ADVERTISEMENT

PMac skeptics or anyone

He's that "backyard" player that plays by instincts. I like it. Last year he seemed to be floating a lot on his shots, shooting and landing 2-3 feet away. He seems to have corrected that.

Patrick put together one of his most solid games as a hawk. Great job.

He mostly stuck to what works for him and avoided dribbling to bad places and picking up the dribble.

That was the Patrick of the end of last season.

A third reliable scorer makes this a tough team.

During an update early this summer, Fran said he had Pat working on finishing drives with a jump stop sometimes, which would give him more options than the slashing one legged leap and stretch he most often used. Yet to notice that move.
He used it once tonight when he came to a jump stop and scored on a baby hook. I smiled.

With all this bitching I would have thought Patrick had a bad game and was the reason we must be losing every game. No way could we be undefeated with such bad players and coaches. Maybe a lot of you guys should contact our athletic director and take over as coach of this team??? Do you want to give this board your name, where you are a coach and your teams undefeated record?

Weird, i read mostly positive stuff. I guess some people just hyper focus on negativity to the point a postive remark isnt even seen.

With all this bitching I would have thought Patrick had a bad game and was the reason we must be losing every game. No way could we be undefeated with such bad players and coaches. Maybe a lot of you guys should contact our athletic director and take over as coach of this team??? Do you want to give this board your name, where you are a coach and your teams undefeated record?
This is such stupid garbage.

People are going to discuss basketball on a basketball message board.

Maybe you should contact Tom Kakert and take over his message board and then you can ban everyone with an opinion you don't like.

Everyone including myself said that Connor's shooting couldn't be fixed, that perception seems to be blown up so far this year, but Pat has up to 2 years remaining s if he wants and his game is only going to get better. He's an intricate part of this team and provides leadership, length, scoring, and rebounding. Not bad for a player that just a few years ago was having health issues from his bout with throat cancer. Jesus people, not every player can be a Keegan or Kris Murray...
It's time to stop bringing up the hemorrhoids issues Patrick had. It has been a few years now. You treat it as if it is a handicap.

I don't remember people saying, a "B" in math isn't bad after I survived spinal meningitis. This weak over sensitive culture must stop. Patrick is a very good but heavy- footed player. Period

This is such stupid garbage.

People are going to discuss basketball on a basketball message board.

Maybe you should contact Tom Kakert and take over his message board and then you can ban everyone with an opinion you don't like.
So you can have an opinion but no one else can? And how do you know I'm not TK:cool:

My son’s comment summed it up well for me:

“His moves seem so ugly, but I love it!”

The only thing I’m not a huge fan of is his little runner fastballs off the backboard/rim, but that seems like more of a last year thing that this year.

He is a microcosm of the team.

Decent offensive player who will struggle against athleticism and doesn't want to play defense nearly enough.

He certainly doesn't play like a coach's kid.
what never ceases to amazing me is that when a player is evaluate here, 95% of the analysis is offensive shooting stats, even though 50% of the game is defense, particularly true when PMac is discussed here.

• rebounding is up, but is way behind that if Murray, Rebraca and Ogundele.
  • blocked shots. 1, far behind the above
  • foul given. Near last on team.
  • 1H fouls. His next 1st half foul will be his 1st 1H foul.
PMac does get his share of FGA, but still plays very soft on D.

IOWA is much better with his offensive game, but desperately needs his D to become just avg in B1G.

(Even last night PMac logged 33 minutes with team being -3 (which I get isn’t always a perfect correlation)

Reactions: CookyMonster
It's time to stop bringing up the hemorrhoids issues Patrick had. It has been a few years now. You treat it as if it is a handicap.

I don't remember people saying, a "B" in math isn't bad after I survived spinal meningitis. This weak over sensitive culture must stop. Patrick is a very good but heavy- footed player. Period
Patrick has hemorrhoids?

I thought Patrick looked great last night and is playing a more solid all around game this year. He's not doing as many runners that he can't finish and he's a much more willing rebounder. Overall he's picked up his level of play this year for sure.

PMac rebounded better last night, and his shot selection was better. Can he do that on a consistent basis? That hasn't been the case in the past.

I was surprised at how Kris disappeared last night, if disappearing is 10 pts/12 rbs. But he was only 4-17 from the floor with only 2 FTs and 2 fouls. He wasn't as aggressive as he's been. Clemson did have more bulk inside but he let them intimidate him. I hope he can get his aggressive streak back going forward.

So you can have an opinion but no one else can? And how do you know I'm not TK:cool:
The only opinion you expressed is that people who aren't the coach don't have a valid opinion.

That specific opinion doesn't make a lot of sense on a fvcking message board that only exists for people to share their opinions.

You'd be better off starting your own message board, then you can control what opinions are allowed.

Last edited:
Reactions: jonesy5960
PMac rebounded better last night, and his shot selection was better. Can he do that on a consistent basis? That hasn't been the case in the past.

I was surprised at how Kris disappeared last night, if disappearing is 10 pts/12 rbs. But he was only 4-17 from the floor with only 2 FTs and 2 fouls. He wasn't as aggressive as he's been. Clemson did have more bulk inside but he let them intimidate him. I hope he can get his aggressive streak back going forward.
Kris is going to havevto adjust to ball denial defense and work more from the top of the key.

I think last night may have bee the first game in which Patrick's former illness was not even mentioned. I take this as a positive because they had to concentrate on what a great game he was having. When we get Patrick, Payton and Kris all hitting, some one is going to pay.

George Raveling never seen a pizza he didn't like. Was a GREAT recruiter but a piss poor coach...JMO
I beg your pardon then. Didn’t realize you felt that way. Did you ever read his book “War on the Boards”? A lot of good advice in there for aspiring coaches.

Reactions: Stormn Norman
Promise this is not a troll and is unlikely true, but I was looking at a betting site for the line and under injured players they had PMac out with a hip injury. P

Patrick can play when defenses aren’t allowed to be physical. When they are he generally shrinks.

Just like I've said...will disappear against better athletes.
He had 21 against better athletes last night with Clemson……leading scorer. I am guessing this had more to do with the defense of TCU played that didn’t allow him to drive the lane, compounded by his outside shot being off.

One game but not encouraging to see Patrick completely disappear again in a big game. Consistency has been his 1 big issue.

Reactions: ShonnDeereGreene
He had 21 against better athletes last night with Clemson……leading scorer. I am guessing this had more to do with the defense of TCU played that didn’t allow him to drive the lane, compounded by his outside shot being off.
The not being allowed to drive the lane goes hand in hand with better athletes.

TCU is a notch up athletically vs Clemson.

How many of those fall always generally fall? Last night yes but in the long run the only guys that can live off that shot play in the nba.

Reactions: RocknRollface

TCU athletes >>> Clemson.

Not a very good game for PMAC vs TCU. 0-5 and zero rebounds and a strip TO for TCU layup.

As good as the PMAC game was vs Clemson, this was a polar opposite.

One game but not encouraging to see Patrick completely disappear again in a big game. Consistency has been his 1 big issue.
More discouraging to see Kris (the supposed go-to guy on the team) play terribly in both tournament games. I hope that it’s just a bump in the road, but if we have nobody who can go get a bucket when we need one, expectations for this season will need to be readjusted and somebody like Perkins is going to need to take it upon themselves to the be “the guy”

what never ceases to amazing me is that when a player is evaluate here, 95% of the analysis is offensive shooting stats, even though 50% of the game is defense, particularly true when PMac is discussed here.

• rebounding is up, but is way behind that if Murray, Rebraca and Ogundele.
  • blocked shots. 1, far behind the above
  • foul given. Near last on team.
  • 1H fouls. His next 1st half foul will be his 1st 1H foul.
PMac does get his share of FGA, but still plays very soft on D.

IOWA is much better with his offensive game, but desperately needs his D to become just avg in B1G.

(Even last night PMac logged 33 minutes with team being -3 (which I get isn’t always a perfect correlation)
posted after Clemson game,,,,
looks spot on

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT