ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Do you wear a watch?

Do you wear a watch?

• Total voters

alaskanseminole

HR Legend
Oct 20, 2002
smart.jpg

No. I considered getting an apple watch at one point, but then I realized I don't like getting notifications on my phone, so why would I want them on my wrist?

I do have a couple nice watches for formal events.

Yes, Apple Watch for fitness tracking. Combine the Apple Watch with a cycling power meter and a bike with electronic shifting and the data is crazy.

It’s fun and interesting.

The fitness tracking is the only reason I have it. I have notifications turned off on the watch for messages.

Yes....just a plain jane digital watch, have for years. If I for some reason, forget it or something, totally throws me off, might as well have forgot my pants as it just make me feel naked without having a watch on.

Yes when wearing a suit. Match the dial face to suit color.

Nothing crazy, citizen eco drives for the most part.
Citizen makes a very solid and good looking watch for the price point. Love the eco drives.

I dress to the audience I am going to be around. I have a number of "high end" watches but would never wear one if I was meeting with a group of contractors as an example. I typically do wear a citizen or seiko though in those moments.

No. I considered getting an apple watch at one point, but then I realized I don't like getting notifications on my phone, so why would I want them on my wrist?

I do have a couple nice watches for formal events.
I like the fitness tracking, heart rate monitor, and other functions. One item we use more than we'd like to admit is the find my iphone function on it to find our phones if they fall into couch cushions or something.

Reactions: millah_22
Now that I am retired I only wear my Timex when we are on vacation.

I have 3 pretty nice watches at home. Bet I haven't worn one in 6 or 7 years so I went with no. Maybe I have for a special occasion and just don't remember.

Haven’t worn a watch in years. I don’t think I even own one at this point.

I wear a Garmin for step and exercise tracking every day. Also have a Citizen for the times I need to dress it up.

Reactions: Scruddy
For those that say they don't wear a watch, I'm curious if you wear other jewelry beyond possibly a wedding ring. Saw at least one reference to a jewelry box, so just wondering if there are other go to options you guys lean into instead.

A Pixel watch that I basically just use to track steps and monitor heart rate. I have Google assistant disabled on my phone and watch so it's function is pretty minimal.

I primarily wear an Apple Watch. It’s the best alarm clock. Have a Seiko to wear in trial. And a gold one for dressing up events.

Reactions: Moral
Citizen makes a very solid and good looking watch for the price point. Love the eco drives.

I dress to the audience I am going to be around. I have a number of "high end" watches but would never wear one if I was meeting with a group of contractors as an example. I typically do wear a citizen or seiko though in those moments.
I have worn the same Seiko every day for the last 40 years.

For those that say they don't wear a watch, I'm curious if you wear other jewelry beyond possibly a wedding ring. Saw at least one reference to a jewelry box, so just wondering if there are other go to options you guys lean into instead.
I don’t wear any jewelry. I don’t even wear my wedding ring.

Reactions: Moral
Nothing too extreme these days:

My nicest watch is a Tag Heuer self-winding watch. It is a very casual looking watch that my wife bought for me about 30 years ago, (She used to be the Wristwatch Buyer for a major department store.) These days, it mostly sits in my Watch Case. I am tired of the required maintenance/cleaning that comes along every few years ... so now it mostly sits.

I also have 3-4 Seiko dress watches of various designs for everyday use. These are battery operated and are simply more practical. Whenever the battery goes on one, I take the whole lot into the Jeweler and for $20-25, they replace all of the batteries. These are all about 25 years old at this point and each one keeps perfect time.

I have no interest in acquiring any additional watches of any kind.

Last edited:
I don't wear a watch, or any other jewelry. When I was married, I wore a wedding band until I broke my ring finger playing basketball, and almost had to have my wedding band cut off. I have other jewelry such as gold bracelets, but have rarely worn them. I do have a medic alert dog tag for an allergy. Sometimes I wear cuff links if I attend a formal event.

I have worn the same Seiko every day for the last 40 years.
Love seiko. Their grand seiko line also has some of the prettiest watch dials you will ever see regardless of price point too (though those also can get quite expensive)
Every day. I have dozens of watches. Some expensive, some less so, depends on the day and what I'm wearing. I'll never buy a smart watch.
Maybe we can be friends afterall cubby

Reactions: PoopandBoogers
I have a watch that I got when I first began making *real* money. Not sure how "high-end" it is: $1-2k. After 25 years I still like it a lot. And, in all this time I've only ever seen 1 other person who had the same watch.

In middle school I had an actual pocket watch. I thought I was so badass. And looking back, now I know I was.
My grandfather was a railroad engineer and he had a pocket watch that he used while working. As the oldest grandson, I was supposed to inherit it when he died, but one of my uncles snagged it instead. Then he died a few years later and now I have no idea what happened to the pocket watch.

Man, I could have been badass.

Last edited:
I got an Apple Watch 6 when it came out. Until then, I had seldom worn a watch since around 2008.

I wear my Apple watch around 22 hours per day. I get value out of the various health monitoring options and enjoy being able to use it for phone calls, verbal note-taking, taking pictures (you can turn on your iPhone's camera from the watch an take pictures by tapping the watch) and more.

I've worn a watch pretty much everyday for the last 15ish years, to the point where I have a semi permanent tan line and my wrist hair naturally bends around the watch case.

Mostly choose between a couple of mid-tier divers from Oris and Ball. Usually swap between rubber straps, NATO straps and steel bracelets.

Some of it is just habit, some is style, some is appreciation for engineering/movements and diving/sport legacy/lore.

Love seiko. Their grand seiko line also has some of the prettiest watch dials you will ever see regardless of price point too (though those also can get quite expensive)

Maybe we can be friends afterall cubby
We can't disagree on everything. Even broken watches are right twice a day!

• Haha
I don't wear a watch or ring but I do wear a necklace everyday, its a "dogtag" with my grandfathers thumbprint on it. Just makes me feel like I have him with me or somethin I guess

Do you get to set the goal?

"Hey, boss, I met my 100 step goal. Where's my reward?"
No.

It's 10,000 steps a day

500 steps 6 times a day within 5 minutes

3000 steps within a half hour once a day

You get rewarded every day and can earn up to a couple thousand or so by the end of the year. They keep stats ranking the top 25 in steps that you can compare on the app against everyone in the company nationwide. Usually around 30k is first place. I try to average around 25k

A good incentive to stay in shape IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT