ADVERTISEMENT

PP Defense

GunnerHawk

HR All-American
Mar 16, 2014
Sad how bad we play defensively. Every team we play shoots lights out from the perimeter. I lost count how many wide open threes they had tonight.

We give up 90 against a mediocre team. This program needs a new coach. All championship level coaches have to sit back and be laughing inside at Franball. He is the Mike D’Antoni of college basketball.

Sad how bad we play defensively. Every team we play shoots lights out from the perimeter. I lost count how many wide open threes they had tonight.
We've got to be the team that gives up the most wide-open corner 3's in the NCAA.

The sad thing is Fran's half time interview. We need to get a little better on the defensive end. OSU is the best three point shooting team in the BIG, yet we are playing off of them. After the half, more of the same crap. I've supported Fran for many years but my patience is wearing thin.

The sad thing is Fran's half time interview. We need to get a little better on the defensive end. OSU is the best three point shooting team in the BIG, yet we are playing off of them. After the half, more of the same crap. I've supported Fran for many years but my patience is wearing thin.
Pretty much in the same boat now.

Fran finally had a little NBA level talent on the team for the first time during the Garza, Weiskamp and Murray brothers years. Got one BTT title out of it.....never made it out of the first weekend of the NCAA's.

At some point results matter and he ain't producing them.

Appreciate him resurrecting the program after the Lickliter disaster but it's time to move on.

Obviously isn't gonna happen this year but he should be on the chopping block depending on next years results.

Pretty much in the same boat now.

Fran finally had a little NBA level talent on the team for the first time during the Garza, Weiskamp and Murray brothers years. Got one BTT title out of it.....never made it out of the first weekend of the NCAA's.

At some point results matter and he ain't producing them.

Appreciate him resurrecting the program after the Lickliter disaster but it's time to move on.

Obviously isn't gonna happen this year but he should be on the chopping block depending on next years results.
Unfortunately that idiot Barta extended his conyracy for another 4 years. I wouldn't leave without a nice golden parachute either.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
My grandmother could have scored on their so called defense.
I only watched the first half, it's all I could take. Three straight Ohio State possessions, ball handler at the top of the key blew right by our defender. Three different possessions, three different defenders, same result. I think of my high school coach and what the consequences would be if we played that kind of defense. Wowzers.

Reactions: ozzie8 and LukaDuka
Yep, OSU guard drives, everyone collapses, leaving a perimeter shooter white open. Dish. Splash. Rinse and repeat all game long.

Reactions: RocknRollface
When I need to defend my PP, I find a nice steel cod piece works pretty well.

Like I said, the coaches want the wing perimeter defenders to slide in and cut off penetration which leaves wide open trey shots. I say Fran teach your defenders to stop or deflect the penetration by themselves

Reactions: TampaHawkfan
I quit counting how many back when the Hawks lost to Northwestern State back in 2006 I think.

I refer to the Tom Davis 3-point defense as "Watch them shoot and hope they miss." The same was true last night.

Reactions: cmhawks99
Honestly poor perimeter D has been a thing since the Davis days.

Yes,you are correct, The Drs press worked decent, but their half court defense was trash. Outside of a little bit under Alford, we have not played good defense since I’ve been a fan really…

Honestly poor perimeter D has been a thing since the Davis days.
I agree. But that game stands out to me because of the lead IOWA had (17), with the time left on the clock (8 min) and the consecutive bombs NWS buried to steal the win with a fade away 3 with time running out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT