ADVERTISEMENT

Possible Jordan Bohannon News

Now do defense.
Well, JBo is no stopper. But he and CJ logged 54 minutes/game, Connor another 23 for combined 78 min. That's an additional 26 minutes for Ulis, Perkins and JoeT. That puts all of them well over 30 min game. Need JBo or CM to come back. Otherwise there isn't enough depth for offense or defense.

If Fran can pick up a 2 guard somewhere else as good as JBo or CJ, that would be great.

Reactions: perryhawk
Well, JBo is no stopper. But he and CJ logged 54 minutes/game, Connor another 23 for combined 78 min. That's an additional 26 minutes for Ulis, Perkins and JoeT. That puts all of them well over 30 min game. Need JBo or CM to come back. Otherwise there isn't enough depth for offense or defense.

If Fran can pick up a 2 guard somewhere else as good as JBo or CJ, that would be great.
I agree with you in that we need JBo or CM to come back for added depth. However, your math may be skewed as to the number of minutes that would be required to play the PG and SG position. Together both positions would require 80 minutes divided between Ulis, Perkins and JoeT since CM didn't get all his minutes at PG. He played at PF for some of his 23 minutes a game.

It has been said that Keegan could play at SG so there could be added depth there to go along with Perkins at SG should JBo not come back or another SG from the Portal not be added. At one time I believe that Kenyon Murray said that Keegan's natural position was at SG although I could be wrong about that. A 6'8" SG would be a matchup nightmare for some teams as long as Keegan could make the 3 pt shot.

Reactions: Hawk_4shur
I agree with you in that we need JBo or CM to come back for added depth. However, your math may be skewed as to the number of minutes that would be required to play the PG and SG position. Together both positions would require 80 minutes divided between Ulis, Perkins and JoeT since CM didn't get all his minutes at PG. He played at PF for some of his 23 minutes a game.

It has been said that Keegan could play at SG so there could be added depth there to go along with Perkins at SG should JBo not come back or another SG from the Portal not be added. At one time I believe that Kenyon Murray said that Keegan's natural position was at SG although I could be wrong about that. A 6'8" SG would be a matchup nightmare for some teams as long as Keegan could make the 3 pt shot.
I didn't know that about KM - I don't really see it, but I'm all for it if it works.

Did this thread just turn to OP's mom?????
OP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smom

I've been vocally critical of JBo this season but only due to him playing out of position at point guard.

If he's going to play shooting guard, this is fantastic news. Huge need and he's a proven scorer/shooter.

Just another way for HR message board jerks to hate on an all-time Hawkeye great. Pathetic.
I can see both sides of the fans thoughts, BUT you have to wonder the effect on Ulis, and Joe T if Jbo says he's returning. Do you not see this as a problem for Iowa's future? These kids come to college with expectations of playing. Jbo already parlayed his surgery into returning an extra year longer then he would have been at Iowa and now possibly another?

I can see both sides of the fans thoughts, BUT you have to wonder the effect on Ulis, and Joe T if Jbo says he's returning. Do you not see this as a problem for Iowa's future? These kids come to college with expectations of playing. Jbo already parlayed his surgery into returning an extra year longer then he would have been at Iowa and now possibly another?
We lost CJF and his minutes. To me, JBo would slot in exactly where CJF would have been. No lost minutes for any of the other guards. Also, Ulis and JoeT are point guards so I'd expect them to be playing alongside JBo, not competing for minutes with him.

If JBo returns and Fran decides to play him at point guard, that would be a huge mistake.

OP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smomOP’smom
Wow. I stared at it long enough and finally saw the dolphin!

Quote from article:
---
My original plans were not to come back. I was going to end it there and start playing professionally,” Bohannon told the Register. “I was so sure I wasn’t coming back that I hadn’t opened up a single class until (Tuesday) night.”
Academically, Bohannon must finish the semester strong to be eligible next season. He feels good about that after working hard to catch up on assignments this past week.
----

🤔. Does that mean he hadn't done any class work since December?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: longliveCS40
"[Bohannon] was invigorated by McCaffery telling him that players on the current roster wanted him back, and that he could become a focal point in the Hawkeyes' fast-paced offense"

Quote from article:

“My original plans were not to come back. I was going to end it there and start playing professionally,” Bohannon told the Register. “I was so sure I wasn’t coming back that I hadn’t opened up a single class until (Tuesday) night.”

Essentially very little! Sounds good to me as a SG and not a PG. We need another perimeter threat with no Weezy or CJ. Now teams won't be able to pack the lane as much around Mulvey/Big O/Filip.

Cool! Especially, with what looks like a realization from Fran that Ahron and Joe should be the point guards.

Yep that's all I needed to see. I was against Bohannon coming back originally, but that was before Fredrick left, and with the thought that Fran would play him as the point again for 30 mins a game. I'm all on board with Bohannon coming off ball and letting Toussaint run the show, Ulis off the bench.

Quote from article:
---
My original plans were not to come back. I was going to end it there and start playing professionally,” Bohannon told the Register. “I was so sure I wasn’t coming back that I hadn’t opened up a single class until (Tuesday) night.”
Academically, Bohannon must finish the semester strong to be eligible next season. He feels good about that after working hard to catch up on assignments this past week.
----

He wanted to be paid to do his homework but that didnt quite pan out. So he complains he cant earn money but states that he changed his mind on going to play 'professionally' to make money and instead is going to return for another year of not making money. Gotta love the consistent messaging!!

If we are being honest there was no better shooter in the portal so the fact he is coming back is better than anyone we could’ve gotten. Plus he will play off guard and can run around screens and such while Toussaint and Ulis play make. They are also good enough on D to make up for him

Essentially very little! Sounds good to me as a SG and not a PG. We need another perimeter threat with no Weezy or CJ. Now teams won't be able to pack the lane as much around Mulvey/Big O/Filip.

While I agree we need another threat, the article made it sound like this was the final piece. Hopefully it was just poorly worded.

It makes sense, JBo is certainly better than anyone they could have gotten in the transfer portal. Most teams they play won’t have 2 speedy guards, so JBo will just guard the lesser of the 2 when he's in. And, if we run into an Oregon-type team, he just sits more. I like it!

This is huge! A shooter we so desperately need and a seasoned upper classman to help mentor the younger players. As long as JBo doesn't try to do too much or play hero ball, the importance of this can't be understated.

I think he could have a monster year, quite honestly. He's always been a shooting guard playing out of position. Get better athletes on the floor with him this season that can penetrate and create open looks for him and it might be a recipe for success.

I'll go on record now and say I think JBo will be the leading scorer on the team next season.

Reactions: AlvySinger
Who are we kidding , if he was in the portal , he would have had his pick of the purple bloods.
Maybe a few blues

I’m glad he’s back , don’t forget he doinked #35(?)
FKDavison

I don't see how this can be viewed as anything but a plus? Still wouldn't mind one more addition from the portal.

And as an added bonus... JBo gets to "punk" ISU one more time.

We lost CJF and his minutes. To me, JBo would slot in exactly where CJF would have been. No lost minutes for any of the other guards. Also, Ulis and JoeT are point guards so I'd expect them to be playing alongside JBo, not competing for minutes with him.

If JBo returns and Fran decides to play him at point guard, that would be a huge mistake.
The big statement there is IF. If Jbo plays 20 some minutes per game as a 2 then he could be a big help offensively. Of course we are still where we've been the last five years with him on defense, which ends up being our issue pretty much every year, YES?

It makes sense, JBo is certainly better than anyone they could have gotten in the transfer portal. Most teams they play won’t have 2 speedy guards, so JBo will just guard the lesser of the 2 when he's in. And, if we run into an Oregon-type team, he just sits more. I like it!
He isn't going to sit any more than he would have before based on who the team is playing - he's going to be playing a far different role as a shooter instead of as a facilitator. That alone will change his playing time.

Reactions: AlvySinger

Do you believe Fran would play JBo at the 2?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT