ADVERTISEMENT

Possible Jordan Bohannon News

Quote from article:
---
My original plans were not to come back. I was going to end it there and start playing professionally,” Bohannon told the Register. “I was so sure I wasn’t coming back that I hadn’t opened up a single class until (Tuesday) night.”
Academically, Bohannon must finish the semester strong to be eligible next season. He feels good about that after working hard to catch up on assignments this past week.
----

🤔. Does that mean he hadn't done any class work since December?
Sounds very intelligent as some have posted.

• Haha
Reactions: bozotheclown
Buy stock in mops. When November comes around and JBO and CMAC are both in the starting lineup heads will explode.

I would hope it looks something like this

Joe T
Jordan
Pat
Keegan
Rebraca

Before anyone complains, yes there would be nights size would overwhelm a team like that. Mulvey and Big O will get more minutes when it’s necessary. Otherwise, that’s the type of lineup Iowa fans were drooling over when they watched small ball in the tourney.

Joe T
Jordan
Pat
Keegan
Rebraca

Before anyone complains, yes there would be nights size would overwhelm a team like that. Mulvey and Big O will get more minutes when it’s necessary. Otherwise, that’s the type of lineup Iowa fans were drooling over when they watched small ball in the tourney.
A team with 3 players 6'9" and over shouldn't be overwhelmed by size!

Joe T
Jordan
Pat
Keegan
Rebraca

Agree with this starting five. Second unit should see a ton of playing time....... Ulis, Perkins, Sandifort, Murray and BIg O. 😎❤️🏀

Reactions: AlvySinger
Well I have to say that at first I was upset and disappointed but then read the article....if he’s really coming back to play that role at the 2....I’m ok with this. Provided he puts in an effort on defense or Fran pulls him if he’s not willing to.

And maybe try to not seek as much attention on Twitter during the season.

Look at the PPG he has for Joe T and Ulis. Just that alone is a head-scratcher. Seems like he is spinning an arrow or using an Ouija board. 🤣

Did you miss the bolded part?

Bubblish right now based on these projections. They aren't perfect but at least something to discuss.

Seems like JB is an instant upgrade for 3 point shooting and senior leadership but are you guys worried about recruiting that position? Just means more bench time for prospects and backups.

Seems like JB is an instant upgrade for 3 point shooting and senior leadership but are you guys worried about recruiting that position? Just means more bench time for prospects and backups.

He has one year left. How would this impact potential recruits that are just finishing up their junior year in HS?

He has one year left. How would this impact potential recruits that are just finishing up their junior year in HS?

Fran could have gotten an instant transfer with multiple years to play right away. Though if there is no one better than what JB has to offer then you take what you know.

Did you read the article?
No I hadn't. I asked the question as my observation over the years has been that Coach McC has shown a propensity to do what he believes is right despite what others say is obvious to them, and that he also has a track record of loyalty to his other guys. I see lot's of talk of limiting JBo's minutes, but not much track record from Fran that he would do so when Jordan could go physically. He values offense, and I can remember a post game report this year when he talked about how much trouble the reserves were having scoring, thus why he went back to starters. I was connecting the dots to say, JBO, short an injury, will likely see minutes similar to what we have seen in the past versus the more limited minutes advocated by many posters in this thread.

Last edited:
Well, if you need a shooter, getting an extra season from the best 3 point shooter in school history is probably going to be the best option you can find. Being the best passer as a bonus. Although I'd like to see a new era, I'd like to see Iowa win more than I want new.

Firmly in the Joe T must start caucus. The nature of the team, more driving and attacking the basket, means we need a penetrating guard and a guy that can stop the ball and create defensive chaos because the offensive will be more diverse.

Lots of ripples for the lineup. Fil and Keegan are probably locked down starters. They aren't bringing Jordan back to ride the pine so if he's truly healthy Jordan starts. I think Joe is the 4th starter. That really leaves basically an intra McCaffery battle and given the changed nature of the team and style of play, Patrick is a much better player. Unless Connor massively improves his scoring ability I don't see how we can afford a non scorer getting much time next season.

No I hadn't. I asked the question as my observation over the years has been that Coach McC has shown a propensity to do what he believes is right despite what others say is obvious to them, and that he also has a track record of loyalty to his other guys. I see lot's of talk of limiting JBo's minutes, but not much track record from Fran that he would do so when Jordan could go physically. He values offense, and I can remember a post game report this year when he talked about how much trouble the reserves were having scoring, thus why he went back to starters. I was connecting the dots to say, JBO, short an injury, will likely see minutes similar to what we have seen in the past versus the more limited minutes advocated by many posters in this thread.

But...but that wasn’t the question you asked.

The big statement there is IF. If Jbo plays 20 some minutes per game as a 2 then he could be a big help offensively. Of course we are still where we've been the last five years with him on defense, which ends up being our issue pretty much every year, YES?
Not necessarily. His defensive abilities will be the same (I don't expect him to improve as it's physical limitations). However, we get a pretty significant upgrade in defense at the other guard and forward positions next season in my opinion. I think those upgrades make us a much better perimeter
defensive team.

The issue I see next year is against teams with big forwards and centers as we won't be deep or experienced at those positions.

It makes sense, JBo is certainly better than anyone they could have gotten in the transfer portal. Most teams they play won’t have 2 speedy guards, so JBo will just guard the lesser of the 2 when he's in. And, if we run into an Oregon-type team, he just sits more. I like it!
Everyone has speedy guards compared to JBO.

In order to play high level defense you need your guards to be able to switch. You can't just hide a player anymore. Everyone knows how to isolate a weakness.

Im guessing Fran will end up playing zone more often now and they'll be mediocre again.

But atleast we'll be treated to a whole bunch of long 3pt attempts.

I expect it will be allot like Kingsburys last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT