ADVERTISEMENT

Possible Jordan Bohannon News

No I hadn't. I asked the question as my observation over the years has been that Coach McC has shown a propensity to do what he believes is right despite what others say is obvious to them, and that he also has a track record of loyalty to his other guys. I see lot's of talk of limiting JBo's minutes, but not much track record from Fran that he would do so when Jordan could go physically. He values offense, and I can remember a post game report this year when he talked about how much trouble the reserves were having scoring, thus why he went back to starters. I was connecting the dots to say, JBO, short an injury, will likely see minutes similar to what we have seen in the past versus the more limited minutes advocated by many posters in this thread.

Show me a coach that does what other people think is obvious to them and I will show you a coach who is out of a job! Every coach does what they believe is right or they would not be a head coach.

Reactions: Ronman
Well, okay, JBO is back. At least he will be at the 2nd guard position. I think there would have a revolt if he went back to the point. I am starting to warm up to the idea of him being back with the team. He will give us another shooter and that is important. I still have the same concerns about his lack of defense but I will give him the benefit of the doubt and see how this goes.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Everyone has speedy guards compared to JBO.

In order to play high level defense you need your guards to be able to switch. You can't just hide a player anymore. Everyone knows how to isolate a weakness.

Im guessing Fran will end up playing zone more often now and they'll be mediocre again.

But atleast we'll be treated to a whole bunch of long 3pt attempts.

I expect it will be allot like Kingsburys last year.

Mediocre is an improvement over what many on this board seem to be expecting. JBo and Tony should make for a good combo at the two guard. One is a good outside shooter while the other can get to the rim and play more defense.

Well I have to say that at first I was upset and disappointed but then read the article....if he’s really coming back to play that role at the 2....I’m ok with this. Provided he puts in an effort on defense or Fran pulls him if he’s not willing to.

And maybe try to not seek as much attention on Twitter during the season.
Not likely based on history.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Mediocre is an improvement over what many on this board seem to be expecting. JBo and Tony should make for a good combo at the two guard. One is a good outside shooter while the other can get to the rim and play more defense.
I was fairly optimistic before hearing this.

Was holding out hope Connor would be done too.

Now I just expect more of the same Fran stuff as always.

In order to play high level defense you need your guards to be able to switch. You can't just hide a player anymore. Everyone knows how to isolate a weakness.

Im guessing Fran will end up playing zone more often now and they'll be mediocre again.

I sure as eff hope not! Kingsbury shot <31% as a junior (before he left school).

He's only back for his name, image, likeness bs. That's his raison detre. He's well aware that if he graduates he's mostly irrelevant in that regard. This has little to do with basketball.

Reactions: AnyOneButYou

So you're expecting worse shooting, bad behavior, and suspensions? Except for that game against UConn, Kingsbury was mostly a liability that season.

No retweet’s from the JoeT, Ulis or Perkins yet. I really hope Fran has talked to them and none of them leave.

Maybe not if we are to believe that CJ couldn't play defense which is what we are hearing based on the Oregon game. He does however appear to be getting a lot of interest supposedly from some blue-bloods.

Before we threw the Iowa guards under the bus after the Oregon game consider the B1G season as a whole. The Iowa defense kept B1G teams in 10 games to scoring under 70 points, 6 games under 80, and 5 games (all losses) over 80. Iowa made a big turnaround once they played pretty much strictly man to man and they were 4th in D1 with a scoring average over 83 points per game.

What happened in the Oregon game was that Iowa had to play against an Oregon team that didn't have to play against Virginia Tech 36 or so hours earlier and Iowa had to play against a competitive Grand Canyon 38 hours earlier. They played against Oregon with Oregon having fresher legs. The coaches aren't going to use this as an excuse nor should they. Iowa did however play against some B1G teams with excellent athletes and quick physical guards and stayed in almost every game that they played during the year.
LOLOLOL.. So it was because Oregon had fresher legs? That’s the best excuse I’ve heard so far at to why they stomped us. Don’t yoU think maybe it’s because they have athletes? I recall any team with a shred of athleticism pretty much getting down the lane at will all year long.

Jess Settles just said, “Man, it seems like Bohannon has been there forever!”

The MSU student section needs to modify the humorous “Grandpa Settles” chant to “ Grandpa JBo”.

That chant was great, Jess thought it was hilarious too, it was all he could do to not break out laughing.

I’m sure some of you remember that too...

LOLOLOL.. So it was because Oregon had fresher legs? That’s the best excuse I’ve heard so far at to why they stomped us. Don’t yoU think maybe it’s because they have athletes? I recall any team with a shred of athleticism pretty much getting down the lane at will all year long.
This is just stupid. Iowa KILLED some teams with better athletes. But the playing field was level. You are just being an idiot if you can't see that. Injuries and quick turnaround definitely hurt the hawks.

Quote from article:
---
My original plans were not to come back. I was going to end it there and start playing professionally,” Bohannon told the Register. “I was so sure I wasn’t coming back that I hadn’t opened up a single class until (Tuesday) night.”
Academically, Bohannon must finish the semester strong to be eligible next season. He feels good about that after working hard to catch up on assignments this past week.
----

🤔. Does that mean he hadn't done any class work since December?
Play professionally lol. Apparently he’s delusional.

This is just stupid. Iowa KILLED some teams with better athletes. But the playing field was level. You are just being an idiot if you can't see that. Injuries and quick turnaround definitely hurt the hawks.
Them beating teams with better athletes had to do with Garza. Apparently you’re an idiot if you can’t see that. The guards got smoked all year long, and in case you didn’t notice the conference was way overrated, as evidenced by what happened in the tourney. If the players were injured so bad, then why weren’t the better athletes sitting on the bench playing? Oregon’s guards 67 Iowa guards 0. Just due to Oregon not playing and having fresher legs. Next excuse

No retweet’s from the JoeT, Ulis or Perkins yet. I really hope Fran has talked to them and none of them leave.

Where are they going where they're going to be guaranteed playing time. JBo is one person and there's two positions. The only one this should really impact is Perkins and it would be idiotic to go into next season with only one SG.

Reactions: AlvySinger
Since I have absolutely no ability whatsoever to influence how he's used all I can do at this point is hope that Fran has a plan to cover up Bohannon's bottom of the barrel D.
I'm still interested in watching next year to see what Keagan, Joe T and all the rest who got limited minutes do with more floor time.

Injuries yes , I'm not sure the turnaround mattered.

Oregon was a bad matchup for Iowa because they play 5 out. There was no one for Luka to guard and with him being extended out there was no help for JBO.

Still there was a lot of luck with Oregon hitting so many 3s.

Figueroa hitting all those 3s was about as likely as the Msu game where Connor went off from 3. They are similar 3pt percentage shooters.

Them beating teams with better athletes had to do with Garza. Apparently you’re an idiot if you can’t see that. The guards got smoked all year long, and in case you didn’t notice the conference was way overrated, as evidenced by what happened in the tourney. If the players were injured so bad, then why weren’t the better athletes sitting on the bench playing? Oregon’s guards 67 Iowa guards 0. Just due to Oregon not playing and having fresher legs. Next excuse
I don't care about your opinion. You're not an Iowa fan.

Injuries yes , I'm not sure the turnaround mattered.

Oregon was a bad matchup for Iowa because they play 5 out. There was no one for Luka to guard and with him being extended out there was no help for JBO.

Still there was a lot of luck with Oregon hitting so many 3s.

Figueroa hitting all those 3s was about as likely as the Msu game where Connor went off from 3. They are similar 3pt percentage shooters.
37 hour turnaround? you know it had to...

Reactions: regibson1
I would hope it looks something like this

Joe T
Jordan
Pat
Keegan
Rebraca

Before anyone complains, yes there would be nights size would overwhelm a team like that. Mulvey and Big O will get more minutes when it’s necessary. Otherwise, that’s the type of lineup Iowa fans were drooling over when they watched small ball in the tourney.

Again, after consulting with Margaret;

Joe T
JBo
Patrick!!!
Connor!!!

Filip

Reactions: ChuckBarkley
ADVERTISEMENT