ADVERTISEMENT

Post a beautiful photograph or painting....

39_Kinnick_with_Trophy-e1570647099211.jpg

I don't have any pics, but I have some pretty cool artwork hanging in my office. It was done by my great-grandfather, who was an artist; for a while he'd gotten into a different painting, style, "verre eglomise" - the painting is done in reverse, on the back of the glass, then framed. It takes a lot of thought and is unforgiving - you have to picture the forefront & paint it on first, the background goes on last. Once it's on & dry, there's no painting over to correct what you don't like.
I have a few hanging in my office, all are mountain scenes with lakes or rivers, lots of trees, maybe a house or two on the mountain or boats on the water.
My brother has one of his other works, a similar scene, 360 degrees, painted on the inside of a wine bottle; he had to envision it, figure out what goes on first, & bend small brushes to reach down in & paint it. It's very, very cool. My dad (and his mom) always joked that he really liked his wine & most certainly drained the bottle himself prior to painting the inside of it.

5451.jpg
In my visits to Paris I became enamored by Delacroix the artist. He is considered to be the inventor of a style that has the action running off the canvas. Much like a photograph would be. Before him no one would ever paint just an arm of someone on the edge of a painting where the rest of the person was “off screen”.

His paintings are huge as well. Entire wall size. So much goin on. Here’s one of his most famous.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT