexplicable to me that Hill would get the bulk of the reps.
That's not the case in terms of rep distribution this spring.

Marco has every opportunity to unseat Hill and him being #2 with a clear shot at #1 should light a fire under his ass.

It tells you more about Marco's practice performance than Hill's that the QB two-deep looks the same three weeks in.

Hill is the incumbent. Unseat him.

That's not the case in terms of rep distribution this spring.

Marco has every opportunity to unseat Hill and him being #2 with a clear shot at #1 should light a fire under his ass.

It tells you more about Marco's practice performance than Hill's that the QB two-deep looks the same three weeks in.

Hill is the incumbent. Unseat him.
hopefully the new OC will get the QB room figured out

Reactions: Packer54
fan expectations will be high but a brand new offense is almost certainly not going to be humming in first half of the season. if the offense gels (particularly ol) in games 9-12 i will take that. ideally want to see 30+ points against badgers, bruins, terps, huskers. those are the last 4 games and if tim is a good oc we should be able to detect it at this point.

having wrote that i went to check how greg davis and brian towards end of their first seasons. davis didn't do anything special, we lost the last 4 games putting up average of 17 points. brian was insanely good and insanely bad -- 55 on osu, 56 on nebraska, 0 on wi, 15 on pu for average of 30+ (of course he wasn't installing a new offense and had kok to help)

Last edited:
So they line up in different spots, go into different motions, and run out the play clock, knowing it was a off tackle stretch into the boundary.

Another year, another round of reports out of camp about offensive improvements, lol. I'd actually pay triple to watch Deacon Hill try running an RPO scheme. That would be funny.
Yep. Tho you wouldn’t expect them to say everything is crap and we’ll be lucky to break last years offensive numbers….

Last year we had Cade swearing in interviews to call the offense shit. Dare you to think we’ll be the worst offense in football haha

We also heard from players how Brian really simplified the offense. Felt more efficient and easier to understand

Well…..

No we have no way of knowing if it evolves or devolves because of Kirk but can we all agree its encouraging to see exclusively shotgun snaps in these videos?
I know I bring this up constantly but it helps with pre snap predictability and at minimum it indicates some ACTUAL change to the offense. With that said............

Get Deacon TFOH!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT