ADVERTISEMENT

Presidential debate

Will Joe's responses be scripted in advance and available via a teleprompter (like the State of the Union)?
One thing is for sure, Joe will prep for a debate. Trump will just wing it with bluster which is what his supporters love. I wonder how often debates actually change someone's vote. Heck we argue and debate here almost everyday and very few posters change their opinions.

He's great at bragging about himself. Problem is that is is terrible when he has someone else on stage with him dismantling those brags. He also sucks at policy. Can be easily baited into traps. Refuses to debate prep. And then will resort to childish yelling when things don't go his way. These are all horrible weaknesses when it comes to debates.
I agree but I don’t think Biden still has the ability to set him up so that he falls into that trap.
OTOH it doesn’t take much.
I can’t decide if I’d be watching a clown show or Kabuki theater.

One thing is for sure, Joe will prep for a debate.
That's true...probably more so than last time.
Trump will just wing it with bluster which is what his supporters love.
True
I wonder how often debates actually change someone's vote. Heck we argue and debate here almost everyday and very few posters change their opinions.
This is mostly true, but over the years my perspective on many things has changed dramatically. While my over-all beliefs (in certain areas) may not have changed, I'm less "blunt object" about my views and try to be more understanding and compassionate regarding others who's beliefs are different. I'm not nearly as black and white.

I agree but I don’t think Biden still has the ability to set him up so that he falls into that trap.
OTOH it doesn’t take much.
I can’t decide if I’d be watching a clown show or Kabuki theater.
Oh he can easily set Trump up. We all know that Trump can't restrain himself when the topic of E Jean Carroll comes up. Simply start talking about how Trump was found liable for sexual assault. Then found liable for harassing her after he nearly raped her. Then had to pay out $80 million to her. Trump will absolutely take that bait. Then Biden could ask Trump how he, as a father, can treat women that way knowing that he has a daughter? How would Trump feel if someone like him came along and sexually assaulted Ivanka and then publicly harassed her after? Trump will take that bait, too. And that's just one topic. Get Trump defensive about his other court problems, too. How rotten the Trump organization is. How he can't even run that. There are tons of ways to get Trump off his rocker. And I'm not even a Democratic strategist.

Last edited:
There will not be a debate. Trump will whine and bitch that Biden won’t agree to one but Biden can easily just highlight that Trump skipped the primary debates.

Since this is a 2020 redo, a debate is pointless anyway.

lastly, Biden’s team should not allow him to debate anyway

There will not be a debate. Trump will whine and bitch that Biden won’t agree to one but Biden can easily just highlight that Trump skipped the primary debates.

Since this is a 2020 redo, a debate is pointless anyway.

lastly, Biden’s team should not allow him to debate anyway
Biden's team would be elated to get Trump on the stage.

Reactions: SocraticIshmael
That is complete nonsense. Are you one of the talking heads we saw making the rounds on TV uttering the same scripted words about how Biden is all there? Or did they hire you to hit the internet!

Reactions: goldmom
Biden’s team just passed on the opportunity to do a total puff piece interview on national TV during the superbowl.

They protect him from the medias questions post speeches. He does very little interviews and they are with very friendly news outlets.

They absolutely are not going to have him go on national tv at 8pm eastern time to debate Trump.

This is all ya need to know about trump.He was bad in 2016 Clinton ate him up and spit him out. Gennarly speaking when a animals starts flaying around and regurgitating at the mouth we usually put them down.
Struggling Donald Trump GIF by GIPHY News
Did she, though?

Michael Moore would also disagree.

Reactions: ButtersHawk
You think our European and Northeast Asian allies prefer Trump? You can't be serious.
Can you offer any support from that? Perhaps some public statements from world leaders?

You said "sure as hell". It should be pretty easy for you if you're that sure.

As I said previously, there are two types of world leaders, allies and foes. I'd venture a guess foes would prefer Biden. I have no idea about allies.

You have seriously lost it.

I've lost it because I asked you to back up your claim?

You produced something from after the 2020 election. A lot of people view Biden differently now. Can you provide anything supporting your position from the last 3 or 4 months?

You produced something from after the 2020 election. A lot of people view Biden differently now. Can you provide anything supporting your position from the last 3 or 4 months?

I think Biden and Trump will debate. Posters--particular those that claim to not be Trump voters--ignore that Trump makes the equal amount of gaffes and mistakes. Moreover, Trump now has a record that can be attacked and debated. His 4 years was filled with overpromising and under performance, coupled with high deficits and low GDP growth.

• Haha
Reactions: NoWokeBloke

Isn't it logical to assume that the other countries Trump said should be attacked by Russia would not hold him in esteem?

Article published in May 2023.
Point taken. I can't open the article, but I'll take your word for it.

If I was a world leader, and I wanted to push the US into a corner, I'd prefer Biden by POTUS.

When it comes to a debate, if Biden were to beat Trump at this point, I'd be really surprised. Since I won't be voting for either of them, it's really only about opinions on a message board for me.

If I was a world leader, and I wanted to push the US into a corner, I'd prefer Biden by POTUS.

When it comes to a debate, if Biden were to beat Trump at this point, I'd be really surprised. Since I won't be voting for either of them, it's really only about opinions on a message board for me.

I think Biden and Trump will debate. Posters--particular those that claim to not be Trump voters--ignore that Trump makes the equal amount of gaffes and mistakes. Moreover, Trump now has a record that can be attacked and debated. His 4 years was filled with overpromising and under performance, coupled with high deficits and low GDP growth.
I agree with you but it’s just so disappointing to continually see posters not admit that Joe Biden is no longer sharp enough to drive home that point?

yet he wont. he'll have some excuse. either moderator, court, or network choice.
If he thinks he’s ahead in the polls he might do what he has been doing with the primary debates. His capacity for doing stupid things is unparalleled.

Quick question, is it normal for Biden to not debate any Dem opposition? I know Trump hasn't debated any opponents but does an incumbent normally debate?
For instance would Biden have normally debated Phillips, Williamson etc.?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT