ADVERTISEMENT

President Biden officially declares he's running for reelection

Solid choice. Unfortunately a political non starter.
Well isn't that part of the problem? Using a bunch of stupid political games instead of getting the best candidates running for the highest office.

We get what we deserve, Biden v Trump 2.0. I think I want to puke a little. The rest of the world laughing at our implosion. By 2028 we'll be a third world sh*thole owned by China.

And that seems to be all that matters. Fvc* the country as long as Team Blue wins, right?
When the other candidate is Donald Trump, yeah eff everything else that matters. Electability is a number one priority.

I would be happy with Kermit the Frog as the Democratic nominee if I knew he had the best chance to beat Trump.

Its more sad that the younger generations cant seem to come up with anyone.

Maybe its the Millenials that should give it up.
Agree there is a lack of quality younger candidates, but disagree that the finger should be pointed at Millennials. Gen X, which is my generation, is at the age where you would normally expect to see them taking the reigns of power and producing the leaders of today.

Reactions: BrunoMars420
Agree there is a lack of quality younger candidates, but disagree that the finger should be pointed at Millennials. Gen X, which is my generation, is at the age where you would normally expect to see them taking the reigns of power and producing the leaders of today.

We have two very good ones, one we let get away in Steve Bullock from Montana. I also think Whitmer would make an outstanding president. I hope she runs in four years. I am a big fan. History has shown time and again that governors make the best presidents.

We have two very good ones, one we let get away in Steve Bullock from Montana. I also think Whitmer would make an outstanding president. I hope she runs in four years. I am a big fan. History has shown time and again that governors make the best presidents.
Agree with Whitmer.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
Agree there is a lack of quality younger candidates, but disagree that the finger should be pointed at Millennials. Gen X, which is my generation, is at the age where you would normally expect to see them taking the reins of power and producing the leaders of today.
Yeah the oldest millennials are like 40 right now. So my generation literally just became legal to become president haha. With that being said I would much rather have a Gen X aged person compared to two old white men who could die at any minute.

I will not vote for Biden or Trump as I didn’t the last cycle. May be forced to primary a younger GOP person or write in my vote again

Same thing....Trump is the reason Joe is President and the reason they think a 82 yr old can win 2024. They're absolutely correct....if the opponent is Trump.
I have no stats to back this up, but don't incumbents have a better chance at re-election? Seems to be their best chance (not to be confused with choice) no matter who republicans nominate.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
I have no stats to back this up, but don't incumbents have a better chance at re-election? Seems to be their best chance (not to be confused with choice) no matter who republicans nominate.
Bingo. This isn't hard at all.

True. Joe's the D's best bet....there's really no heir apparent and like you said...he's the incumbent.

I think he beats Trump even if the economy tanks....Trump's ceiling is just so locked in.

Any way you cut it she's an issue. She flamed out in 2020 in her presidential run and didn't even stick around for her home state California.

With Joes age there's going to be more scrutiny on the VP. There's scrutiny on her because she sucks...D voters rejected her in the 2020 primaries...

Sugar coat it all you want.
This is fair.

The combination of Biden’s age and Kamala Harris will cost some votes. How many and will it matter is the real question.

We're sandwiched in between two large generational voting blocks so will always be at a disadvantage.

I have no doubt you honestly think that.

Unfortunately independents probably don't think that....that's the problem.
That's a huge problem and why I don't think our populace is very bright, overall. I learned that when they voted Bush in over Gore because Gore was "boring". We're idiots. How any independent could pick the Republican party in 2024 is beyond me.

That's a huge problem and why I don't think our populace is very bright, overall. I learned that when they voted Bush in over Gore because Gore was "boring". We're idiots. How any independent could pick the Republican party in 2024 is beyond me.
I don’t think it’s about independents voting GOP, it’s about apathy and staying home.

Reactions: NoleinATL

I think most independents are hopeful for a better candidate to emerge. Unfortunately, that isn’t likely. I don’t think many independents will be voting for trump. At least I hope not.

Reactions: CaboKP
Let's finish the job.

Is there such a thing as a triple (at least) entendre? So awesome. Who thinks up these things anyway, for any candidate?

And that seems to be all that matters. Fvc* the country as long as Team Blue wins, right?

When you consider the opposition candidate tried to overthrow the government, I'm picking team blue for the good of the country.

Do I wish it was different? Yes. I wish the Dems had a younger candidate and I wish the Republicans had a candidate who didn't try to overthrow the government and preferably one who doesn't try to use the government to punish companies for exercising their first amendment rights.

But unfortunately it's not that way.

Trump is dangerous, he's shown us exactly how dangerous he can be. DeSantis is also rather dangerous because if he can use the state government to personally punish Disney for saying they don't like his law, what will he do the rest of us?

Reactions: blhawk and Ree4
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT