• All 5

Votes: 8 3.5%

Votes: 7 3.1%

Votes: 25 11.0%

Votes: 42 18.4%

Votes: 84 36.8%

Votes: 62 27.2%

• Total voters
One thing I took away from what Bo said is one of his goals is to go to a school where he can change a program. If he means what he says, that’s not PSU. He’s just another cog in the National Champion wheel there. If he wants to change a program he’d have to go somewhere that is competing with PSU and help that program overtake them. Obviously, I hope it’s Iowa (although not likely) Both Jax and Bo seem like great kids that would be easy to root for.
I agree, he could go to PSU and be an "All Time Great" or go to Iowa and become an absolute "Legend".

Reactions: Spoons and Grip220
Iowa State Fits Bo’s description to a T, depending how you want to look at it. Iowa could very well fit his description also!
The more I think of it the more I believe the connection between Bo and Spencer is not to be overlooked. He could very well be the next chapter in bringing the Hawkeye’s back to the top. I think its clear he is not going to PSU

Mendez and Bouzakis would be tough to beat out in folkstyle
Mendez is super tough and is tough out for anyone. He is likely the heir apparent at 65kg for USA wrestling now. I would guess that Davino who I believe is the last guy to beat Blaze (although Blaze avenged that loss) will be the guy to beat at 133 for Ohio State not Bouzakis by next year.

Also FWIW Ohio State guys do not feel confident they will get Blaze.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: vhsalum
Good question. The transfers have all been guys who found success at the D-1 level already and saw Iowa as a step up the ladder. The high school kids have a lot more uncertainty due to the fact that people grow/change a lot while transitioning to college. Some decide college isn’t for them or get burned out. Some just don’t pan out, for whatever reason. Those things seem to happen to Iowa fairly frequently.
Not a step up the ladder a step up the pay scale

Well, probably both. Iowa currently is the number two team in the nation with easily the biggest fan base.
If like wrestling in front of people, you go to Iowa. We even average more people attending our road meets than any other team, and our first year woman’s team had better home attendance than any other men’s team. I hope they are selling that hard to top recruits.

If like wrestling in front of people, you go to Iowa. We even average more people attending our road meets than any other team, and our first year woman’s team had better home attendance than any other men’s team. I hope they are selling that hard to top recruits.
There is usually a big crowd on Saturday night at the ncaa's, that is something most wrestlers would prefer over wrestling in front of 15,000 on a cold january night in carver. Which program/coach gives me the best chance to do that?

There is usually a big crowd on Saturday night at the ncaa's, that is something most wrestlers would prefer over wrestling in front of 15,000 on a cold january night in carver. Which program/coach gives me the best chance to do that?
It’s the talent of the wrestlers that get them on a run in the tournament. The success of your PSU team has always been about recruiting. Earlier this year, someone did a run down of how well our recent wrestlers have done relative to their status as a recruit was, and it turns out TnT were actually doing a good job developing, but you can’t consistently turn a sows ear into a silk purse. If these high level guys we are after come to Iowa, they will be major players at the tournament. Kennedy may be only high level recruit for us who hasn’t performed post season. Spencer still managed to be a star with F’d up knees since his center of high school, without redshirting.

Reactions: Spoons
We’re talking about transfers. And PSU still only gets one guy per weight.

Reactions: Gusaford
Wish we had a shot at Blaze but we don’t. Wish we had a shot at Jax but we don’t. We are definitely on Bassett and Raney twins radar. Ross is ours to lose. Kid I want more than anybody is Miller(157 sophomore) kid is a monster. Basset is 2nd on my wish list behind Miller but what I would give to land both.
The path Bassett blazes is probably the path Miller follows.

The path Bassett blazes is probably the path Miller follows.
I agree and have said this so many times. If you land Bassett then you also will get Melvin Miller the following year. You then get Keegan Bassett and Mario Hutcherson in the class of 2028. That is the next Young Guns pipeline. You do that and also get the top Seabolt kids to stay home.

I agree and have said this so many times. If you land Bassett then you also will get Melvin Miller the following year. You then get Keegan Bassett and Mario Hutcherson in the class of 2028. That is the next Young Guns pipeline. You do that and also get the top Seabolt kids to stay home.
Exactly. That’s why it isn’t just Bo’s talent alone that makes him so important. If only Spencer had a list of wrestlers like this waiting to follow him. We would have had a handful of championships since he joined us. Bo talked about how Iowa State would be great because his style is so much like metcalf and would have the opportunity to be trained by him. Hello! What coach do you think had his style and trained him?? What coach did metcalf want so bad he was willing to sacrifice a year of eligibility to follow instead of wrestling for Dresser?? It was Tom of coarse, and Bo has a chance to be coached by him and his brother instead of settling for second best. If he watches the Flo documentary on Terry and TnT, he will realize their philosophy fits him to a T, and has the biggest fan base and big bag of money to boot.

Don't forget the 🔥 Iowa City college girls that just transitioned to leggings, uggs and pumpkin spiced freak offs! They will keep him warm at night..
Did you just say Iowa City has freak offs?

Running Man Abandon Thread GIF by MOODMAN

Anyone else watch Meatloaf on the Celebrity Apprentice several years ago? The dude has some major anger issues. Totally lost his shit on Gary Bussey. Gary was a master at pushing his buttons. That was a good show IMO.

Anyone else watch Meatloaf on the Celebrity Apprentice several years ago? The dude has some major anger issues. Totally lost his shit on Gary Bussey. Gary was a master at pushing his buttons. That was a good show IMO.
I'd say he had some major anger issues, since he's dead. And you're right. He did. Unfortunately, loved his music.

I hate fresh stuff. When Jimmy Buffett was alive did anyone go to his concerts hoping to hear new crap? Hells no...Fins...Cheeseburger...Margaritaville...that's what the people want.
Pirates Look at Forty, Tin Cup Chalice, Bama Breeze....

Pirates Look at Forty, Tin Cup Chalice, Bama Breeze....

See, these might be fine songs but they don't live up to the standard of the others. The others are true parallels to the Telford and Grothus bits. These are perhaps more in the EB realm. Good stuff but without the staying power.

• Haha
Reactions: el dub
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT