ADVERTISEMENT

President Biden officially declares he's running for reelection

This Kamala fear is beyond absurd. She would be surrounded by enough people who understand how the world works to help guide her in any major decisions she would need to make, foreign policy wise. She was attacked from day 1, more than any other VP, for stupid reasons, and I wonder why that is.

Do I want Kamala as POTUS? No. But I would pick her over any Republican, easily. She would be just fine for a couple of years if she had to.
That’s a bit absurd. By that logic any old HROT’r could be POTUS, because our cabinets would guide us

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
The thing about Kamala is it takes one medical issue for Joe between now and the election to put her front and center.

Reasonably safe bet a 80+ year old man will have one in the next 18 months...

Need someone folks are comfortable with in the bullpen. It ain't Kamala...
Considering who your likely candidate is going to be, can we please just have one separate thread for all age related comments? Going to be exhausting the next 18 months as is.

We have two very good ones, one we let get away in Steve Bullock from Montana. I also think Whitmer would make an outstanding president. I hope she runs in four years. I am a big fan. History has shown time and again that governors make the best presidents.
White Nationalists will never vote for a female for President.

The best hope is they don't vote at all.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
giphy.gif

Reactions: Finance85
This Kamala fear is beyond absurd. She would be surrounded by enough people who understand how the world works to help guide her in any major decisions she would need to make, foreign policy wise. She was attacked from day 1, more than any other VP, for stupid reasons, and I wonder why that is.

Do I want Kamala as POTUS? No. But I would pick her over any Republican, easily. She would be just fine for a couple of years if she had to.
She's incompetent and deserved any and all criticism she receives.

She speaks work salads at least Biden can attribute his to dementia she is just ignorant.

Say whatever you want about him, but he is by far the best chance the Dems have for winning the election.

Okay, Biden's a senile old clown, that likely won't hold up long enough to allow his puppet masters to continue pulling the strings of power for a second term,.. But I do agree with you that he is the Dem's best chance.

Yep...I think the "democracy is on line" spiel has run it's course. Gonna need something else to motivate folks this time...
Hmm women's rights? Gay rights? Minority rights, contraception that goes hand in hand to everything being on the line for everyone but the white male.

That's a huge problem and why I don't think our populace is very bright, overall. I learned that when they voted Bush in over Gore because Gore was "boring". We're idiots. How any independent could pick the Republican party in 2024 is beyond me.
I agree but more than 500k more Americans wanted Gore to be president just like almost 3 million more wanted Hillary in 2016. R's don't think they need to try to appeal to the majority of Americans because the bullshit electoral college makes minority rule possible and it has become their only path to the white house. It has been disastrous for the country

Reactions: TC Nole OX
I agree but more than 500k more Americans wanted Gore to be president just like almost 3 million more wanted Hillary in 2016. R's don't think they need to try to appeal to the majority of Americans because the bullshit electoral college makes minority rule possible and it has become their only path to the white house. It has been disastrous for the country

Wait until they have a "president" who loses by like 5 or 6 million votes.

God help us, as 66% of this board says they don't want to him.

Why don’t you tell us. It’s probably the same reason democrats hate kimmy , isn’t it?
Cause Kamaka has a record of drinking amd driving and getting off easy? Sure. If you want to compare apples to a mongoose.

She's incompetent and deserved any and all criticism she receives.

She speaks work salads at least Biden can attribute his to dementia she is just ignorant.
What can you attribute to this word salad?

Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you're a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is so powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us, this is horrible."

Nope. Try again.
Yo dude she’s not my first choose as heartbeat or bullet away from president. But by god look at our past choices. Would you put Cheney over her? Cause I got seriously question anyones logic who would put that dude over anyone in our current line of succession.

Hell I’d prefer McCarthy over him. McCarthy would continue to do as he’s shown up egregiously so far. But i honestly think he has the temerity to not take us into a virulent world war. He’s too much a populist, his weakness would be his savior. Right now he HAS to give in to MTG. As president there would be no such thing.

I mean I guess id hope. I’m thinking worse case scenario here.

What do folks here think of RFK Jr.? Would you rather have him or Biden as the dem nominee, why or why not?

Just curious. I personally have no opinion as I have done no research on the man.

Biden has delivered all right. High inflation. Devalued retirement funds. High energy costs and renewed reliance on foreign oil. Men competing in women's sports. Open borders. That doesn't even include letting China and Iran do pretty much whatever they want.

I dont think you really graduated from college.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
Kamala is at it again.

VP Kamala Harris is once again being called out for not making sense during her latest rally, where she spoke out about abortion rights at Howard University in Washington, D.C., on Tuesday, April 25.
While chatting with the audience, she encouraged everyone to "stand and fight" against abortion rights, voting rights and LGBTQ rights, according to NPR.

"So I think it's very important, as you have heard from so many incredible leaders for us at every moment in time and certainly this one, to see the moment in time in which we exist and are present, and to be able to contextualize it, to understand where we exist in the history and in the moment as it relates not only to the past but the future," Harris said in a video clip.
Of course, people couldn't help but make fun of the politician, 58.

One person wrote, "Every Kamala speech somehow sounds like the most brutally boring corporate HR seminar imaginable," while another commented on her latest "word salad."

"It’s pretty striking that she is simply incapable of speaking normally. Is she actually smoking weed before grabbing the mic? It would explain so much," a third person stated.

"She speaks like James Joyce would have written if he'd had no talent and been even more drunk," a fourth shared.

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre on Tuesday moved quickly to clean up her answer on whether President Joe Biden would serve all eight years if he were reelected in 2024.

“As you know, we take following the law seriously. So I wanted to be sure that I didn’t go into 2024 more than is appropriate under the law,” Jean-Pierre said in a tweet following Tuesday’s press briefing. “But I can confirm that if re-elected, @POTUS would serve all 8 years.”

The clarification came after a POLITICO reporter asked the press secretary whether Biden planned to serve the full eight years if he won the White House again in 2024. Jean-Pierre demurred, saying that it was “something for him to decide.”

“I’m not just not going to get ahead of it,” Jean-Pierre said. “And there’s a 2024 campaign. Anything related to that, I would refer you to that.”
The press briefing came hours after Biden launched his 2024 reelection campaign, and was the first of many where the White House will have to navigate how it answers questions about a president and incumbent presidential candidate.

Another right wing attack claiming hypocrisy as it relates to Biden's age. There's no place in respectable politics for this kind of mudslinging. :confused:

CNN President Joe Biden, who at 80 has had to confront questions about his age and mental acuity as he launches a reelection campaign for president, once ran a campaign that sharply attacked his opponent’s age.

As Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Norm Lockman wrote, “The new campaign strategy, ordered by Biden himself, eases off the strident tub-thumping and finger pointing and uses an approach that says, in effect, “Dear old dad may have been right for his time - and I love him - but things are different now.’”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT