ADVERTISEMENT

President Biden officially declares he's running for reelection

Morrison71

HR Legend
Nov 10, 2006

After months of hinting at a likely bid, President Biden officially announced on Tuesday that he will seek a second term as president of the United States in the 2024 election.

"When I ran for president four years ago, I said we are in a battle for the soul of America. And we still are. The question we are facing is whether in the years ahead we have more freedom or less freedom. More rights or fewer," Biden said in a 3-minute video announcing his run.

The video links images from the Jan. 6 riots at the Capitol with protests over the Supreme Court decision overturning abortion rights.
Click to shrink...
At 80, Biden is the oldest person to serve as president, a point that has given Democrats pause, questioning, at times, whether he gives them the best chance at winning. But the former vice president and longtime Delaware senator is unlikely to face a serious challenge for the nomination.

Rank-and-file Democratic voters began to coalesce around the president, as his intention to run became evident.
Click to shrink...
Half of Democrats and Democratic-leaning independents said in a February NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll that they had a better chance with Biden than someone else. That was a reversal from shortly before the 2022 midterms when a majority said they thought they would have a better shot with someone else.

That alternative, however, never emerged. Vice President Harris and Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg, for example, have had consistently worse favorability ratings.
Click to shrink...
Biden's entry now sets up a potential rematch with former President Donald Trump, who announced in November that he would also make another run for office. Trump is expected to face a vigorous primary race, though he remains the candidate to beat.
Biden's 2024 video features an image of Trump with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, a onetime ally and now likely challenger in the Republican race — along with an image of Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga. — as Biden describes what he calls "MAGA extremists" who he said are "dictating what health care decisions women can make, banning books, and telling people who they can love. All while making it more difficult for you to be able to vote."

Biden ran his first campaign on a platform of fighting for "the soul of our nation," arguing that Trump had stirred up racist and antidemocratic sentiment that was hurting the country.
Click to shrink...
Biden ended Tuesday's campaign announcement with the phrase "let's finish the job," a line he first tested out in his State of the Union address this year.

Biden repeated the phrase 12 times during that speech in February, referring to rebuilding the middle class, capping the cost of insulin, expanding Medicaid, acting on climate change, increasing taxes on billionaires, strengthening antitrust enforcement, getting more affordable housing, funding universal pre-K, increasing vocational job opportunities, pushing for police reform and banning assault-style weapons.
Click to shrink...
On Tuesday, Biden also announced some key members of his campaign team: campaign manager Julie Chávez Rodriguez, who has been the White House point person with governors and mayors during Biden's first term in office, and principal deputy campaign manager Quentin Fulks, who ran the campaign of Sen. Raphael Warnock, D-Ga., in 2022.

I’m back bitches

cool-biden.jpg

giphy.gif

We are supposedly the greatest nation on the planet and the best we can come up with is a soon to be octogenarian narcissistic felonious traitor and … Biden. I guess I vote Biden, but I am pissed that he thinks he represents the best path forward for America. There are other moderate voices I would greatly prefer.

And I 100% agree he should ditch Kamala…she does nothing for the future of the Democratic Party Or the country.

giphy.gif

We are supposedly the greatest nation on the planet and the best we can come up with is a soon to be octogenarian narcissistic felonious traitor and … Biden. I guess I vote Biden, but I am pissed that he thinks he represents the best path forward for America. There are other moderate voices I would greatly prefer.

And I 100% agree he should ditch Kamala…she does nothing for the future of the Democratic Party Or the country.
The thing about Kamala is it takes one medical issue for Joe between now and the election to put her front and center.

Reasonably safe bet a 80+ year old man will have one in the next 18 months...

Need someone folks are comfortable with in the bullpen. It ain't Kamala...

I agree, but is there another viable woman of color he can replace her with? Or does he have to work down the oppression scale and pick a LGBTQ&%@+ person with unique pronouns?
That's another problem...there's no obvious replacement. Another issue is how the F do you replace her if she doesn't want to be replaced?

The thing about Kamala is it takes one medical issue for Joe between now and the election to put her front and center.

Reasonably safe bet a 80+ year old man will have one in the next 18 months...

Need someone folks are comfortable with in the bullpen. It ain't Kamala...
This Kamala fear is beyond absurd. She would be surrounded by enough people who understand how the world works to help guide her in any major decisions she would need to make, foreign policy wise. She was attacked from day 1, more than any other VP, for stupid reasons, and I wonder why that is.

Do I want Kamala as POTUS? No. But I would pick her over any Republican, easily. She would be just fine for a couple of years if she had to.

This Kamala fear is beyond absurd. She would be surrounded by enough people who understand how the world works to help guide her in any major decisions she would need to make, foreign policy wise. She was attacked from day 1, more than any other VP, for stupid reasons, and I wonder why that is.

Do I want Kamala as POTUS? No. But I would pick her over any Republican, easily. She would be just fine for a couple of years if she had to.
Yep. Simple as that.

Solid choice. Unfortunately a political non starter.
I'd vote for him just to get my Grandfather's spaghetti into The White House! Christine served it to the governor's staff every year for Christmas Eve dinner. It's unique and really good. One of those recipes where you think, "How did he come up with that?"

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2

How on earth do you know who she would surround herself with? The people she has already surrounded her self with pretty much have all quit because they couldn’t deal with her idiocy. She’s already down to the 3rd and 4th string.

Reactions: EasyHawk

Any way you cut it she's an issue. She flamed out in 2020 in her presidential run and didn't even stick around for her home state California.

With Joes age there's going to be more scrutiny on the VP. There's scrutiny on her because she sucks...D voters rejected her in the 2020 primaries...

Sugar coat it all you want.

How on earth do you know who she would surround herself with? The people she has already surrounded her self with pretty much have all quit because they couldn’t deal with her idiocy. She’s already down to the 3rd and 4th string.
Oh...I just assumed her cabinet would remain the same. I think you're overstating your point here. Not positive, but I think there's a little exaggerating or twisting of facts.

Any way you cut it she's an issue. She flamed out in 2020 in her presidential run and didn't even stick around for her home state California.

With Joes age there's going to be more scrutiny on the VP. There's scrutiny on her because she sucks...D voters rejected her in the 2020 primaries...

Sugar coat it all you want.
She'd do fine. Better than, again, any Republican, by far.

I'd be more concerned if Biden said he wanted Nikki Haley or Mike Pompeo as his running mate.

Why don’t you tell us. It’s probably the same reason democrats hate kimmy , isn’t it?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Ree4
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT